Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31814 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »

"I only caught the movement-it seemed like debris or something spraying out into the hall past the data storage door, but I could be wrong. Stay alert!"

Be prepared for anything, and be ready to goop the first thing that attempts to kill us.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 08:11:34 am »

"Yell if you're getting horrible murdered"

Proceed to main computer room. Cameyes to look around for hidden creepy crawlies and such.  Use mass amp to hold and disable hostiles, being careful not to damage the computer.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 11:32:47 am »

U_P you're not unconscious you know. You were just shocked into inactivity.
And Mesk is just napping.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »

"Oh those robots are gonna be the least of your concerns if i dont get a damn good explanation as to why the fuck i just got electrocuted for trying to open the door leading to the mission objective upon which the survival of every dipshit and jerkwad on the planet below resides."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:28:12 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 02:57:14 pm »

"Auron, shut up and fall in to clear the computer room. You got shocked because you didn't follow your orders, and that's that. We don't have time for this right now, we can discuss the finer details of what happened after we disable the killbots."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 03:11:44 pm »

Thaddeus looked Auron, to Pan, and then back to Auron. He holds up a finger to Pan, before he speaks, his voice slowly rising in volume and intensity:  "No no, hang on. He wants an explanation? I'll give him one for his hissy fit. Let me put it this way, if we fuck this up, I get to strap my ass into the pilots seat and take this down to the haebi below, so that the ground teams have a chance to get off planet. THAT'S how important this mission is. We have several sets of eyes on us, so I didn't shock you, Steve probably did. I would of warned you. Probably. As of right now, my word is law. If Steve, or hell, Milno radio us and tell us to do something different, and I disobey? I get my ass shocked and dropped. Now stack up, and do your god damn job that you're here for, cutting up robots. And if you even THINK of threatening me again? I will shock you unconscious, and shove your ass out the airlock to the planet below. Is that fucking understood?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:42:15 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 05:44:34 pm »

"Pancaek, shut the fuck up. you are both complety wrong and not part of this conversation.
My orders were to stay in the hall with the shitbird over there, well news flash asshole the door is in the fucking hall.

And you, you little fucking fart gargler."
says Auron turning to thaddeus. "Your word aint fucking worth shit as of now let alone being the law.

You say want to complete this mission quickly without putting you pansy ass feet on the planet below? Then heres whats gonna happen.
Instead of electrocuting me for no logical reason so that mesk can slowly butcher the doors you are gonna get on the line with steve and your gonna revoke whatever bullshit restrictions put on me, youre gonna let me do my fucking job and your gonna do it RIGHT. FUCKING. NOW. Because im sure as hell not going anywhere near those killbots while these retarded restrictions are in place.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »

"Ah, yes. I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here. It seems like you've been told that you are the team leader here. That you get to decide things.

Unfortunately, you're not. So you either do as thaddeus says without question or you're officially a liability to the mission. That's all there is to say about this, really."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

"Ah. That's a threat I believe. No way around this then. Just remember, this could of been avoided." Thaddeus says with a solemn look on his face.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2015, 06:26:44 pm »

"tge only threat here is your fucking stupidity, and if im such a fucking liability that i apparently need all these bullshit restrictions that will only serve to get me killed then you shouldnt have invited me along in the first place.

So whats it gonna be assholes? You gonna let me do my job or am i gonna go back to the drop ship and laugh as i watch you get yourselves and everyone on planet killed?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 09:41:49 pm »

"tge only threat here is your fucking stupidity, and if im such a fucking liability that i apparently need all these bullshit restrictions that will only serve to get me killed then you shouldnt have invited me along in the first place.

So whats it gonna be assholes? You gonna let me do my job or am i gonna go back to the drop ship and laugh as i watch you get yourselves and everyone on planet killed?"

>Apologies, but I'm getting messages from at least half our senior staff asking me to render you comatose. Don't bite your tongue.

Auron jerks hard and goes limp, still standing thanks to the zero g and his boots.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 10:08:00 pm »

Thaddeus hangs his head and sighs before looking up at everyone else "I'm sorry about that everyone, that shouldn't of been necessary. And now we're down one for the rest of the mission. Hmm...maybe. Mesk, do you think it would be possible to remote pilot his body? Or just his maneuvering pack? Pop out his braincase and stash it someplace safe. If you can pilot it, send him around the corner to check really quick."

Reposting and editing turn:
Keep gooping. Reload when needed. Scan area with cam-eyes.

Take a Con and Dex stim if it looks like they are going to break through.

If they break through and gooping isn't slowing them down enough, use the Spektr set to microwave mode.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:08:50 pm by renegadelobster »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 12:40:11 am »

"Hmm.  Sure.  Just stick his head around the corner for a peek?"
Pop out Auron's brain, try and get remote access for his body.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 12:41:28 am »

((Hang on, retcon incoming))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 01:03:21 am »

"Faith is leading into the computer with Yancy and Mesk. Dubley and Pan with me to keep the robots away. We'll retreat into the main computer if need be. Use your grenades to seal us in if it gets to that."

Keep gooping. Reload when needed. Scan area with cam-eyes. Toss a grenade if need be, and retreat into the main computer hallway if need be. Don't forget to use the shield.

Take a Con and Dex stim if it looks like they are going to break through.

If they break through and gooping isn't slowing them down enough, use the Spektr set to microwave mode.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:30:00 am by renegadelobster »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20