Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 149

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!  (Read 97151 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 4 (FEF4), IC Thread!
« Reply #1440 on: February 20, 2016, 07:27:13 pm »

Ayzebel glanced at Kerr, regarding him silently for a second.
"We were talking about the Sect of Glass."
Then she responded to Aur's question.
"Yes, I am. It's a holy order, mainly aimed at keeping the peace and hunting down the servants of Xatar, wherever they lurk. They tend to take in orphans, such as myself and Irios, and raise us. I learned my weapon skills there, while Irios was always skilled with a healing staff."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 20, 2016, 07:31:33 pm »

"Oh right. That thing. Heard a lot of rumors about it growing up with the prince. Basically a bunch of assassins, right?"

He kept his tone light but was staring steadily at Ayzebel. He wasn't sure he trusted her fully and wasn't going to be stupid here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 20, 2016, 07:42:34 pm »

Ayzebel met his gaze with her own, dead eyes.
"I'm sure Irios would be a deadly assassin with his healing staff."

"While the Sect has acted to purge evil where it nested, as you can see, we have other duties as well. I am here to protect the Prince and fight beside you, as well as having means to open ways locked to you otherwise."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 20, 2016, 07:47:31 pm »

Aurelian thinks back on a past conversation with Irios and a few more gears turned in his head.

"Ah, I see." The knight said neutrally. "That explains a few things. You two must have a lot of expectations placed on your shoulders. You both wear them well, though." He nodded flashed a smile.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:47:51 pm by Xanmyral »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 20, 2016, 07:50:42 pm »

"Hey, well you never know. He could be hiding all sorts of knives under that cloak and no one would ever suspect him. But still. Good to hear you're here for the prince and not to try and murder any of us, eh Aur? Or to try and recruit us."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 20, 2016, 07:58:02 pm »

"Hah, we're all allies here Kerr, no need to worry about that." Aur said earnestly, smiling wider. "Off to save our world and maybe help a few others in the process!" He tries not to think about the snowy village or its talkative chief.

"Irios is a good person." The knight nodded, the links in his armor rattling softly at the movement. "He wouldn't hurt someone without a good reason. Besides, rumors are rumors. I bet its more complicated that that, what I usually learn about things, heh."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:50:11 pm by Xanmyral »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:43 pm »

"Thank you, Aurelian, but we all have a great burden to bear together. We all have a great duty to our world."
Ayzebel bit back a prickle of irritation at the obvious intent behind Kerr's words.
"We are merely discussing the Sect, Kerr. You can rest your heart at ease."
"As you say, Aurelian, Irios is a wonderful person. And words are wind. I doubt either of is would like to think we are being judged unfairly based on some errant rumours about the Sect of Glass."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 20, 2016, 08:12:39 pm »

So she was going to fight back after all. He'd been wondering about that. He dropped the smirk from his face and gave a casual shrug.

"My comments about Irios were clearly jokes though I could have also chosen to point out that even assassins might get hurt and so having healers along would never be a bad idea. I would never judge him unfairly, not after the work he has done to save so many of us."

He trailed off slightly on purpose before continuing.

"And that's good. Aur here spent so much of his time at home, it'd be good for him to learn more about the world. Hear more about it and that sort of thing. I just get a bit overprotective of him sometimes, that's all." And he's naive enough to fall for cult BS if it was presented to him by friendly faces. So she better watch her step...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 20, 2016, 08:25:15 pm »

"I like to see and hear things with my own eyes and ears. Always find things a bit different than what I'm told about them." Aur explained to Ayzebel. "No judgement here. He held up his hands, palms out, and smiled. "Everyone has their own reasons to do the things they do."

The knight hesitated for a moment. "Mind if I ask how growing up with the Sect of Glass was like? I don't really have any sort of reference for that, so I'm curious. If that's too personal, I apologize."

Aur glanced at his armor next to him for a moment when Kerr mentioned his mostly sheltered upbringing. "Yeah... Making up for lost time, is all. Other worlds, even. Its amazing when you take a step back and think about what we've all done and been."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:51:14 pm by Xanmyral »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 20, 2016, 08:31:28 pm »

Ayzebel smiled at Kerr. It did not reach her eyes.
"Do not worry. I too understand feeling protective of someone close to you. Still, one cannot shelter them from everything they dislike."
"I was saved by the Sect at a very young age, and they raised me as one of their own. The training was difficult, and they required me to be at my best. Still, one cannot argue with the results..."
"...and when the fate of the world is at hand, they require the best, do they not?"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 20, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »

Maribel meanwhile, had just busied herself, brushing down her clothing and looking around the caverns. She couldn't hide the fact that she was glad to return, tired of the drabness and general sense of weariness of this place.
  "I hope we return home soon.." She mused to herself, kicking a rock down a short distance. "Then again, I wonder if this is the only rest we're gonna get for a while.." She tilted her head, and leant against the wall, looking at Giuseppina. At least somebody else was getting some rest when they could.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 20, 2016, 11:34:34 pm »

Noel was watching the conversation carefully as well, but wasn't jumping in. He'd promised Irios he would at least try to get along, so even if Ayzebel's blind fanaticism and willful ignorance was rankling his very bones so much he was grinding his teeth, he stayed quiet.

Saved. Yes, that is exactly what happened, not taking a little girl off the streets and making a tool out of her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 20, 2016, 11:55:26 pm »

At the particular moment, Giuseppina was awake and frowning.
:"It's... it's been around two and a half, maybe three days, maybe even three and a half, we can't just keep going... we'd be passing out in the middle of battles. We... we *yawn* have to get some sleep, it's just... all the adrenaline hasn't worn off for the othere I think."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 21, 2016, 04:32:24 am »

It wasn't few hours.

It wasn't even an hour.

It was half an hour before Nathal came out of his office, holding the mirror. It had the surface made of dark blue crystal, but otherwise looked like new.

"Here it is! I did not possess the black crystal the surface was made off, but I replaced it with more durable mineral."

"Thank you!" Rosana did a royal curtsy while Aliberti looked the mirror over.

"Well it looks good. Everyone ready?"

"Please wait a moment." Prince Aliberti looked at Nathal.

"Yes?"

"Would you consider a little request?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you allow Akk to accompany you to your world?"

"What!?"

"From what I understand, you come from a world that's faring better than... ours. I would like to, hmm, establish some kind of negotiations... so we could obtain food and other things absent from our caves for centuries, now."

"But we're not sure if this could even work, mister! From what I heard from Grand Alchemist when Aliberti was absent, our magic transports us only to the next shard or something..." Aliberti squinted his eyes at Rosana. Now he knew who couldn't keep a secret in the court. Artificer Nathal patted his beard.

"If anything, repairing your mirror is not the only reason I replaced the crystal parts. Mayhaps it will allow us to establish some means to move between our worlds at will." Aliberti looked at the mirror, not entirely convinced.

"So, what do you say?"

"Well..."

//OOC Poll time! Lotsa future (but minor) things depend on the voting, so go vote!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 21, 2016, 08:18:10 am »

"While I don't see much of a threat, I do question why you would send Akk as a negotiator. He does not seem the most socially inclined, or skilled in magic."
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 149