Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tenacious D(warves) and the Pick(stood) of Destiny - A community game  (Read 1457 times)

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So! New Community game. Hopefully this picks up traction as I feel this could be good.

No above water, no trees, no fun.

-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=-+=

I have six lucky Dwarves that need names.
You want a specific job/sex, put it in your post, although sometimes this can't be done and everything can't be accomplished

Name:
Sex:
Job:

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tenacious D(warves) and the Pick(stood) of Destiny - A community game
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 11:22:53 am »

Alright! Here are all our dwarfy friends:

Thob is a proficient miner and a novice engraver, nothing too special

Olin is another proficient miner who is a novice carpenter (hah!)

Ducim is the medical dwarf, who also ironically carves bones. Also he is the jeweler for the great riches that beset them.

Ilral is essentially our craftsman of almost everything important, this includes metalsmith and varients, crafter and some misc things.

Ablel is a farmer, with both brewing and cooking under her belt, on the side she is a mechanic as well.

Dastot is our hunter, leatherworking dwarf, wielding a crossbow.

Then there is our expedition leader dwarf, Noodles. A minder, mason and engraver, this dwarf also taken the job of leading these dwarfs to death glory!

Pick and choose, once I feel we have enough to start we can, if you wish to choose that what we have for equipment is inadequate, then speak up!

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:56:58 am »

An unforseen crash has ridden the dwarves, so we got most of the same jobs, just that personalities are changed around. :^(

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 12:14:07 pm »

ALRIGHT here are the new dwarfs, I am naming mine and a friends and we will get started!
Jobs are almost the same.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »

Noodles Journal, 12th of Granite

Just today I found a Journal on a dead dwarf out in the open. I grabbed it and we carried on, I haven't read his stuff because I am respecting the dead's privacy. I guess I will write what we are doing in this Journal in the meantime as the days are long on the journey.

We saw a couple of things that are not parallel with the map we have. I think the man who sold that to us was lying when he said it was a top quality map dirt cheap. Bastard.

Noodles Journal, 13th of Granite

We found out where we are on the map today. We are close to our destination! Only problem is there is a huge desert in our path. I mentioned going around the desert in order to get to our destination, Luke took stock and said we would run out of booze and food. I can't go a day without my precious booze. TOWARDS THE DESERT WE GO.

Noodles Journal, 14th of granite

I guess earlier I should have elaborated on where we were heading to begin with. One of the Nobles of our fortress wanted to expand out westward, so he set our destination to a generally pleasant area with lots of trees and lovely mountains. Personally I think it was his attempt to deal with the recent overpopulation of the fortress. Damn Nobles.

Noodles Journal, 15th of granite

On our long trek through the barren desert, we stopped suddenly. Luke took a look and saw we have out wheels stuck in the sand, and that it would take more than a day to fix everything. Well, I don't think I can stand another day out in the heat without knowing there is progress. Sand. Sand everywhere. Oh Armok, why is there so much bloody sand? The only thing I think we can dig into is the side of a hill nearby.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 01:08:47 pm »

Noodles Journal, 15th of Granite cont.

The only thing interesting that I see is some camels, and that is it. Not even kidding, this is place is barren. I don't see water up here so it looks like we are on our own.

Noodles Journal, 19th of Granite

Looks like we are in this for the long run. Luke has determined we can't get the cart moving, and the bunker in the ground that has been dug is the only salvation from the sun right now. Looks like we should move everything downstairs. Will draw a sketch of the place so far.

It isn't much but we don't have much else of a choice. Although I was looking at those camels in the distance, and I wonder how camel blood tastes like. I know we have enough alcohol for a while, but ya got to think ahead.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 01:30:15 pm »

Noodles Journal, 28th of granite

We hit water! it may or may not be an aquifer in our way of stone, but nonetheless, water is always nice. So During this time we have spent digging out places for sleep, storage, a workshop or two and a farm, who knows how long it will last though. I am unsure how to get by this aquifer as it is very close to the surface. I will spend some time to think, any dwarven suggestions are nice.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 01:44:54 pm »

Noodles Journal, 2nd of Slate

Today Litast took apart the wagon, so the only thing showing out presence is a small hole in the middle of the desert. Lovely. We started using our limited wood to make beds, would use stone for everything else if there wasn't a large amount of underground water in the way. The only time I don't really want water in this wasteland.

In other news, there is some ravens flying around the fortress, giant no less. I really hope another foolish caravan comes passing by so we can hitch a ride. In the meantime I guess this is our fortress technically so I called it pickstood, the most barren of fortress locations!

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 05:13:44 pm »

Noodles Journal, 5th of Malachite

It has been a while since my last entry, so I should take note of new things here.
So we got through the first level, with the first implying that there is more than one. If this goes for longer than this floor, I will have to stab a camel.
Summer is hell, might as well be as hot as it. But for some reason we got immigrants in this place. How did they even find this. If I wasn't dealing with the aquifer I would look more into this

We got a child too, WHO BRINGS CHILDREN TO A BARREN DESERT. Bah, doesn't matter, except for the extra mouths to feed.

In other news we wasted half our wood on the aquifer in order to patch it. Do we even have enough to go further? If we don't get this we won't have anything we can sell to the caravan for more of the stuff.
Typical day in Pickstood: dying from heat on the surface, drowning under the surface. Fun for the whole family now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

PTW, good luck man. I sense potential in this sandy butthole in the ground and would like a melee dorf when you get around to setting up a melee unit. Sword preferably.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:17 pm »

Noodles Journal, 25th of Limestone

So we finished up with the upper part of the aquifer and we get the dwarven traders! Not the most preferable time but nothing really is now, is it. So the liaison asks what we need and he is blown back by the scream of "WOOD!" Might have overdone it a bit. I get up to our shoddy trading post made out of our precious wood and I buy a short sword, lots of food, some milk, and some cages. Nothing special, just enough to wait out for the wood we are missing out on. One of our many failures attempts at breaching the aquifer is being used as our water hole, as there is water still coming from it and it just seems to be falling down into the next floor. Strangely enough, Dwarves are complaining about the water disappearing, even though it is just water moving. I think the Desert is getting to em'. In brighter news, a fellow by the name Sol came up to me and notified me that our dogs have given birth to two puppies and we now have two kittens.

The lad then sadly reported that two of our bigger animals starved, a Yak cow and a camel. Less of a problem for us I guess. Another thing of note is that while I was going to the pool of water, that there was a dwarf fishing there. Indoors. From an aquifer. It seems the lads are going insane. Hopefully by the end of next month we can pierce stone with our picks.

95noodles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

Due to a corrupted save game file :^( the map was lost, I will start again of course and add all who requested a dwarf, and job too. I'll start playing today and add updates tomorrow. Sorry about this!
*Note: Will still be in a river less desert.