Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31828 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2015, 01:12:27 am »

"Alright, I'll trust you.  Give the word."
Get ready to back up the breach with monorazor and glue.  Hold off on the Pyramid of Power.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2015, 01:31:35 am »

"Ready when Pan is."

If something opens the door and nothing seems amiss, enter the door carefully.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2015, 06:49:53 am »

"right, peel open door and hold of murderous space bees, gotcha. I'll hang back in case you all get mindfucked so I can pull you back out, okay? "

step 1: peel open door using microwave and mass amp, like before

Step 2: make a force wall on the new opening and scan the inside for hostiles

step 3: if no hostiles present themselves, end force wall so the others can breach

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2015, 07:16:10 am »

"Here goes nothing."

As soon as I can, start scanning room with cam-eyes. Have shield and Spektr up and ready, use as needed, same with Con stim. Follow after Faith with breaching the room looking for hostile, traps or anything else not good.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2015, 09:13:50 am »

Spektr ready, con stim ready, stay with the team.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:38 am »

"Yeah, being a coward here doesn't look good on that resume. Might as well help."

Float back to the Funship and help out teammates with whatever is behind Door #2
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »

"Yeah, being a coward here doesn't look good on that resume. Might as well help."

Float back to the Funship and help out teammates with whatever is behind Door #2
You turn back towards the fun ship just as Your teammates open the door. For you, there is only an instant of cognitive vision; a final image before you're reduced to a heavily irradiated corpse. The ship blooms in a ball of light, an expanding wave. The invisible ship, which is partially between you and it, is illuminated as a solid black mass against a new sun. And then there is nothing.

THE REST

So you all open that door. Specifically, Pancaek does it. And he, being in front, sees the trip wire break. And He, reacting almost entirely on instinct, throws a protective shield up around the team. When the tripwire's electrical switch triggers and it sends the activation code to the ship's nuclear arsenal, this shield gives the team a fleeting but invaluable moment of protection. The shield protects them from the first few fractions of a second or so of the blast, and results in them being pushed away by the force of the explosion, rather then simply vaporized. It would be a small comfort to them, if they had the capacity to understand or comprehend it before the blast tore the shield away and burnt their bodies.

Now, none of you should know this, since you're all dead, but here is how this played out:

Mesk: Permadead.
Thad: Dead, all items lost, but helmet and brain survived mostly intact.
Yancy: dead, but partially intact. Fared the best.
Dubley: REALITY GLITCH: DODGED A BULLET Loses everything in their inventory. 
Faith: Loses everything in their inventory, synthflesh body pretty much entirely destroyed, but brain survives uninjured.
Pancaek: Body survives much like Faith's, but his efforts with the amp, though saving him, end up giving him some brain damage

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:22:57 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2015, 03:26:38 pm »

Never fear, M19 people! Xan's coming to rescue you!

Why are you screaming
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2015, 08:52:12 am »

What the salvage team comes across is a wide bubble of still expanding debris; the largest pieces of which belong to the invisi-ship. They have a reading from the implants of their teamates, which gives them a pretty good idea where their bodies are, but it's still gonna require a fair bit of flying about and space walking to gather them all up.

Visually of course, there's basically nothing to see. a few bits and pieces of ship scattered over hundreds of miles of blackness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2015, 01:08:15 pm »

((So Dubley's still alive and well, albeit without anything in his inventory? If we get him first, could he use the extra maneuvering gear to help out?))

Get us as close to a cluster of the implant signals as safely possible, or a midpoint between them if they are spread out.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

While flying guy does flying, try to figure out from the implant readings what happened to the various people out there so I can treat them better.
Sig! Onol

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2015, 05:50:11 pm »

((Ha! We're all dead. Just shove what's left of us into garbage bags and toss us into the shuttle so the Sword's doctors can revive us.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2015, 12:48:33 am »

((Ha! We're all dead. Just shove what's left of us into garbage bags and toss us into the shuttle so the Sword's doctors can revive us.))
((I'm a doctor! Whatever could go wrong with me doing some ... practice ... on you guys?))
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2015, 12:56:57 am »

((I'm a doctor! Whatever could go wrong with me doing some ... practice ... on you guys?))
Why are you screaming
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2015, 01:43:37 am »

((I'm not entirely sure myself))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20