Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Next fight?

Replay Mission 5 (Serial Mind Control)
- 3 (42.9%)
Einsteinian Roulette (Few centuries before Mission 1)
- 4 (57.1%)
Something else. Post your idea.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49

Author Topic: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Everybody vs Miyamoto, Take 2  (Read 92769 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FANGAME] Reliving past: Fight 4. Filing complaints ARM style
« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2015, 11:36:51 am »

Go to the armory and have my rocket pods topped off. After that, hover and EMM again. And again with the namite and it's arms
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2015, 12:11:13 pm »

"I die for Steve.  Again."

Probably safe to consider all that gear destroyed.  Screw armor; go in there and attempt to plant distracting thoughts in its head via mind-read amp; it allows planting suggestions, so hopefully I can distract it while others finish it.

Admittedly your battlesuit was wrecked badly enough, but I do let people keep their weapons at least. So you still have PEW (one cooling block), Raduga, Piezoelectric Shard Launcher (empty) and gauss rifle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think synthflesh has any specific neural tissue for your amp to work on.

The synthflesh, sure, but the Avatar has a literal mind of its own; there's a brain in there as part of its construction.  All avatars use copies of the same brain.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2015, 12:13:57 pm »

I think you're thinking of an arbiter there, no?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2015, 12:26:56 pm »

Maybe about the copying bit, but I'm 90% sure the Avatar has a true brain in it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2015, 12:29:11 pm »

Or maybe I'm wrong!

8.Avatars are Synthflesh organisms and a great deal more complete then other synthflesh beings. They are controlled and restrained by the pilot and their armor and systems, but the pilot and the creature are still somewhat merged. Removing the System's limiters and allowing the neural pathways to feed information both ways, rather then just from the pilot to the machine, has interesting and potentially very dangerous effects. As per it's sentience, it's hard to say exactly. We know that when the limiters are released that they can use their amps even if the pilot isn't at all skilled with them.

That said, I'd say this clearly means it has enough of a mind that the amp should be able to contact it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2015, 12:32:34 pm »

Hmm. Being wrong when 90% certain bodes ill for your credibility! Can't have that! Have you considered http://acritch.com/credence-game ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »

One time out of ten happens at least two times out of twenty!

Also, that's fairly interesting!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 19, 2015, 12:40:23 pm »

One time out of ten happens at least two times out of twenty!

Also, that's fairly interesting!

I aim to please! And spread knowledge of dubious use!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 19, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

Or maybe I'm wrong!

8.Avatars are Synthflesh organisms and a great deal more complete then other synthflesh beings. They are controlled and restrained by the pilot and their armor and systems, but the pilot and the creature are still somewhat merged. Removing the System's limiters and allowing the neural pathways to feed information both ways, rather then just from the pilot to the machine, has interesting and potentially very dangerous effects. As per it's sentience, it's hard to say exactly. We know that when the limiters are released that they can use their amps even if the pilot isn't at all skilled with them.

That said, I'd say this clearly means it has enough of a mind that the amp should be able to contact it.

But the amp doesn't modify the concept of mind, but rather the neural tissue the mind stems from. I believe synthflesh's sentience is pretty much spread through its whole mass instead of having central location for mind, so you would be manipulating the whole body of the Avatar. I guess we have to get word of god about this.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 19, 2015, 06:55:18 pm »

"This will either be really awesome or really dumb."
Quickly throw the tank of namite back at the avatar. Aim for where John shot off its armour.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 19, 2015, 08:02:20 pm »

Assist Namite in being hot. With amp.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 20, 2015, 01:09:23 am »

Again! This time focus on the legs!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 20, 2015, 01:45:05 am »

@Toaster:
Code: [Select]
09:37 <+AoshimaMichio> Piecewise: can neural amp plant suggestions on wild Avatar? I'm assuming it can't.
09:38 < Piecewise> You can try. But it would be a bit like trying to sculpt hot glass with your bare hands

Still wanna try?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 20, 2015, 09:58:00 am »

Yep!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 20, 2015, 11:43:06 am »

"I die for Steve.  Again."

Probably safe to consider all that gear destroyed.  Screw armor; go in there and attempt to plant distracting thoughts in its head via mind-read amp; it allows planting suggestions, so hopefully I can distract it while others finish it.

You focus on the Avatar and send images of kittens, flowers, puppies and rainbows over grassy meadows. In return you get a pulse of pain like a bat into kneecaps.

Go to the armory and have my rocket pods topped off. After that, hover and EMM again. And again with the namite and it's arms

Armory master takes your last token for fuel refill.

Avatar seems to be rather distracted so you can freely cover its arms in namite. It's quickly heating its remaining armor. You spot another tank of namite strapped on it, as well as two tanks of goop. Those are not in danger to burn. Yet.

"This will either be really awesome or really dumb."
Quickly throw the tank of namite back at the avatar. Aim for where John shot off its armour.

The tank flies in nice lazy arc towards the avatar's flaming body. It lands on it's back, collides off and rolls towards Thaddeus.

Assist Namite in being hot. With amp.

You fail to focus on it. Your brain still hurts, but not so badly that you can't pull off one space miracle.

Again! This time focus on the legs!

Legs? What legs? It doesn't have legs. Lars shot them off a while ago.

As a reminder the Avatar is currently missing its legs from hip down and fingers from both hands. Armor is gone from shoulders and front left side of chest. Its arm armor is being melted by namite. It is laying face down on the floor.

The Avatar seems to shake off visions of cute kittens and slowly lifts up its body.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49