Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31819 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2015, 09:16:42 am »

((So Dubley's still alive and well, albeit without anything in his inventory? If we get him first, could he use the extra maneuvering gear to help out?))

Get us as close to a cluster of the implant signals as safely possible, or a midpoint between them if they are spread out.
Alive? No. He just managed to get less damaged.

You maneuver the ship over to the mid area between two signals. There's a distance of about 50-60 miles between the ship and the signals.

While flying guy does flying, try to figure out from the implant readings what happened to the various people out there so I can treat them better.
The readings aren't showing anything other then that the people are very dead. Those implants don't tell you much about the state of a non-living body.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »

((Ah well.
Wait.
Quote from: Xan char sheet
Aux -1
FUCK))

I know you want to be away from me, but we should stick together when going to retrieve the bodies - I'm not very skilled with operating machinery and unless I'm mistaken, you can't perform medicine as well as I can. We should complement one another.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2015, 02:05:27 pm »

"What medicine? From what Steve said, it sounded like Joker Team is pretty FUBAR. We grab what's left of them and drag them back to the ship. You trying to pull something? I suppose I'll go, if only to keep an eye on you."

Can I leave the ship without it drifting off? If so, put on gear if it isn't already on. Go check out one of the signals with Xan, I guess.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2015, 03:22:08 pm »

There might be someone intact enough that I can resuscitate them,and I need the medical practice.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2015, 10:10:57 am »

"What medicine? From what Steve said, it sounded like Joker Team is pretty FUBAR. We grab what's left of them and drag them back to the ship. You trying to pull something? I suppose I'll go, if only to keep an eye on you."

Can I leave the ship without it drifting off? If so, put on gear if it isn't already on. Go check out one of the signals with Xan, I guess.
Welp. Ok.

You both strap on your maneuver gear and leave the ship, attempting to fly the SIXTY MILES to the first corpse. Jason, behaving like a reasonable human, uses his fuel in short bursts to gain some speed and then coast on it toward the destination, conserving fuel. Xan, behaving like xan, holds his burn button down continuously, hurling himself off into empty space. By the time his pack runs out of fuel he's drifted onto a completely perpendicular path from where Jason is headed, and is flying away from him at several hundred miles an hour. Jason, on the other hand, only manages to get lost, not lost AND out of fuel.

Perhaps the idea of parking the ship SIXTY MILES from the targets and then flying there, alone, on short range maneuver gear, without the aid of any safety tether, WAS A POOR IDEA.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2015, 10:14:20 am »

WHY DID I AGREE TO DO THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Is there anything I have on me that I can use to stop my uncontrolled rocket into space? If so, use it. Then try to figure out where the fuck I am.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:35 am »

((Hahaha! Oh god. I didn't think this mission could fuck up any more, but I was wrong. Now the rescue team needs a rescue team. Heh.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2015, 10:26:05 am »

(I'm wondering about orbital mechanics now)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2015, 12:43:11 pm »

((I didn't read closely enough. Completely missed the 50-60 miles part. Probably should have specified to go check out the signal in the ship. Dammit, drunk me. Also, we had safety tethers? I thought ARM eschewed anything with the word "safety" in it. Guess it's just by choice, then.))

"It looked so much closer from the shuttle. Welp. Hey Steve, you mind directing me back to the shuttle?"

Get directions from Steve to get back to the shuttle. Make sure to use short bursts of fuel to slow down, change direction, get back, etc. Also, is there anything interesting nearby?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:48:46 pm by Beirus »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2015, 03:17:23 pm »

Xan's voice comes crackling in over the comms.

JOHN! JARED! JASON! WHATEVER! I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE FUCK I AM HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2015, 11:38:58 pm »

((M19: Where easy means fatal!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2015, 02:05:50 am »

((Not sober, please ignore any action in this post. Glad I already did a thing when sober. Tempted to not go get Xan at any point. Just saying. Not something Jason might want to do.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:29:48 am by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2015, 11:18:46 am »

Hey guys, your rescue team consists of a drunk and a Xan. How ya feeling bout those odds?

WHY DID I AGREE TO DO THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Is there anything I have on me that I can use to stop my uncontrolled rocket into space? If so, use it. Then try to figure out where the fuck I am.
[Gen Know:2]
You know! You'll use the atmosphere from the suit as a propellant!
[Aux: 1]
You point your head in the opposite direction  as the way you're currently moving and pull your helmet off.
[End:1]
Your eyes immediately explode for some reason, and your lungs pop out of your mouth. You are dead.

((I didn't read closely enough. Completely missed the 50-60 miles part. Probably should have specified to go check out the signal in the ship. Dammit, drunk me. Also, we had safety tethers? I thought ARM eschewed anything with the word "safety" in it. Guess it's just by choice, then.))

"It looked so much closer from the shuttle. Welp. Hey Steve, you mind directing me back to the shuttle?"

Get directions from Steve to get back to the shuttle. Make sure to use short bursts of fuel to slow down, change direction, get back, etc. Also, is there anything interesting nearby?
Steve kindly lays a nice, easily visible line across your hud as a way for you to get back. All you have to do is follow it.
[aux:3]
This proves mildly difficult. You manage to follow it pretty well, but you can't make it back to the ship this turn. But at least your eyes didn't explode.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2015, 11:26:14 am »

((... I am impressed))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:08 am »

((I...just....what the...God damnit. Can I use a lifeline and have Milno come and save our asses? Because what the hell.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20