Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 97133 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #1755 on: May 01, 2016, 10:17:38 pm »

A blush crept its way onto Irios' face.

"Here?" He looked around the room. "Now?" He absent-mindedly pulled on his cloak until he finally up and took it off.

"We... won't have a lot of time, you know."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 01, 2016, 10:18:53 pm »

Noel got out his journal and turned to a blank page.

"Oh, really? While I am sorry about your eyes, I would like to hear more about these replacements and this process you mentioned. Developing such a method on your own is thoroughly impressive."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 01, 2016, 10:48:28 pm »

: "The replacements are merely shaped steel, however internally they possess a number of conical structures with inlaid etchings made with magic implements- similar to those found in most tomes. The resulting feedback is fed into the same inputs my eyes did. The sense is unique, certainly, but not particularly powerful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they also had particularly suboptimal eyesight to begin with."
: "Though, that uniqueness does lend itself well to discerning magical flow. It takes plenty of practice, but if you are able to cast at a certain frequency, any sort of excess magic will linger in the air for a couple moments, normally indiscernible to the naked eye. The loose energies can be re-purposed from there, which with some inspiration from one of our comrades, I found can be reshaped to knit flesh. Admittedly, it was only in our last excursion that I managed to re-purpose it to practical effect, sealing a couple scratches. But I know it can go further, hence why I am looking to branch out and see if any other schools can lend insight."
Chance's face flexed, making a realization.
: "Incidentally, you are... acting as a librarian for the Zorostrian royalty, correct?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 01, 2016, 11:07:14 pm »

Noel's quill flew across the page, first a sketch of Chance's face with detailed notes on his eye implants, then transcribing word for word his explanation on harnessing excess magic.

"Hmm. I imagine the time the magic lingers is less than you say, or surely such a method would have been discovered by now. Perhaps with further tweaking one could apply this to magic other than anima, which as you noted is more intuitive than intellectual. No disrespect intended; I merely meant dark requires further study to be effective. It seems to me that following anima's instinctive nature, learning how to do this is something you 'felt' how to do, and if I were to replicate it I would need to create a similar formula and tweak it for individual spells... and even then it might not be as powerful as your ability simply because I would be trying to apply a general equation to different formula..."

Chance had asked a question, and Noel answered while writing down his own thoughts and notes about possible applications in the margins.

"Yes, I am. I'm not the head librarian of course, as that is a purely Zorostrian position and so I don't have access to certain 'forbidden' materials, but I have done some work on our theories of translocational magic among other duties such as being a scribe for important royal functions. The other scholars worked out how to teleport people across the dimensions, while my work was an offshoot on how to bring something back from other dimensions. It's an unfinished theory as the only practical use so far has been to apply it to the previously mentioned spell and allow it to bring this party back to our home, but I'm still plugging away at it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 01, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »

: "I see. It is a fleeting concern but, I was hoping that none of these theories would be committed to tome until I could truly develop them. I would hardly want to be remembered as a charlatan."
Chance lifted the Fire tome from his belt and, after opening to the first page, struck the paper, generating a small shower of sparks. After the cinders dissipated into the air, the mage sighed.
: "Not that time, I suppose... It is possible that my thoughts on extending magic permanence is just conjecture, but I have noticed a greater output under certain conditions. Though, trying to commit every pattern of every casting to memory is difficult in field work. Somehow I doubt the rigors of this mission are lending much to your efforts in researching translocation either."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:34:56 pm by CrimsonEon »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 01, 2016, 11:41:08 pm »

"Oh, is that your concern? No need to worry, then. This is my personal journal; it's for my use only, and anything official I need to transcribe I do so on royal scrolls for future reference. I can keep this to myself until you want me to publish it."

"Getting back to this ability, might it be driven by necessity? That is to say, you're not under any direct threat right now, unlike during combat. Your subconscious mind doesn't siphon off the energy, because it doesn't need to; you are healthy and in no danger."

"As for my own work... yes, it is difficult. Being the subject of repeated trandimensional crossings has helped me understand it some, but I haven't really had the time to sit and work on my formulae."

