Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 97144 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #1740 on: May 01, 2016, 06:51:28 pm »

: "Heh. I suppose you could say that."

: "So! A quest for an artifact that will save the world, eh? Long odds of success, certain doom if we fail? Where do I sign up, lad?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 01, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

"Well... If you're standing here with us, I would assume you've been assigned to this whether or not you wanted to be. So in that case I suppose you're in luck."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 01, 2016, 07:03:48 pm »

: "I'm standing here, boy, because I heard that my liege was facing a rebellion, and because unlike a certain treacherous whoreson bastard I take my oaths of fealty seriously."

: "I might have been too late for that, but this other nonsense you mentioned...why, it sounds like just the thing to do in order to account for my failure. Besides which, my men are exhausted and most of them are wounded from rebel ambushes. No sense in packing them up and just riding home."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 01, 2016, 07:14:06 pm »

Noel glared up at Hildebrand, not intimidated by the man's tendency to boom or the rather large physical advantage he had over him.

"My name is Noel, heir of the noble Schoech family of Miccah, not 'boy'."

"...Regardless, if you haven't already been recruited, talk to Princess Saria or Princess Rosana about it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 01, 2016, 07:32:56 pm »

Well shit. He didn't think Noel would jump straight to that and because of that he'd walked himself right into a minefield. Granted it was an unavoidable minefield, but that was beside the point.

"What!?" Just what did you say to her, Noel!? He hesitated for a second, knowing full well he could get stabbed, before pulling her into a hug.

"You're all I have," he said after a few seconds, his tone soft. "I wouldn't leave you for anything. That will never change." It relieved him to say that to her, made him feel better about the situation as a whole.

He broke the hug and took a few steps back to address the minefield in the room.

"We talked about the Sect. Or rather, I tried to find out what he knew about it since he had such strong opinions about it. I might have mentioned they probably don't like that I swore off killing, but I don't know where he got everything else."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 01, 2016, 07:59:21 pm »

: "Miccah, Miccah...ah yes, the home of the wyverns. Never heard of the Schoech family though...something tells me you aren't a frequent participant in the tournaments."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 01, 2016, 08:11:33 pm »

Noel's hackles seemed to be down again. He rolled up his sleeve slightly to show Hildebrand a forearm that was almost entirely skin and bone, with a small amount of muscle visible when he moved it, as if to show why he wasn't in any tournaments.

"Not this generation, no. My father was a scholar and I take after him. I believe the last... well, I'm not sure whether to say knight or warrior... regardless the last one would likely have been my grandfather's grandfather, Alfred Schoech."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 01, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »

"!"
Caught off guard by the hug, she stiffened in surprise before relaxing in to it.
"I knew it. You're mine, and I'm yours. Forever."
"We'll have to deal with him, sooner or later. But for the time being, while we have time and we're here, safe..."
She blushed slightly and unclasped her cloak, letting it drop to the floor.
"There was something else I was hoping to do with you..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 01, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »

: "Can't say I've heard of him either, though I'm sure an ancestor of mine faced him across the field at one point or another. But I digress. Where can I find either of the Princesses? If the Prince is confined to quarters, I suppose I'll have to officially pledge my services to someone else."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 01, 2016, 08:47:31 pm »

In the past, which is when this Noel/Hildebrand conversation was taking place, Rosana happened to enter at that point to pull everyone to the armory.

"Rosana just walked in, and that's Saria over there."

And now the flow of time had caught back up to a brooding Noel, standing against a clear wall of the armory with his arms crossed in front of his chest, his legs crossed at the ankle, watching the others pick out their weapons.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:50:44 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 01, 2016, 09:17:07 pm »

Chance, after giving a few test strikes to the tomes he recently picked out, turned to the shaman.
: "Sir Noel. While there is a break, do you have a moment?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »

"Hmm? Yes, I do. What do you need, Chance?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 01, 2016, 09:35:15 pm »

: "Merely speculating on the current situation, I suspect if these expeditions are to continue the margin of tolerance for failure is going to be felt much more strongly. I think it would be in our best interests if our skillsets could be diversified to serve the mission better."
Chance's mouth slanted, he lifted his arm to scratch his head.
: "Erm. Put more succinctly, I think there are a couple things that could be learned from each other's casting styles to improve."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 01, 2016, 09:41:28 pm »

"Hm, I see. To be honest I have no intention of branching out from dark magic; my interest lies in different applications of the translocational subset of dark magic that we're perfecting here. But I would be quite happy to teach you what I know, if you wish to learn, and even if I have no plans to use the anima school having your insights on it would be interesting. So I accept."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »

: "Understood, I would certainly appreciate your input. Dark magic has proven to be somewhat of a barrier in my case, as it requires a bit more of an intellectual bent to pierce compared to the intuitive natural law Anima follows. But I do believe there are some applications I know of that can be of use."
Chance lowered his hand from scratching his head to briefly tapping the metal chunks acting as his eyes.
: "For instance, thanks to these replacements here, I have observed a fair number of casters who exert too much magical force in forming and directing their attacks. With a couple years' practice, I have managed to achieve a process to convert the 'waste', as it were, into healing residue directed at the source caster."
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 149