Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptic Survival SG Interest Check/OOC Thread  (Read 2554 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptic Survival SG Interest Check/OOC Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 10:15:46 am »

Human, huh? Meet Kira

Name: Kira, De La Boratory 7.
Optional Alignment Choice.: opt out.
Title: The Kira. I mean, yes, also "Kontessa De La Boratory 7", but everyone except Steve is one of those.
Group Name: House De La Boratory 7.
Group Location: Spain, specifically in a Genetics Lab.
Gender: It's.. Actually pretty hard to tell. Ambiguous even. People tend to just assume female because of the name, and Kira doesn't correct them either way, finds it amusing even.
Group Race: Kira, as with most of his group are "Kitsune". Kira also has no idea how that happened so don't ask about it. Gives weird thoughts involving some large bearded person with a white coat.
Appearance: An ambiguously gendered person with fairly long bright orange hair, two pointed fox ears, and a fluffy fox tail. Tends to wear baggy clothing because it's comfy. This further confuses the gendering.
Flavor Text: Kira tends to be playful, outgoing, and manipulative. Although the manipulation normally is directed towards people he/she dislikes. Kiri operates on an orange and blue morality system. If someone does something harmful to him/her or a friend, it's replayed in kind. An eye for an eye may make the world blind, but an eye for two eyes leaves one eye behind. And in a world of the blind. The one eyed one is king.
Back-story: Kira was the first one to wake up in the cloning vat. Therefore a few extra minutes of experience being sapient. The reason the few humans in the group follow is because it's safer to hide behind a small horde of fox people that can shoot colored acid and electricity at things that annoy them. Kira's foxacid is purple with a hint of orange by the way.
Former Profession: Being a literal fox? Human? Electric eel? A little of everything.  Foxacid, shapeshifting, and illusions are the staple of Kitsune. These ones aren't old enough to have actual skills.
Former Hobbies: Digging? Chasing other foxes?  Sneaking out of the compound occasionally? These buggers have literally no skills outside of awesome genetic abilities. Maybe stealth and hunting, but they would have to be in foxform for that.
Inventory: A supply of food? Kira thinks it's food, Kira can't think of why the foxes would have other stuff.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 10:52:31 am »

You missed a few i's in there.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

Human, huh? Meet Kira

Name: Kira, De La Boratory 7.
Optional Alignment Choice.: opt out.
Title: The Kira. I mean, yes, also "Kontessa De La Boratory 7", but everyone except Steve is one of those.
Group Name: House De La Boratory 7.
Group Location: Spain, specifically in a Genetics Lab.
Gender: It's.. Actually pretty hard to tell. Ambiguous even. People tend to just assume female because of the name, and Kira doesn't correct them either way, finds it amusing even.
Group Race: Kira, as with most of his group are "Kitsune". Kira also has no idea how that happened so don't ask about it. Gives weird thoughts involving some large bearded person with a white coat.
Appearance: An ambiguously gendered person with fairly long bright orange hair, two pointed fox ears, and a fluffy fox tail. Tends to wear baggy clothing because it's comfy. This further confuses the gendering.
Flavor Text: Kira tends to be playful, outgoing, and manipulative. Although the manipulation normally is directed towards people he/she dislikes. Kiri operates on an orange and blue morality system. If someone does something harmful to him/her or a friend, it's replayed in kind. An eye for an eye may make the world blind, but an eye for two eyes leaves one eye behind. And in a world of the blind. The one eyed one is king.
Back-story: Kira was the first one to wake up in the cloning vat. Therefore a few extra minutes of experience being sapient. The reason the few humans in the group follow is because it's safer to hide behind a small horde of fox people that can shoot colored acid and electricity at things that annoy them. Kira's foxacid is purple with a hint of orange by the way.
Former Profession: Being a literal fox? Human? Electric eel? A little of everything.  Foxacid, shapeshifting, and illusions are the staple of Kitsune. These ones aren't old enough to have actual skills.
Former Hobbies: Digging? Chasing other foxes?  Sneaking out of the compound occasionally? These buggers have literally no skills outside of awesome genetic abilities. Maybe stealth and hunting, but they would have to be in foxform for that.
Inventory: A supply of food? Kira thinks it's food, Kira can't think of why the foxes would have other stuff.

