Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31797 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »

"Stay together and move quick. Let's not give this ship anytime to react to us."

Head out, as a group, towards the ship. Using the map of the ship, and my cam-eyes, go to a spot more towards the main computer than the robot storage, lining up on the hallway with robot storage to the front and the main computer behind us.
You may want to point out exactly where that is on the map. Because, if it is where I think it is, you're gonna have to maneuver through the Sensor array struts and area there, which will be somewhat difficult to do in a speedy manner.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 02:30:56 pm »

I...hmm. Would it be possible to land farther away and walk there with mag boots?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

I...hmm. Would it be possible to land farther away and walk there with mag boots?
You could land anywhere on the thing and walk anywhere else on the hull, yes. Just make sure to mark on the map where you want to do it and post it here so we don't have any misunderstandings.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

I was thinking about where the black dot is on the hallway. Sorry about image quality, doing this off of my phone.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 03:43:50 pm »

I was thinking about where the black dot is on the hallway. Sorry about image quality, doing this off of my phone.

Ah, the cheating way.

Sure, fine. Your funeral

You all land on the hull and attach your mag boots to the metal. The ship has already started maneuvering to try and get away from you, secondary thrusters on it's sides firing off small jets of flame, but it's a meaningless effort now that you've gotten hold.

Time to get to work.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

((I'm worried about that funeral bit, but ok.))

"Alright team, no turning back now. Time to do this. I'll enter first with the shield and start gooping the hallway shut. Auron, come in behind me and take apart any thing that gets near with your machete. Pan, stealth and come in pushing them back. Dubley, make sure to watch the back part of the hallway for stragglers and make sure it's clear. Mesk, you enter with Yancy and head straight for the computer. Auron, go with them in case they need melee help. Everyone take your skill stims. Let's go! "

Set up the hull opener, have whoever has the highest skill in operating it do so. Make sure the fancy shield is in one hand the goop throwers in the other.

If it looks like it's needed, pop a Con stim and Dex stim. 

Enter, gooping the hallway towards robot storage shut, and anything that tries to get past.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:15:35 am by renegadelobster »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:30 pm »

"Alright team, no turning back now. Time to do this. I'll enter first with the shield and start gooping the hallway shut. Auron, come in behind me and take apart any thing that gets near with your machete. Pan, stealth and come in pushing them back. Dubley, make sure to watch the back part of the hallway for stragglers and make sure it's clear. Mesk, you enter with Yancy and head straight for the computer. Auron, go with them in case they need melee help. Everyone take your skill stims. Let's go! "

Set up the hull opener, have whoever has the highest skill in operating it do so. Make sure the fancy shield is in one hand the goop throwers in the other. Pop a Con stim and enter, gooping the hallway towards robot storage shut, and anything that tries to get past.

"Affirmative, Commander!"

Pop Con stim, then blitz towards the computer room, goop thrower ready to immobilize any enemy bots.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »

Follow lobster in and protect him from robots with my machete.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 09:43:40 pm »

Ready goop thrower.  Watch the back part of the hallway and make sure its clear. Be competent and follow the mission plan to the letter. Pop a con stim if I have to goop any robobots.

Volunteer to use the hull opener.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:10:33 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 11:15:01 pm »

"On it."
Head for the computers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:45:41 pm by Remalle »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:05 am »

Activate stealthskin and follow team leader inside. Scan for robutts with cameyes. Push them back with mass amp if they get close. If none are close, crush a far away one with mass amp like a soda can.

IF robutts start to overwhelm us 2-to-1 or more, pop exo stim and crush them all like soda cans with amps.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:38:22 pm by Pancaek »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 10:47:03 am »

((You might want to make stim-eating conditional to it being useful since Piecewise mentioned over IRC the new stims' duration will probably be one turn.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 11:52:44 am »

((I'll just see how this +4 exo works out first then))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 12:17:55 pm »

((Maybe keep the stim-using, but as a conditional action and also add a slightly more daring/powerful conditional action in case you do have to use the stim. You know, to make use of the boost in case it does happen. Judging from my experiences so far, a [1] can still fuck up pretty bad even if it's from a Master. And that's enough OOC from me.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 03:30:40 pm »

Set up the hull opener, have whoever has the highest skill in operating it do so. Make sure the fancy shield is in one hand the goop throwers in the other.

If it looks like it's needed, pop a Con stim and Dex stim. 

Enter, gooping the hallway towards robot storage shut, and anything that tries to get past.

Auron sets up the cutter, pushing the adhesive pads in place and starting the laser on it's track. The invisible beam cuts into the metal and begins curving around the circular metal frame. It gets about 60 degrees or so around the frame before the frame suddenly jerks violently, half of it pulling free of the hull. The circular frame has been split in half on the lifted end, and the sides of it are wobbling freely. The laser, and a good chunk of the track, is gone. In the area under where they were, is a ragged hole the size of your fist.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20