Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grudge resolution  (Read 2180 times)

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Grudge resolution
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »

Is there such a thing? I did an adam and eve challenge, except it turns out they grudge each other...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Grudge resolution
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »

Nope, you're fucked.

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 04:44:55 pm »

Are you serious?!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 04:46:02 pm »

I think there's a DFhack plugin that lets you clear relationships and start over, but besides that, there is no other way.

Romegypt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 04:48:42 pm »

how to do that?

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 12:20:52 am »

Is there such a thing? I did an adam and eve challenge, except it turns out they grudge each other...
"I wouldn't marry you if you were the last Dwarf on Earth!"
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 12:36:02 am »

But even if you succeed, their children still won't marry each other.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 02:26:45 am »

Yeah, you need at least 2 successful couples to be able to create a population in DF, else you stall out on generation 2.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 07:16:08 am »

Also.... dorfs can have "won't marry" and "are gay" tags hidden now.  So even if you remove the grudge, you'll need to check for these.  The problem with "won't marry" is that only officially married couples can have kids.  So if Adam isn't interested in tying the knot... no matter how good of a "friend" Eve is to him, they won't marry and they won't have kids.  So even if you get two original couples churning out kids, you can still get gay/bachelor kids that'll slow down the generational fort.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 12:09:49 pm »

Also.... dorfs can have "won't marry" and "are gay" tags hidden now.  So even if you remove the grudge, you'll need to check for these.  The problem with "won't marry" is that only officially married couples can have kids.  So if Adam isn't interested in tying the knot... no matter how good of a "friend" Eve is to him, they won't marry and they won't have kids.  So even if you get two original couples churning out kids, you can still get gay/bachelor kids that'll slow down the generational fort.
It's a lot more complicated than a "won't marry" or an "are gay" hidden tag. Specifically the way this works is there's two orientation tokens for creatures at caste level. The defaults for male creatures is [ORIENTATION:FEMALE:5:20:75] and [ORIENTATION:MALE:75:20:5], the default for female creatures is the reverse. The first number on the list means the chance of not being interested in that gender so 5% of male dwarves won't be interested in female dwarves., the second number is the chance of being able to go to the lover status, but not marry, and the third is the chance to be able to marry. Of note is that asexuality and bisexuality are a lot more common than exclusive homosexuality.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 12:37:38 pm »

For purposes of getting dwarves to marry, the important bit of the orientation tags is the 3rd number listed for the opposite gender, which defaults to 75. So 3 out of 4 dwarves are willing to marry a dwarf of the opposite sex. Therefore, given a random male-female dwarf pair, you get the following possibilities: 56.25% chance that both are willing to marry. 37.5% chance that one is willing to marry but the other is not, and 6.25% chance that neither is willing to marry. These numbers assume that the pair of dwarves are within 10 years of the same age, not siblings, have no prior romantic attachments, and manage to form a non-hostile relationship at all. Dwarves who form grudges or who simply refuse to form any relationship at all with each other will never marry.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 03:25:37 pm »

"...well I wouldn't marry you if you were the last dwarf on Earth!"
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!