Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 92732 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Serial Mind Control
« Reply #615 on: February 18, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »

Argh. Trade the neural connector for five tentacles, then.
While we're at it, why not switch those 10 points I put in Mind over to Cha. For the tentacles, you see.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:14:53 pm by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »

Ready, and thanks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2017, 07:18:08 pm »

Ready
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 19, 2017, 03:42:15 pm »

take me with you.

Spoiler: Trier Cirugian (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 19, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

38 tokens to spend
-6 neural strengthening
-10 Avatar Jump pack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5174175#msg5174175)
-22 Avatar invisibility/camouflage enhancements (I don't expect full stealth, just to not stand out like a sore giant robot thumb.) If this isn't an option, just buy 10token's worth of XL smoke and flashbang nades.

There's probably better things to buy, but I don't feel like asking a lot more questions if the others are ready to go.

After shopping, ready!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 19, 2017, 05:41:13 pm »

XL [...] flashbang nades.

((Do you mean tanning grenades?  I have the feeling that an Avatar-sized flashbang is closer to an incendiary grenade than a stunning grenade.  If you do buy a bunch of nades, why don'tcha spend the other 12 tokens on handcuffs and other restraints, so that we can actually keep people incapacitated?  Or perhaps enough paralysis gas that we can just blanket the whole town, taking out the watchgliders and the people?

Also, what the hell could you need a jump pack for?  Catching any passenger planes that fly overhead, so that you can use them as a club?  The area wasn't so massive or hilly that mobility is a real issue, IIRC.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 19, 2017, 05:55:51 pm »

XL [...] flashbang nades.
((Do you mean tanning grenades?  I have the feeling that an Avatar-sized flashbang is closer to an incendiary grenade than a stunning grenade.  If you do buy a bunch of nades, why don'tcha spend the other 12 tokens on handcuffs and other restraints, so that we can actually keep people incapacitated?  Or perhaps enough paralysis gas that we can just blanket the whole town, taking out the watchgliders and the people?

Also, what the hell could you need a jump pack for?  Catching any passenger planes that fly overhead, so that you can use them as a club?  The area wasn't so massive or hilly that mobility is a real issue, IIRC.))

((I first had buying restraints, but then I figured gluing people to walls and such with the sticky goop gun would be funnier. The jump pack is more for cool points, it's something that I never got around to trying out in the game proper. As you may have noticed, I'm not really trying to go for the optimal solution to the mission this time around and more for what sounds fun.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 20, 2017, 07:07:42 am »

take me with you.

Spoiler: Trier Cirugian (click to show/hide)

Goodie.

38 tokens to spend
-6 neural strengthening
-10 Avatar Jump pack (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5174175#msg5174175)
-22 Avatar invisibility/camouflage enhancements (I don't expect full stealth, just to not stand out like a sore giant robot thumb.) If this isn't an option, just buy 10token's worth of XL smoke and flashbang nades.

There's probably better things to buy, but I don't feel like asking a lot more questions if the others are ready to go.

After shopping, ready!

I suppose you could get some sort of automanipulator with 22 tokens... I don't exactly remember pricing of those. Somebody did spent some time figuring prices for various invisiblity stuff, was it Pancaek? I have to dig this up after work is over.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 20, 2017, 10:00:54 am »

Just cover the avatar in tiger stripes and mud, claim it's a small hill. Maybe some potted plants?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56:22 am »

erm, there was a can of invis spraypaint, enough to coat a mk1 with, for like 3 tokens. 22 can probably coat an avatar.
I don't remember the specifics, but it inspired lyra's fiber-optic fur, so it predates that, and it was discussed post-catification, because I was worried at the time about possible bad effects from using it on her skin. meaning i was thinking about her unsuited. which she only was doing a lot post-catification.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:00:38 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 20, 2017, 02:02:13 pm »

I suppose you could get some sort of automanipulator with 22 tokens... I don't exactly remember pricing of those. Somebody did spent some time figuring prices for various invisiblity stuff, was it Pancaek? I have to dig this up after work is over.
Whatever you can/are willing to give is fine by me.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 20, 2017, 02:24:12 pm »

Whatever you can/are willing to give is fine by me.

Couldn't find information so you'll get that paintjob with invisiblity spray can. Try not to get it damaged. Let's see, if it takes 3 tokens to coat MKI suit, then... yeah, price goas up with drasticly increased surface area considering you have paint both avatar armor and its cloak. Still, it should be pretty good in dark.

Right. Brace onto your innocent hearts because we are starting in few minutes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 20, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

((And since imitation is highest form of flattery...))

The shuttle slides out of the hold of the Sword and off toward a distant point of light, orbiting somewhere near the solar system's star. The entire ride there is slow deceleration, the momentum of the mothership giving all the speed they need to get to reach the tiny planet on which the Endive colonies are housed. The 1.7 gravities the deceleration pushes on them makes life uncomfortable, but not as bad as the poor bastards in the army, taking 3 g standard.

The shuttle lands some 12 hours later, on a landing pad behind a squat, brick building that looked like a cinderblock that had been dropped a few dozen times. The squadies trundle out of the ship, carrying weapons with helmets held under arms. The cops, local boys and girls with tanned faces and hard, uncomplicated personalities, stare at them with a mix of awe, dread and disdain. Everything they've heard of the HMRC is equal parts myth and ghost story, a stream of propaganda and rumor that paints them all as a some sort of elite unit of super prisoners, barely controlled attack dogs with nuclear weapons. In their minds the UWM's solution to a serial killer is to send in more serial killers and let them duke it out. The robots and mutant cats don't help that assessment much. Miyamoto gets biggest reaction from them. None of them have seen real Avatar of War in their lives before and almost certainly will never see after, and now there's one trundling in front of the crew, even if it's partially invisible one.

The police lead them to several large white vans and they pile in as the sun is just starting to set over the rolling, near featureless green hills of Endine. Miya gets his own truck to chill in while being carted towards the destination. They watch out of the barred windows in the back of the van as the sun sets and unfamiliar stars appear in the sky. The chairs in the van aren't comfortable, but they take the time to close eyes and rest a bit before before being woken by a voice from the front of the van telling that there is 5 minutes till they reach the edge of the mission area.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 20, 2017, 02:41:13 pm »

Xael is pumped.
"Aw yeah! Tentacles at mission 5! That means New Game+, bitches!"

Wait giddly.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49