Hmm, Fair enough. Lemme do some quick Die Rolls.....

Roughly 30 Minutes Later...
[/i]

In Spain, A Strange plague occurred, Turning ordinary human corpses into living cannibalistic zombies! Fortunately, though, they posses almost no intelligence or ability to reason, making them very easy to outsmart. Some, However, are capable of wielding basic melee weapons, such as wooden sticks, rocks, and whatever else is on hand, such as body parts, rusted pipes and so on. These "Living Dead" have Nearly Three Times the Strength of a living human, and seem to heal from wounds that would kill  a mortal man within only hours. Their Bites and Scratches don't convert living humans into them but can still spread infections. Only dead humans will change upon being scratched or bitten, and this process takes roughly an hour and can be avoided by simply burning or decapitating the corpse. At this point, The Dead outnumber the humans roughly 2-1 and have overrun most major Metropolitan Areas. They seem to be nocturnal.

The Weather has been acting very strangely, with massive hailstorms and acid rain occurring almost as often as normal rain. The Living Dead seem to be immune to the Acid but prefer to avoid the hail, as chunks of ice falling from the sky are often lethal.

Meanwhile, Radical Pastafarianism has been growing Very Fast in the wake of all of the chaos. The Pastafarians seem to believe that the Current Situation is a punishment from the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster. They wish to set up a Fundamentalist Government, dedicated to purging the Living Dead. As Proof of their Religion, a few of their High-Ranking Clergy have been preforming "Miracles" Involving Portals, Eldritch Tentacles, and Manipulating the Laws of Matter to a small extent. They number nearly 5 Million and have Taken over Madrid, and renamed it HendersonVille,claiming it to be a "Holy City". They also have access to Quite a Lot of Military Hardware and Equipment.

Oh, and most Electronic Devices have stopped working, and the remaining ones are breaking down very frequently.

Rumors persist of Giant Insects along the French Border, But it's known for a fact that large numbers of Man-Eating Locusts have been swarming from the east and are a Large Threat to those living along the Border.

Do you wish to Embark here?

Also, Please define the Genetic Kitsune Abilities more clearly, I'd appreciate it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 11:27:05 pm »

Kitsune are known for their foxfire, illusion magic, reality bending, shapeshifting, and when in spirit form their ability to possess things. Odds are is due to these ones being rather young they would have very basic foxfire and none of the other abilities. Foxfire is more or less cold fire that the Kitsune can make burning hot or turn into electricity. Normally shapeshifting to fox specifically and basic illusions come next. Reality bending isn't something that happens till threetails normally. And that can take anywhere from decades to centuries. Other abilities grow over time. Shapeshifting eventually covers any form wanted. Foxfire and Illusion eventually get OP as shit around nine tails, which can take millennia or longer to reach.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:38 am »

I just saw this thread (didn't before because of the lock, I guess) and now I'm sad I didn't get to prevent Kevak's furry fetish from taking root. Damn it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:57 am »

Ain't a furry fetish. Full furry would be vaguely horrifying. Think human with fox ears and a tail.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:42 am »

Crap, yeah, I actually meant to write "kitsune fetish" but while writing it my brain stuffed up. But anyway, it was just a joke. :P 420blazeit!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

I just saw this thread (didn't before because of the lock, I guess) and now I'm sad I didn't get to prevent Kevak's furry fetish from taking root. Damn it.

It's not set in stone yet, I'll be accepting alternate character sheets for the next 2 days. Also, They were genetically engineered, Not magically created. So no Magical Powers to begin with.
Pages: 1 [2]