Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 97107 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #1845 on: May 16, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »

~~Allies Turn!~~

The blue-haired Prince passed Kerr, giving him, however, a lengthy and curious stare.

~~Player Turn 4~~

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: May 16, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »

11-19

"So. Prince Alonse was it? Seems like you probably could have thought this whole plan through a little better. I mean, if it was just the four of you, you'd kinda be screwed, you know what I mean?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 16, 2016, 01:52:34 pm »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: May 16, 2016, 01:53:59 pm »

"I have trust in my soldiers. And I believe in my own skills, too. Pardon my earlier staring, I just only now noticed your handsome, if strangely colored, hair, mister."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 16, 2016, 01:57:44 pm »

Kerr had started to respond but it quickly dissolved into a few (likely fake) coughs before he shook himself.

"Hand... handsome. Err. Yeah, it's magical. Lost a bet. Oh, err, my name is Kerr. Since you haven't gotten most of our names. And I suppose you might be able to do it by yourselves but still. If you're the rightful ruler, it seems like you'd want to make sure that you were doing everything to make sure your people were better off. Still, I suppose our prince would have likely done the same, so."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 16, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »

"Do not worry, I follow the Valonian school of thought. Empathy and mercy towards others, compassion for one's slaves and subjects, and so on. Except, of course, traitors." He pointed his trident at the skeletons further on.

"Kerr sounds... strong. A strong name for a strong man, I guess."
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 16, 2016, 02:12:30 pm »

"Ah, uhm..."

Kerr stared at the ground for a few seconds, getting himself under control before looking back up at the prince. Though he had just met the man, he couldn't deny that he was attractive and the compliments were unexpected. Still... focusing on the battle ahead was more important. For now.

"Thank you for the compliment, though I'm sure that you are more skilled than I. Though I must say, I can't say I've seen anyone fight with a lance of that type before. Is it a common type of weapon here?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 16, 2016, 02:17:33 pm »

"Ah yes. It has a long tradition, from the times when cruder tridents were used by fishermen who swam in the depths of the seas and hunted blackfish, sea drakes and such beasts for meat for their families. They still do that, of course, but the tool itself became a symbol of our nation and weapon of most of the army." The Prince thought for a moment.

"Mayhaps later on I would let you hold it. Or I could ask the smiths to get you one."
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 16, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »

"Well if you think I could handle it..."

He trailed off for a few seconds and then continued,

"I would certainly be interested in gaining a new weapon. Though I might ask for a few pointers on how best to use it, since it does seem to need a slightly different technique than the weapons I'm used to using."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:21 pm »

"A strong grip and quick movements are the basics of handling a trident. I'm not sure that in the days that will follow this... uprising... I will have the time to personally teach you, but I would be honored, Kerr."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:26:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 16, 2016, 02:26:38 pm »

"Hmm, true. And likely our group will need to leave soon after the completion of our task. Still... if we get the chance, it would be interesting to say the least."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 16, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »

"I wouldn't mind having your group as honored guests for some time. I will talk with your Princesses later on, mayhaps something could be arranged."

"You also have a nice earring, by the way. Not as splendorous as some of jewellery that Companions are allowed to wear, but still a pretty sight..." Prince Alonse glanced at someone with dark robe and green hair who was nearby.

"Hmm. Are you allright, mister...? You seem to be sweating. Are you short on breath?"
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 16, 2016, 02:41:21 pm »

"I would hope that we could perhaps rest a little. Our situation is... tense, but taking a break would be good for us I think. Hmm? Oh, thank you. It was a present from an admirer. I think I broke her heart when i turned her down but... it's a nice earring. Though nowhere near as fancy as yours, which is quiet impressive. Who are the Companions? I wouldn't want to accidentally be mistaken for something I'm not after all."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 16, 2016, 02:52:17 pm »

"Oh, you see, those who follow the School of Valonia believe that there's no stronger bond than that between two men. Companion is a male very close to another, and the two share meals, struggles and bed together. While the Man takes a Wife so that she can give him children and watch over his house when he is on a military campaign, the Companion carries his shield and fights alongside him on the field, and of course provides company during rest. But the Man has to give equal love to both his Wife and his Companion, which is tricky and somewhat expensive. The whole affair can become very complex, too; some Companions marry the daughters of their beloved to remain in the family, or inherit their households if the beloved does not have a heir. On other hand, if jealousy or lack of attention enters this relationship, it might end in broken heart, or a divorce, or worse, even murders..." Prince Alonse let out a hum.

"I assume there's nothing like that in your world, considering your question? The topic is very broad, I've barely covered the basics. I could explain more later on, when we're done here. Or I could just give you illustrated scrolls on the topic for your perusal."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:53:51 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 16, 2016, 02:59:06 pm »

Kerr blinked, staring at the prince. He opened his mouth as if to say something and then shut it. He blinked again and then finally was able to say something approaching meaningful words,

"Ah. Uhm. No. That is... no. It's not something... Seems like it would be difficult... Hmm. I... yes, hearing more about it would be interesting. Do all men follow this here? Err, of those who follow... Valonia?"

He hoped he was getting that name right, as he was still feeling slightly poleaxed.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 149