Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81543 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »

(Did I miss a turn or two?)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2015, 04:01:54 pm »

"Ugh. Glad I have a metal head. Miyamoto, I've got a Brisant with four frag, and three High-X. Not much, but better than nuking them with a manipulator. Well, safer. Probably."

Stare out the front of the jeeps, and give directions to avoid potholes. If my jeep is disabled, run beside the other one if I can, and get in if I can't.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »

"Sh-.." Zayne flopped around like a fish for a moment before trying to resist the mindfuckingness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2015, 05:44:48 pm »

" I - fuck, my head, ow - I've got a microwave amp. Not much of a nuke unless I go with it. I"ll try to tend to the injured. Can someone not dying look at my eyes for me? I think I popped a few blood vessels."

Fuck, my head. Quietly self-diagnose while I go help out the nearest seizure patient.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2015, 07:44:57 pm »

"Holy crap, that hurts! I think I am alright, but if I try to fly again, I am almost sure they will take me down again."

Nunzillor

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2015, 07:58:42 pm »

"Tek supposes this is still going better than the Eater of Cold mission.  So far."

If Tek's jeep is disabled and can't be quickly fixed, get into the other one while helping others get onto it.  Otherwise, stay in the current jeep.  If the driver of the jeep that Tek gets on or stays on is unable to continue driving, gently move them aside and start driving in whatever direction Miyamoto wants.  Quickly.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:02:59 pm by Nunzillor »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:59 pm »

Fly ahead to look for the cluster, also pay attention to the surroundings to prevent being hit again by whatever that thing was.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2015, 12:41:51 am »

((Sorry for missing the last turn, I got married over the weekend,and didn't have the foresight to see I'd be to busy to post before hand. I know usually afk armour is pretty good, but my character has -1 mind, so I'm going to assume he's probably going crazy at this point))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:47:57 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:02 am »

((Sorry for missing the last turn, I got married over the weekend,and didn't have the foresight to see I'd be to busy to post before hand. I know usually afk armour is pretty good, but my character has -1 mind, so I'm going to assume he's probably going crazy at this point))
((Congratulations?))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2015, 12:49:21 am »

((Thank you! =D))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2015, 02:15:08 am »

"Requesting permission to shoot with the mindfuck gun sir! They're already mindfucking us, so I don't think it's a liability any more!"

Keep driving
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2015, 10:37:39 am »

"Ugh. Glad I have a metal head. Miyamoto, I've got a Brisant with four frag, and three High-X. Not much, but better than nuking them with a manipulator. Well, safer. Probably."

Stare out the front of the jeeps, and give directions to avoid potholes. If my jeep is disabled, run beside the other one if I can, and get in if I can't.

"Damn, was hoping for more.
Ok, so we got four frag, three High-X, two namite canisters, 2 Remote Explosive Shells for hand cannnon from Persus. That should make about 2 decent bombs. Oh, and Morul, is your flamethrower loaded? We could add that as well. Also, these Brisant shells, can you detonate them remotely? What's the range on your detonator. And if that won't work, is there a timed option? Oh, and sine we lack any way to launch it, I can try to just throw it at them, but you'll need to use your amp to steer it towards them if my aim is off. I need to conserve brainpower in case nothng alese works and we have to nuke it.

I also think we have 2 nyartifacts we could add, but I doubt that'll help. Tek, you seem like the handiest fellow around, so I'll need you to build those bombs."

"Requesting permission to shoot with the mindfuck gun sir! They're already mindfucking us, so I don't think it's a liability any more!"

Keep driving

"Let's try the bombs first, in case that thing just makes it mutate faster. If those don't work though, I'll reconsider. We haven't even reached the cluster yet, so we'll probably still need it!"

(@nunzillor: making and launching bombs can be done next turn, no need to add it yet, let's ensure we are all up and moving before that).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:42:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »

Run away!
Kyle leaps from the jeep and goes running off to the south, getting a whole square away from the rest of the team.

Pop will pill, resist outside influence, then reconnect with avatar.
Is jeep 1 busted, or can it still be used? Help shove peeps into jeep 2 if busted. If not enough room, carry them.

Is there any sign of that brain yet? If yes, go that direction FAST. If not, quickly rip out some ground and check nerves, then go that direction. If also nothing, just go west. FAST. Make sure jeeps follow.

Try to estimate how long it'll take the shrooms to reach us if we go at our top speed (as a team, aka jeep top speed assuming avoiding pits), and how long if we were standing still (try to get estimate in turns). Would cutting into the mass with laser at max slow it down? Also, could you mark the fungal deathwave on the map?

"Shit. I knew they'd pull that. Gorram Altered wannabes.

Ok peeps, no time to waste. If jeep 1 is busted, pile into jeep 2. If the driver of either is convulsing, then someone else get to driving as long as you don't massively suck at it. Then floor it. WE HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE. Morul, look ahead of you, they'll need your cameyes to avoid pits. Medics, if you can, look after those that are still being affected.

