Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81703 times)

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2015, 02:29:05 pm »

"Here goes nothing, I guess."

First, try heating up the air to the north with my amp in an attempt to cause heat distortion of the air. If that doesn't seem to be enough try to get some of the skin to the north of our immediate area into a smoldering burn. So it begins to smoke/steam, perhaps with the moisture in the skin it would be somewhat effective.

Hide in jeep behind limbs and corpses.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:11:14 pm by HavingPhun »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2015, 04:21:40 pm »

"Incoming fire from the north! And no smoke screen, it'll only reduce our visibility! The Haebi knows we're not gonna move from this spot, all it needs to do is just keep shooting, and it'll eventually hit something. Also, all it would take is one critter to get eyes on us, and everything knows, and then we're blind and getting sniped. Instead, how about ya be useful with those blocks and toss one up to the north so we can use it as cover!"

Look to the north, and see if I can see where a sniper could be set up, and point it out to the rest of the team. If Miyamoto tosses a stone block up, use my mass amp to position it so it grants a semblance of cover to the team.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

Tell the gunnerbots to look north, look north myself as well as watching the feeds. Try to spot where the attacks are coming from
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »

"...Miyamoto, sir! Are you sure you don't require assistance? Soft rock is easier to dig through than solid rock!"

...Am I to the north of the truck? Scurry around and use the back side of the engine block for cover. Scrape dirt away with hands to make little tiny hole.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:32:35 pm by Pufferfish »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:52 pm »

"Jeeps are not cover! It went right through the engine block!"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 13, 2015, 11:59:22 pm »

Be prepared to dodge "Well, it looks like I'm going to be super useful this mission..."
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2015, 03:34:37 am »

"If you don't want any concealment while you set up your position, that's your call, I can't really see what going on up there.  But between cameyes, a flyer and linked suit cams it wouldn't hamper you a lot. Either way, I ain't got no blocks down here, only slag. You can use your own amp for once. I can use my manip if really needed to throw up a mound of dirt as cover, but any second I'm not digging is a second lost."

"...Miyamoto, sir! Are you sure you don't require assistance? Soft rock is easier to dig through than solid rock!"

...Am I to the north of the truck? Scurry around and use the back side of the engine block for cover.
"No, I'm good, but you can dig a foxhole to help conceal you from the sniper fire if you want. Get out some dirt and pile it north of the hole, and you've got cover."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2015, 04:25:34 am »

Thank shit I've got an MCP II fulla fleshknitter, scream a lot, and hit the nearest soldier with my severed ARM

"PLANET YOU BASTARD! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE ARM!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2015, 08:13:43 am »

"Mr. Shigeru sir! It would appear we're being World War Oned. Did anyone think ahead and plant a nuke back at the drop site so we could distract the planet?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2015, 11:06:19 am »

Keep shooting those god dammn fungus to delay their progress, also keep an eye on the surroundings to see if it is trying to plan something else.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2015, 03:11:13 pm »

"Someone get eyes on them, please! We've got some free amps that just need vision of the enemy!" Ryan says, hiding to the south of the jeep, quickly digging a hole.

Nunzillor

« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »

Go prone.  Using metal poles, create a shovel with MFM.  Then, get up but stay low and help dig shallow trench.  Time allowing, get in trench.
"Maybe we should have done this first...  Hey, anyone with mass amps or lasers want to help Tek out?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:58:44 pm by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2015, 03:23:28 pm »

((I... I wanna used that gif as my avatar now o.o ))

Keep digging, same way as before. Check mindpoints on my spend brain, check where the squiggly lines be at.does the burning namite provide a smokescreen, or doesn't that help?

"Seriously, you people just gonna sit there and take it? Act dammit. You have amps, iveso can fly, and there's plenty of firepower around. Hell, at least throw up a smokescreen if you can to prevent the planet from aiming."

One more turn! But the brain is getting very tired. That red line is starting to wiggle.

Crawl to a safer place than the jeep. Maybe the defleshed bit?
You're already in the defleshed zone. You crawl closer to Miya's hole.

