Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31856 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 01:17:12 am »

"Alright. Let's do this!"

Pop Dex and Uncon stims. Dash into the computer room, butcher any hostile, mindlessly aggressive robotic... any hostile non-ARM robots along the way. Refrain from damaging or endangering the computer itself at all costs.

((EDIT: Added "hostile" kill target qualifier. We might need maintenance droids...))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:46:03 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 01:27:06 am »

Stick with Thaddeus like the goop from our goop throwers and do exactly what he does.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 01:44:48 am »

Get into the computer room and disable the robots ASAP.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:58:53 pm by Remalle »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 01:49:55 am »

Follow Faith(who was totally here the entire time :P) and protect with goop thrower against bot incursions. Double-check again that spektr is on microwave mode in case I need to shift to using that.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2015, 06:17:26 am »

"Aye aye, sir"

Stay with Thaddeus. If robots manage to break through goop wall or come from unexpected places, hold them back with force wall. If there is only one at a time, crush with mass manip.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:09:06 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2015, 01:19:20 pm »

"Alright. Let's do this!"

Pop Dex and Uncon stims. Dash into the computer room, butcher any hostile, mindlessly aggressive robotic... any hostile non-ARM robots along the way. Refrain from damaging or endangering the computer itself at all costs.

((EDIT: Added "hostile" kill target qualifier. We might need maintenance droids...))
You pop your stims and immediately sprint down the hall even as things are still slowing down. About halfway down it, a blast door, concealed by panels in the floor, rockets up like a reverse guillotine. You leap over it, slipping past as it slams shut. You turn the corner at the end of the hall and come to another door. You give it a few rapid taps with your kinamp and then jam your machete into the hole and hack away until it's big enough to let you in. You squeeze through and find that the computer room is a small, circular space with what appears to be a hexagonal wall of anti-fire armor in the center.  You assume the computer is behind there.

Get into the computer room and disable the robots ASAP.
Follow Faith(who was totally here the entire time :P) and protect with goop thrower against bot incursions. Double-check again that spektr is on microwave mode in case I need to shift to using that.
You get blocked off by the first door. Fuck.

Stick with Thaddeus like the goop from our goop throwers and do exactly what he does.
"Faith is leading into the computer with Yancy and Mesk. Dubley and Pan with me to keep the robots away. We'll retreat into the main computer if need be. Use your grenades to seal us in if it gets to that."

Keep gooping. Reload when needed. Scan area with cam-eyes. Toss a grenade if need be, and retreat into the main computer hallway if need be. Don't forget to use the shield.

Take a Con and Dex stim if it looks like they are going to break through.

If they break through and gooping isn't slowing them down enough, use the Spektr set to microwave mode.

"Aye aye, sir"

Stay with Thaddeus. If robots manage to break through goop wall or come from unexpected places, hold them back with force wall. If there is only one at a time, crush with mass manip.

The bad news is that the robots have sliced their way in through the hull a bit past the data room.

The good news is that between the three of you, you manage to goop that direction too, and to keep the walls that you already created intact.

The bad news is that the goop sprayers are now empty. And Nav and Ren have gone through the majority of their backup canisters as well.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »

"Motherfucker! Commander, Mesk and I have been cut off from Faith by a blast door. Orders?"
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2015, 01:35:27 pm »

"I...fuck, that wasn't expected. Uh...let's see. Pan, you go and open the doors for them. Yancy, come back here and help us. We're gonna retreat back into this hallway and seal ourselves in. Faith, see if you can open the fire door. Carefully."

Retreat into the main computer hallway, seal ourselves in with goop grenades. Use the rest of the goop to reinforce the wall and then switch to the Spektr. Let Yancy help us, don't use the Spektr until I absolutely have to. Take the Con stim if need be.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »

"roger that, one gatecrasher coming up"

Go to the blastdoor. use microwave amp and to heat up a large area on the metal and then use mass amp to tear open a hole thorugh the softer metal in the door.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2015, 04:16:57 pm »

"Hey Yancy? Give Dubley your reload. That way we'll have two of us still throwing out goop."
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »

"Roger, commander!"

Meet up with Thad, toss Dubley my goop reload and prepare to barricade the computer room!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2015, 07:39:20 pm »

"Understood. Carefully opening delicate package."

Gently convince the computer that everything is fine and it should open its fire doors now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:24:01 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »

Gently convince the computer that everything is fine and it should open its fire doors now.

((...Speech isn't a skill anymore is it? That's a shame. You have great speech rolls.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

What do you mean by this, exactly?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »

Goop goop. Microwave when out of goop.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20