Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31841 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2015, 08:39:59 pm »

"Yancy's still got most of his goop left. Him, Mesk, and Faith still have their grenades too. And I have some duct tape.

You know what, fine, let's open the bad vibes doors. This mission's been way to easy so far."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:43:20 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »

"...well alrighty then. Do what ya need to do then with those."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2015, 09:20:51 pm »

"You really want to open that door now?  Just rush in blindly?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »

"Wha? Wait what? No no no. I'd like Steves opinions on this first. My bad, that last bit was a little ambiguous."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »

"We'll probably have to open it eventually, but that shouldn't preclude... experimenting with the door's properties first.

I have... some experience with mindrape."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »

"How's about this, you and Pan stay here to poke at the door, but do not open it, until Steve says yay or nay on that. The rest of us will take the robots back to the ship, and then head back, depending on Steves answer. Sound good?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2015, 11:31:02 pm »

"Sounds good. Here goes nothing..."

Put hands on the sealed door and think about opening it. If I don't go into a psychotic frenzy, step back and consider next move.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:29 am »

"Cool, I'll stay here and stare at the door then. Me and that door have some business anyway. Whatever is behind it tried to mindrape me. Me! Now I'll have to hold it down and piss all over it just to establish my psychic dominance. Figuratively speaking, of course."

Cameye cycle that door to see behind it maybe, and try to get me tingly wingly wibbly wobbly space magic senses to pick up something as well. If Faith gets dangerous, grab her in place with mass amp and float her away from the door.

Also try to get a feel about how much mindpower I've got left
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:25:02 am by Pancaek »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:11 am »

Fly back to ship. Cram the shuttle full of robots.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »

"...ok, if ythere's something sealed behindthat door, it's caused our command team to flip the fuck out. Yeah, NOPE!

Join the nope brigade and de-ass the ship back to our ride with whatever loot I have
"Hell naw. Fuck that." You run and hurl yourself out of the ship and into the black expanse of space, using your manuvering pack to get back to the drop ship, which is luckily now open and flashing lights to help you find it.

"Hmm. Fuck. Ok, guys? Let's take the robots we have and go back to the ship, so we'll at least guarantee we have those. On the way there, I'll ask Steve if he thinks it's important enough for us to check out. If he says we should, or he's fairly certain we won't all die immediately, we'll investigate. Otherwise, we're outta here. Deal?"

Take some intact, de-activated robots back to the ship. Ask Steve on the way there: "So, when we went to open crew quarters door, I believe three of us just got mind fucked. Could you review our suit data and tell us if we did? And is it possible that as something could be behind there that could compromise the mission when we leave? And if so, do you think we should disable it?"

IF Steve thinks we should investigate or gives us no good reason not to leave immediately, go back to the door. Make sure we're all ready. Scan with cam-eyes prior to opening, and immediately after opening. Look for traps, hostiles or any other source of mind fuckery. Use shield, Spektr and Con stim as needed. If none is found move on to the next rooms. After all rooms are cleared, then loot easy to care items worth tokens. Or any data that might also be worth tokens.

IF Steve thinks we shouldn't, or explicitly tells us not to, stay in the blackhole ship and head back to the sword, assuming the mission is complete.

I'm not gonna give you hints but I'll tell you that whatever happened to you just then didn't have the normal hallmarks of a mindfuck. Choose your own destiny.

We'll say the robots got loaded onto the ship.

"Sounds good. Here goes nothing..."

Put hands on the sealed door and think about opening it. If I don't go into a psychotic frenzy, step back and consider next move.
You put your hands on the door and consider opening it. Nothing feels off to you.

"Cool, I'll stay here and stare at the door then. Me and that door have some business anyway. Whatever is behind it tried to mindrape me. Me! Now I'll have to hold it down and piss all over it just to establish my psychic dominance. Figuratively speaking, of course."

Cameye cycle that door to see behind it maybe, and try to get me tingly wingly wibbly wobbly space magic senses to pick up something as well. If Faith gets dangerous, grab her in place with mass amp and float her away from the door.

Also try to get a feel about how much mindpower I've got left

Your cameyes don't see anything through the walls, and you can't sense anything. But you've got plenty of mind power at least.

Fly back to ship. Cram the shuttle full of robots.
You're out, you got your robots, you don't need anymore of that garbage.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2015, 04:38:25 pm »

((Hmm. So an Intuition roll I'm betting. Welp time to see what horrors hide behind door number 1!))

Quote from: Thaddeus To: Milno
So, I'm not entirely sure what it was, but it seems it wasn't necessarily a mindfuck. I'm still leaning towards opening and clearing all of those rooms though. Any thoughts or advice?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:49 pm »

Pan stands in the hallway, arms crossed and tapping his foot "I cant see shit in there with my cameyes, and it's pissing me off. You want me to just melt everything in that room to slag?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2015, 06:08:24 pm »

"If it's cameye shielded, then whatever's in there must be important. We gotta get in there."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »

"I wouldn't be hasty here. I'm not getting anything, so whatever freaked those two out is either native to them or unimpressed by 'maybes.'

I still say we open it and see what's in there."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2015, 11:35:07 pm »

"Huh. No response yet from Milno. I agree you guys. We open it. And the other doors. Carefully though. I, unfortunately, believe Pan is going to be the best at opening these doors. Peel them on open and maybe put up a wall of force to keep stuff at bay while we scan? Then I'd say Faith with her machete followed by me and who ever else is still here. Sound good guys?"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20