Hey now.

"Here goes nothing, I guess."

First, try heating up the air to the north with my amp in an attempt to cause heat distortion of the air. If that doesn't seem to be enough try to get some of the skin to the north of our immediate area into a smoldering burn. So it begins to smoke/steam, perhaps with the moisture in the skin it would be somewhat effective.

Hide in jeep behind limbs and corpses.
You drag Zayne's corpse over you and hide in the back seat.

"Incoming fire from the north! And no smoke screen, it'll only reduce our visibility! The Haebi knows we're not gonna move from this spot, all it needs to do is just keep shooting, and it'll eventually hit something. Also, all it would take is one critter to get eyes on us, and everything knows, and then we're blind and getting sniped. Instead, how about ya be useful with those blocks and toss one up to the north so we can use it as cover!"

Look to the north, and see if I can see where a sniper could be set up, and point it out to the rest of the team. If Miyamoto tosses a stone block up, use my mass amp to position it so it grants a semblance of cover to the team.
You scan north. You can't see anything specific, but there's an iffy looking formation down on the canyon floor, a sort of small cluster of toadstool looking things.

You grab one of the giant slabs of stone and, with mild difficulty, heave it over so that it is blocking the jeep.

Tell the gunnerbots to look north, look north myself as well as watching the feeds. Try to spot where the attacks are coming from
You can't see anything more then Morul saw, a suspicious formation to the north in the valley. And when he hucks the rock down, you can't see anything.

...Am I to the north of the truck? Scurry around and use the back side of the engine block for cover. Scrape dirt away with hands to make little tiny hole.
You crawl around to the other side of the jeep and start digging a fox hole with your bare hands.

Be prepared to dodge "Well, it looks like I'm going to be super useful this mission..."
I'd like to see how you dodge, johnny no legs.

Thank shit I've got an MCP II fulla fleshknitter, scream a lot, and hit the nearest soldier with my severed ARM

"PLANET YOU BASTARD! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE ARM!"
You whack the guy digging a fox hole with your severed arm and keep screaming, being just...just the most helpful guy around.

Keep shooting those god dammn fungus to delay their progress, also keep an eye on the surroundings to see if it is trying to plan something else.
You make sure the fungus can't grow back at the very least.

Go prone.  Using metal poles, create a shovel with MFM.  Then, get up but stay low and help dig shallow trench.  Time allowing, get in trench.
"Maybe we should have done this first...  Hey, anyone with mass amps or lasers want to help Tek out?"
You construct a...well it's a pretty shitty shovel, but it functions. You help the fox hole guy did a small, shallow trench and promptly lay face first down in it.

"I'M INVISIBLE! IGNORE ME!"

There's the sound of things hitting the stone for a few seconds, then nothing. Hmmm....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2015, 04:31:38 pm »

Replace brain for a fresh one (the better one, of exceptional quality). Ask Steve what it means when the red line on the eeg tarts to wiggle. Then continue digging. If possible, use my legs to push the avatar body against the walls of the pit so that, when the cavern is breached, I won't fall down. Try to make sure only a little bit of slag will fall down. Once breached, check out what's below, and drop down if it seems safe and I won't land on top of the brainstem or anything important/dangerous.
Also, small question, if I wanna cut that brainstem using my monorazor naginata, would that still be uncon? Is there any way it'd become a handi roll?

"I'm almost there troopers, stay frosty. "
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:36:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2015, 04:38:45 pm »

"Right, drag the wounded behind the rock, and you two lying in the shallow grave? Might wanna make that a bit deeper. Also, I feel the need to tell you lot to not stick your heads around the corner. Should be obvious, but there's always the slow one who doesn't quite get it. Anyone who isn't tending to an injured teammate, scan the horizon, look for some weird toadstool shapes, I think they're what's sniping us."

This jeep has rearview mirrors, right? Rip one off and use it to peer around the slab of stone, I want to check out what exactly the Haebi are using for ammunition.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45