Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31804 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2015, 10:37:19 am »

Head to another signal and do the same thing. Still leaving Xan for last. If I have enough time, do the same thing again to grab another body that isn't Xan.
You fly from one signal to the next, grabbing several bodies. As you grab the last one , something skitters from the burnt chunk of flesh and starts climbing up your arm.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »

Scoop it into an artifact container. I knew I brought those for a reason.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2015, 03:42:42 pm »

((He lives!))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2015, 10:30:46 am »

Scoop it into an artifact container. I knew I brought those for a reason.
You snap the thing up in one of the containers and get a good look at it. It appears to be one of the bugs that lived in Mesk.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:15 am »

This looks like one of Mesk's bugs. I guess that chunk was what's left of him. But didn't he have that pyramid too? I wonder if that's still around. Jason think to himself as he studies the bug.

"Steve, I've found what's left of Mesk. I got one of his bugs, but I don't see his pyramid anywhere. You think you could pick it up with the sensors and light it up on my HUD so I can retrieve it? Seems like a waste to leave that firepower floating in space."

Ask for directions to pyramid. Carefully look around for pyramid. If it's nearby and not covered in bugs, carefully maneuver to it and scoop it into a container. Otherwise, head back to the shuttle carefully. Controlled bursts of fuel and all that. Watch out for more bugs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2015, 09:35:25 am »

This looks like one of Mesk's bugs. I guess that chunk was what's left of him. But didn't he have that pyramid too? I wonder if that's still around. Jason think to himself as he studies the bug.

"Steve, I've found what's left of Mesk. I got one of his bugs, but I don't see his pyramid anywhere. You think you could pick it up with the sensors and light it up on my HUD so I can retrieve it? Seems like a waste to leave that firepower floating in space."

Ask for directions to pyramid. Carefully look around for pyramid. If it's nearby and not covered in bugs, carefully maneuver to it and scoop it into a container. Otherwise, head back to the shuttle carefully. Controlled bursts of fuel and all that. Watch out for more bugs.

>I don't know where it is. No one ever put a tracking device on it. It could be anywhere in the debris cloud, if it survived.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2015, 10:51:12 am »

((Could we assume that Heph personnel are observing the mission feeds as well, where they find them interesting? Anton would like to put a bounty on that pyramid device, as it would likely help in his research.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2015, 11:19:25 pm »

"Hey Steve, I'm gonna shine my lamps. You think you could analyze the feed and try to see if it reflects off the pyramid please? Also, I think Xan's dead. Do I get paid more for going to get him?"

Look for HEP pyramid. If I don't find it, shine suit lamps around at the debris and ask Steve to analyze the feed to check for any reflections off the pyramid. If the lights attract Mesk's bugs, get back to the shuttle carefully but quickly. If at any point I find the pyramid, scoop it into an artifact container and get back to the shuttle carefully.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:28:26 pm by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2015, 11:17:03 am »

((Could we assume that Heph personnel are observing the mission feeds as well, where they find them interesting? Anton would like to put a bounty on that pyramid device, as it would likely help in his research.))
You can assume this.

"Hey Steve, I'm gonna shine my lamps. You think you could analyze the feed and try to see if it reflects off the pyramid please? Also, I think Xan's dead. Do I get paid more for going to get him?"

Look for HEP pyramid. If I don't find it, shine suit lamps around at the debris and ask Steve to analyze the feed to check for any reflections off the pyramid. If the lights attract Mesk's bugs, get back to the shuttle carefully but quickly. If at any point I find the pyramid, scoop it into an artifact container and get back to the shuttle carefully.
You look around for the pyramid for several minutes, combing the area near mesk. You finally find it over by what might have been mesk's arm at one point. Or maybe just some charcoal briquettes. You reach out to grab it and it immediately "Latches" onto your arm with invisible force and proceeds to spin a few times, crunching, mulching and generally ruining your right hand and arm. Ow.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »

"Ow! Fucking damn it! Fuck this, I'm going home." Jason shouts inside his helmet as his arm is mulched. He takes a few moments to calm down before looking back towards the shuttle. "Hey Steve, you mind giving me another line back to the shuttle. I'd rather not screw this up any more. Gonna bring them back to the Sword." Jason asks.

If Steve draws a line back to the shuttle for me, carefully follow it and take my time to do it right with one arm. If he doesn't draw it, make my way back to the shuttle carefully and taking time to do it right with one arm. Stay away from any Mesk bugs. Also maybe go a bit faster if blood loss is an issue. Still short, controlled bursts of fuel though.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:05:30 pm by Beirus »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »

((If only we had someone who was skilled in medical matters))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

((If only we had someone who was skilled in medical matters))
((If only we had one that wasn't dead. Seriously, what's up with the medics being the first to die on this mission?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2015, 10:08:49 pm »

((They should have taken useful skills!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #253 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:25 am »

"Ow! Fucking damn it! Fuck this, I'm going home." Jason shouts inside his helmet as his arm is mulched. He takes a few moments to calm down before looking back towards the shuttle. "Hey Steve, you mind giving me another line back to the shuttle. I'd rather not screw this up any more. Gonna bring them back to the Sword." Jason asks.

If Steve draws a line back to the shuttle for me, carefully follow it and take my time to do it right with one arm. If he doesn't draw it, make my way back to the shuttle carefully and taking time to do it right with one arm. Stay away from any Mesk bugs. Also maybe go a bit faster if blood loss is an issue. Still short, controlled bursts of fuel though.
You make it back to the ship but you're starting to feel dizzy from the blood loss. The suit's pressure helps somewhat, and the blood freezing in space is pretty nice, but you're still losing it at a not insignificant rate. At this point you could just set the ship to autopilot and quietly try not to  exsanguinate in the corner as it went back to the Sword. Or you could try to get Xan, and hopefully do it fast enough that you don't die in the process.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2015, 10:48:33 am »

Jason does a quick corpse count as he enters the shuttle. "That's everyone but Xan, I think. I could go get it. Probably the right thing to do...what the hell am I saying, that thing is a monster. Safer to leave it out here." Jason mumbled to himself, swaying a bit from dizziness as he makes his way to the console and hits the autopilot command.

"Steve, the shuttle's on autopilot. I would really appreciate it if you had a doctor or two standing by when we get there, and maybe some blood too. I seem to be losing a lot of it. I'm gonna go sit in that corner and try not to die until we get there."

Use autopilot to go back to Sword. Sit in corner and try not to bleed out. Maybe put pressure on the injury with my good arm. Unless that would require medical knowledge. Don't do it if it does. Think of that Sheep I saw that one time. Wonder if it found a nice pasture to graze in.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:42:48 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20