"I'd be more disappointed if we didn't have so much to see and learn from each world we cross, though. Sometimes I wonder if this is what ancient explorers felt like when they crested a great mountain and saw new lands to conquer."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 02, 2016, 12:03:32 am »

: "You may be on to something, regarding the ability being reactionary to threat. The effect I am specifically mimicking is based off of an inherent ability our squadron's knight appears to have, one that specifically manifests in reaction to injury. I do not know how he is unconsciously pulling magic from his internal reservoir, but the pattern that is used to heal him is definitely replicable. Perhaps that pattern explicitly relies on existing injury."
Chance paused.
: "On the worlds we visit, though, I can agree. The worlds visited thus far have proven interesting, to say the least. To have such vast effects on magic potency on such a scale proves an innervating example to consider when thinking of what possibilities remain to be found. With that in mind, I think I can safely say I would prefer remaining assigned to this mission over returning to Kovalia in such a turbulent time."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 02, 2016, 01:23:44 am »

"I can agree there! Better to go about our more important business and let the politics sort themselves out; it's all irrelevant if we fail anyway, so no need to worry about it."

"Yes, Aurelian is a curious case. I don't believe he's the first with such an ability, but even if he isn't those people are so few and far between. Perhaps I should interview him as well, when I have the opportunity... but his brother is rather protective of him, and I've given him cause to dislike me, so I'm not sure how much progress I could make."

Chance mentioned magical potency, and Noel nodded.

"King Ethelred's dimension. The air there was unsettling. But given a universe of infinite possibilities, what do you think the chances are we'll run into a world that is - magically speaking - the opposite of his?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:14 am »

"I am not exactly blameless... I always wanted... liked to prove how strong I am, and I didn't even check on anything that General said, and... eh. You saw how it went. Still." Aliberti lifted his hand and then almost went to squeeze that of Kerr's, but hesitated, and then reached for the head, before swiftly settling on giving his friend a reassuring hug-pat on the shoulders. It was somewhat awkward manouever.

"Thanks for dropping by. I did hear that you guys are to continue the search without me?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 02, 2016, 07:35:49 am »

Kerr frowned at Ali's response but sighed and just shook his head. He did chuckle slightly at the prince's awkwardness and slipped his arm around the prince, pulling him into a side hug. It was safe here, right? No one around to spread rumors.

"Yeah, now I've got to put up with two of your sisters instead of just one. Still, could be worse I suppose. I could have to deal with all of them at once."

He gave a fake shudder.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 02, 2016, 07:42:57 am »

For the first time in a long while, Aliberti blushed at anything, and that anything was the hug. Mayhaps his defeat cracked up his confident, manly wall of stoicism. He was back to normal after the comment though.

"Pretty sure you could get Irmina to join you if you just asked... and Zalah seemed a little bored lately so I guess she could like a trip to another world. As long as you could avoid her constant wooing. Should I ask Saria to speak with the King about that?" He flashed a small grin.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:46 am »

"Oh gods, not that again. I've been avoiding her. Surely even you couldn't be so cruel. Two is more than enough. I mean, maybe if you were along to distract me but...

He cut himself off, turning slightly red himself.

"Err, anyways, we probably shouldn't be risking all of your sisters anyways. Not that we'll let then be at risk I just... You know what I mean."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 02, 2016, 07:59:26 am »

"Yeah, yeah..." Ali himself wrapped an arm around Kerr's waist.

"...been a while since we were that close. Wrestling matches excluded of course- wait, we haven't had those in months, right? ...am I not giving you enough attention, Kerr?"
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 02, 2016, 08:06:10 am »

Kerr turned bright red as the prince wrapped his arm around his waist and only got more red as Ali talked.

"Well, uhm, you've been busy. And I was busy getting my brother comfortable with the court and... and people are talking about us."

He winced, having let that last bit slip out without thinking. He hadn't meant to add more to the prince's worries and this was a dangerous area anyways.

"I... I mean... Noel said that... uhm."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 02, 2016, 08:17:39 am »

"He did?" Aliberti's cuddly self was replaced by the worrying one.

"I mean, he sticks his nose everywhere per his duties, but really... hm. Keep an eye on him. And on my sisters too, but for other reason; make sure nothing happens to them." Aliberti's hand gave Kerr's side a soft rub, before a slight tap on the door made the Prince lie back down on the bed with an almost cartoonish speed.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149