Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31781 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 03:39:15 pm »

"What the fuck?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2015, 03:53:02 pm »

"Guess we're gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. Shouldn't be too difficult with Auron's mono machete."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »

"Hmm. Maybe. Could have Pan punch a hole, and we toss in two goop grenades. Do that at either end of the hallway to the main computer and then just deal with whatever is left down there
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 08:57:59 pm »

"I've got a cutting torch.  Dunno if it'll cut through this, though."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 09:32:30 pm »

"Oh, I'm sure it will. That's what the hull opener was using. I just don't want another one of those robots to go through us. I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise it's looking like having Pan punch a couple of holes through, followed by grenades to block off the main computer and attached hallway."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »

"Actually, fuck all of that. We're going to just brute force our way in. Pan, could you pop your stim and just fucking burn through the hull and anything thing that gets in your way? The rest of us will follow you and goop and chop up anything that gets past you. So, everyone? Pop your stims and get ready. Make sure to toss your grenades to seal off the way to robot storage and engineering. Goop anything that survives Pan. Auron, Mesk, and Yancy bum rush to the computer. The rest of us will stay at the front part of the junction to the main computer. "

Wait for Pan to go through, and have my shield ready.

If the resistance is high pop a Con stim.

Toss both of my goop grenades towards robot storage and goop any robot left still functioning. Move towards the main computer, stopping at the front part of the junction to the main computer. We'll clear up any messes later.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:34:54 am by renegadelobster »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 10:23:44 pm »

"That's my kind of plan!"

When the ship is opened use my goop grenade to seal off engineering. Then goop anything hostile and hold the line.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:48:09 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 11:06:39 pm »

"Heh, now we're talking!"

Pop con stim, goop anything that poses a threat(that the others don't get) and blitz with the rest of the team.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 02:22:17 am »

Bum rush the computer once tge hull is open, if noone opens the hull use my machete to open it.

Stay behind pan when he is amping.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:30 am »

((Unless anyone can give me some better ideas.))

Step 1: chomp exo pill and activate stealthskin

Step 2: Use mass amp to tear out an at least man sized piece of hull somewhere a ways off from where the cutter was, fling it out into space so it can't hit another part of the ship.

Step 3: lead team into hole, use mass amp to hold and crush robutts like soda cans, starting with the closest one I can see. Don't forget to look both ways

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:49 am »

(Works for me!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2015, 12:38:05 am »

((Unless anyone can give me some better ideas.))

Step 1: chomp exo pill and activate stealthskin

Step 2: Use mass amp to tear out an at least man sized piece of hull somewhere a ways off from where the cutter was, fling it out into space so it can't hit another part of the ship.

Step 3: lead team into hole, use mass amp to hold and crush robutts like soda cans, starting with the closest one I can see. Don't forget to look both ways

You swallow your exo pill and feel very strange. You sort of feel not quite yourself. These tree like limbs with their branching finger things all seem strangely alien.

You walk a few feet over from the first hole and crack your knuckles, your skin shimmering as it fades and blends into the black of space. You hold both hands out, pointing your palms down at the hull.  The world around you seems to boil, a heat haze without heat, and the hull flexes slightly. Thin seams appear beneath your feet, spreading out to form a circular hole made up of 16 thin sliced triangular pieces. The metal spikes tear themselves free and float up to orbit around you, spinning rapidly like blender blades. You drift down into the ship, a glimmer flanked by whirring knives. You don't see much of the robots: semi-humanoid looking things with thin fingers like jointed ice picks and a bobbling fly eye of cameras for a head. You cut them apart with the blades and push their shredded bodies back down the hall, blocking the tide of new bots. 

"Actually, fuck all of that. We're going to just brute force our way in. Pan, could you pop your stim and just fucking burn through the hull and anything thing that gets in your way? The rest of us will follow you and goop and chop up anything that gets past you. So, everyone? Pop your stims and get ready. Make sure to toss your grenades to seal off the way to robot storage and engineering. Goop anything that survives Pan. Auron, Mesk, and Yancy bum rush to the computer. The rest of us will stay at the front part of the junction to the main computer. "

Wait for Pan to go through, and have my shield ready.

If the resistance is high pop a Con stim.

Toss both of my goop grenades towards robot storage and goop any robot left still functioning. Move towards the main computer, stopping at the front part of the junction to the main computer. We'll clear up any messes later.

You follow Pancaek in, tossing your primed grenade as you pull yourself through the hole and flip onto the floor, your boots attaching you to the surface. The grenade detonates silently and the expanding foam envelops the rapidly moving metal forms.

There's a door sealing the hall to the main computer room.

"That's my kind of plan!"

When the ship is opened use my goop grenade to seal off engineering. Then goop anything hostile and hold the line.
You float down into the hall and huck your grenade into engineering. It seals the door with a wall of expanding foam.

"Heh, now we're talking!"

Pop con stim, goop anything that poses a threat(that the others don't get) and blitz with the rest of the team.
You hold off on your pill and instead simply float down into the hall and spray a layer of goop over the already solidifying layer that the team leader put up.

Bum rush the computer once tge hull is open, if noone opens the hull use my machete to open it.

Stay behind pan when he is amping.

You get in, but there's a door in your way.

The hardened goo wall holds, but you can all feel the clattering of metal feet on the hall and see the embedded metal limbs struggling to free themselves.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 01:03:05 am »

"Holy shit I can't believe that worked. Anyways, Dubley, Auron, stay with me. Pan go with the other two and help them take out anything that gets in their way. After the main computer is cleared, come back here. The rest of you, see if you can hack the door, or cut through it and take care of the computer. Dubs? Help me seal up the hole we made, I dont want any surprises coming through for us. "

If it looks like the goop is starting to break down from the robots at all, goop them all again.

Take the con stim if it looks like I will need it.

With Dubley's help, seal up the hole we made.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:46:45 am by renegadelobster »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 03:00:43 am »

Cover team hacking door to computer against hostile robots with goop thrower, using the small time we have between attacks to check that specktr is on wide dispersion microwave as a backup.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:09:46 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 05:33:10 am »

hack door to gain entry, if that failt break door to gain entry.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:10:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20