Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would you be interested in... movie embarks?  (Read 1218 times)

MisterBigD

• Escaped Lunatic
  • 'Murican Football, fuck yeah!
    • View Profile
Would you be interested in... movie embarks?
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:58:07 pm »

Hey y'all, we've had a load of stories lately (think Roomcarnage, Towerblazes, Tuftedstockades, etc etc) but all in all, they're fairly generic. So, I thought about making a movie embark - Dr. Strangelove style.

Basically, the rules would be:
- War with everyone (''We cannot allow a mineshaft gap!'')
- World's most horrible biome, probably terrifying and reanimating (simulating the fallout and radiation sickness), but at the same time with a ton of minerals, since in the movie they end up in a mine
- The starting seven must all end up nobles (or as close to as possible), with the expedition leader doing the less possible (Mr. President), one being chief medical dwarf (Dr. Strangelove), one I have no idea what to do with and the rest being leaders of different squads (spears, axes, hammers, swords) because they're probably military advisors. The crossbow squad, our snipers, will be composed of mostly plebs.
- A strict 10:1 female to male ratio must be maintained (maybe start implementing this after the hard-coded migration waves, because they are also important government members that were away?) excepted for the starting (seven) government members. Unwanted plebs will be executed with a resource-efficient manner, because this is the apocalypse, yet one also achievable early on.

So, any suggestions? There's clearly place for improvement  :P

Other things I thought about for a scenario-type embark were: The Matrix, Fallout, Lord of the Rings (the plot would be a little plain though, because this is DF and basically there already), Pandorum (massive story spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, children of men (Kill ALL the children except the ones born)...
Football is love, football is life... but DF is blood and magma and I like that better

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would you be interested in... movie embarks?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 12:28:09 am »

Just found this thread and think it needs some more love.  ;D

Personally, I would vote for I Am Legend since i love the hermit challenge hehe