Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31842 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2015, 12:58:54 pm »

"...ok I'm a little bit more calm now. That's a good point. Unfortunately. How do you propose we do this then?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2015, 01:01:02 pm »

"...ok I'm a little bit more calm now. That's a good point. Unfortunately. How do you propose we do this then?"
"We bust down the door and fuck up whatever is inside? I mean, all I'm getting is some vague uneasiness, like having to take a shit real bad or something. What, do you feel different?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2015, 01:16:07 pm »

"Nopenopenopenope Hell Nope. Don't open that door its full of angry space bees you'll doom us all."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:17:34 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2015, 01:18:01 pm »

"Eh, mostly gibbering and wanting to curl up into the fetal position. And we should probably retrieve Dubley before he floats too far away. We should probably have Faith be one of the first ones in, what with her machete and all, if we do this."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2015, 01:28:04 pm »

"I have rockets, I can retrieve myself.
Are you really sure you want to open that door?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »

Quote from: Milno to Rookie
Calm the fuck down. The locked rooms really look like bad news. I don't advise you to open them. Do you remember what you saw? If not, then don't try to do it in order to prevent another bout of madness, just check if anyone had a visual on what's behind the doors.
Spoiler: For piecewise (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2015, 01:35:18 pm »

"Eh, mostly gibbering and wanting to curl up into the fetal position. And we should probably retrieve Dubley before he floats too far away. We should probably have Faith be one of the first ones in, what with her machete and all, if we do this."
"Huh, I just really felt like taking a shit. Does Steve know anything about this?"

"I have rockets, I can retrieve myself.
Are you really sure you want to open that door?"

"Well we can't just leave whatever it is that's in there be. Think of the children."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

"Okay guys. Milno advises not opening them. Anyone see anything behind them or did we all just get mind fucked?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »

"I didn't see anything. One moment all was fine and the other I get a tingly feeling along my spine and you two go apeshit on me."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2015, 01:49:19 pm »

Quote from: Milno to Rookie
I'm checking with Steve. Do the same and don't do anything rash, he might want you to tackle that problem just in case. Just pile your loot into the ship for now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2015, 05:42:38 pm »

"Hmm. Fuck. Ok, guys? Let's take the robots we have and go back to the ship, so we'll at least guarantee we have those. On the way there, I'll ask Steve if he thinks it's important enough for us to check out. If he says we should, or he's fairly certain we won't all die immediately, we'll investigate. Otherwise, we're outta here. Deal?"

Take some intact, de-activated robots back to the ship. Ask Steve on the way there: "So, when we went to open crew quarters door, I believe three of us just got mind fucked. Could you review our suit data and tell us if we did? And is it possible that as something could be behind there that could compromise the mission when we leave? And if so, do you think we should disable it?"

IF Steve thinks we should investigate or gives us no good reason not to leave immediately, go back to the door. Make sure we're all ready. Scan with cam-eyes prior to opening, and immediately after opening. Look for traps, hostiles or any other source of mind fuckery. Use shield, Spektr and Con stim as needed. If none is found move on to the next rooms. After all rooms are cleared, then loot easy to care items worth tokens. Or any data that might also be worth tokens.

IF Steve thinks we shouldn't, or explicitly tells us not to, stay in the blackhole ship and head back to the sword, assuming the mission is complete.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:00:07 pm by renegadelobster »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2015, 07:12:59 pm »

"I'm with Pan. Leaving this unresolved sounds like it's asking for trouble. If it's something Haebi, and this close to a spore world it likely is, it's not going to like or have to sit still for us bombing its home and then trying to lead it around."

Nonetheless, just pile robo-loot into the shuttle for now.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:31:17 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2015, 07:44:59 pm »

"I have a feeling Steves going to have us check it out. And seeing as how two vets are saying we should check it out, I'm rather inclined to agree with you guys."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2015, 08:23:21 pm »

"Ha!  I knew something was gonna go wrong!  I suggest we stay put and guard the door for the time being until we get a confirmation back from the ship; that way we don't have to go inside and risk our skins blind, but we don't risk anything crawling out of there unnoticed either.  Anyone have glue left over?"

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2015, 08:32:41 pm »

"Nah, I think we used up every little bit we brought. Could have two or three people stay over here, while the rest of us take the robots to the ship and then head back. That way we could keep eyes on, and in, the ship. Just in case."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20