Iveso, can you get up? We have no time to waste here, but the medics can't exactly get to you either. If you can, I need you to fly ahead and try to find that cluster."

You grasp for the pills but your hands go right through them, same with the walls of the avatar. You swing your hands around in confusion, looking for something that is real.

If the steering wheel isn't completely fucked, switch to steering with my tentacle and floor it away from the flesh wall.

"Yarr, it be a fungusnami! I have not seen its like before in me hours of pirating. Such a storm, it be as if the very sea is conspiring against us! Which it is, yarr."

If it is completely fucked (as in all of the spokes are completely gone so there's absolutely no way to turn the wheel, abandon ship and get in the other jeep.

"Yarr, me beloved vessel, taken from me too soon by the cruel flesh sea, yarr."

Either way, do as much as possible with my tentacle rather than my doom arms, just in case the mindfuck comes back.
Flesh wall? What flesh wall? The biggest thing around here is Miya and he looks like he's drunk, just wandering around swinging lumbering arms at empty air.

The jeep can be driven using your tentacle though, so thats the good news. Bad news is that the guy in the seat next to you is attempting to stab you to death. You mange to grab his arm with your tentacle and shout at him to stop otherwise you'll have to use the DOOOOOOM ARMS!

Ian looks at all his squirming comrades and in confusion, and resolves to simply ignore the happenings for the moment, then yells to ?Ronald? (Wolfkit's character):

"Captain, is she sunk, can ye save her!?"

After his response, Ian turns and speaks to no one in particular:

"I can't imagine my luck will hold out much longer. First I survived the tentacles, now I am not affected by this. I'm screwed!"

If the jeep is toast (or cinnamon toast), hop in the other one, possibly help any wounded folk into the other jeep, if needed, and if I have time to do so. Hope that my luck continues to hold.
The jeep seems functional, so you wait. You wonder if anyone should be checking the nerves. They look pretty thick and tangled here, even through the skin. But they're not going in any particular direction either.

The jeep isn't moving yet, but you wait for it to start so you can give it directions.

"Sh-.." Zayne flopped around like a fish for a moment before trying to resist the mindfuckingness.
Everything is going fine at first, then the guy in the seat next to you just starts taking swings at you, trying to punch you in the noggin.

" I - fuck, my head, ow - I've got a microwave amp. Not much of a nuke unless I go with it. I"ll try to tend to the injured. Can someone not dying look at my eyes for me? I think I popped a few blood vessels."

Fuck, my head. Quietly self-diagnose while I go help out the nearest seizure patient.
You shake off the pain and try to help Zayne, who recoils away from you and starts screaming.

"Tek supposes this is still going better than the Eater of Cold mission.  So far."

If Tek's jeep is disabled and can't be quickly fixed, get into the other one while helping others get onto it.  Otherwise, stay in the current jeep.  If the driver of the jeep that Tek gets on or stays on is unable to continue driving, gently move them aside and start driving in whatever direction Miyamoto wants.  Quickly.
You step on the gas. The jeep chugs heavily for a moment before it coughs black smoke and catches on fire.

"Welp".

Fly ahead to look for the cluster, also pay attention to the surroundings to prevent being hit again by whatever that thing was.
What you see as you get up into the air is that the nerves are just barely visible from about 10-15 feet in the air and that they appear to be converging on this area.

Allow me to give you a honeymoon gift.

The guy with the Doom arms starts morphing in hideous ways, going full STAN but with doom arms instead of legs. You whip out your knife and attempt to hold him off.

Keep driving

Ok, stop. Hold the phone here. I've got 4 fucking people who are acting like they're driving. Wolfkit, Tek and Doris all have actions about driving, and Kedly is listed as a driver on the wiki. You've got 2 jeeps. Who the hell is driving them?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »

((Great, more hallucinating. Now I wonder if the moving wall 'o doom was also imaginary. It just might be, according to that one guy. Failing will again does kinda invalidate a lot of the previous rp :/ ))

Regain control dammit. Also, didn't I have at least 1 will pill installed into a hollow molar for situations like this? Try to bite down on it and swallow, to help regain control. Focus on that.

If people are attacking others, tell Steve to zap the ones that aren't in control momentarily unconscious, but only once I'm sure I'm not hallucinating anymore. Only go for short time unconscious.

Is there any sign of that brain yet? If yes, go that direction FAST. If not, quickly rip out some ground and check nerves, then go that direction. If also nothing, go down one space, and look around (be sure to use cameyes, maybe they can show where the nerves gather?)

((Also, forgot this at first, but congratulations to you and your spouse!))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:55:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »

Zayne yells at the guy who's 'punching' at him, "Nyah! Fuck your shit!" He attempts to kick that guy away. Because screw your charity. (And Zayne has no clue.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:11:38 pm by Shaporia »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45