Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whimsical Embroidery  (Read 1171 times)

SnowWhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whimsical Embroidery
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »

I was browsing the contents of the cluttered clothes maker's craft shop and found:

"This is a well-crafted cave spider silk right glove.  It is made from cave spider silk cloth.  On the item is a well-designed image of a shoe in Pig tail cloth by Logem Zatfeb.  It is made from Pig tail cloth."

I am highly amused by a shoe embroidered on a glove.

I am even more amused by the mental image of Toady hiring someone to do graphics for this game, and the graphics person asking "You want me to make it look like *what*?"

LOL!

quot;...we literally tore a hole in the mountain, and slept in the mud for THREE YEARS while we waited for these tower caps to grow, and you come dancing in here, clutching your grass and berries like you''re Armok''s Sodding Gift To Dwarves, and tell us

Lord Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whimsical Embroidery
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 03:21:00 am »

You think developing the world of DF might give Toady a god complex? 'Cuz if it does, this project is just going to get funnier and funnier.
he Dwarf Fortress Blog is now up and running, albeit ugly and empty. Do your part, and email stories, worlds, and mod files to dasuberalt@yahoo.com

I''ll put it up on the blog, and give you credit.

http://dwarffortressblog.blogspot.com/

Varil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 05:45:00 am »

"IT ISN'T COMPLEX ENOUGH! EVERYTHING MUST BE MADE OF SMALLER COMPONENTS WHICH ARE THEN MADE OF YET SMALLER COMPONENTS!" And God smites Toady for edgin' in on his turf.

If Toady ever programs in molecules I think we can officially label this project 'complete'. Except for that bug which turns lead into gold.

Lord Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:26:00 am »

What about atoms? Or subatomic particle simulation? Or, or, or, subatomic strings with full vibration code? Or a fourth dimension that you need a physicist noble to get to? THINK OF THE STORAGE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!
he Dwarf Fortress Blog is now up and running, albeit ugly and empty. Do your part, and email stories, worlds, and mod files to dasuberalt@yahoo.com

I''ll put it up on the blog, and give you credit.

http://dwarffortressblog.blogspot.com/

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 02:36:00 pm »

*brain falls out of nose*

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 03:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Maximus:
<STRONG>*brain falls out of nose*</STRONG>

Thats a pretty small brain

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 06:37:00 pm »

No, no, a competent soaper needs a large nose.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 09:35:00 pm »

My word, the stockpiles will be INTENSE! Just imagine... first off you can choose from matter or anti-matter, then you can choose from various types of atoms, then various types of electrons, protons, and neutrons, and then quarks and... whatever else is inside those smaller particles (sorry, quantum physics isn't my strong point).

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 11:03:00 pm »

In the end, Dwarf Fortress will become large and complex enough for Toady to crawl inside it, and then he will vanish from this universe completely.

Nobody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 11:07:00 pm »

The United States will no longer have war games, instead just using Dwarf Fortress as a simulation.

Which'll explain the ring of ballistae surrounding American shores in the future.

A HREF="http://www.adventuresofbrian.org<BR>">www.adventuresofbrian.org
 My Personal Exercise in Futility

"oh, but the knobby ends can all bite in yours, so it''s like... more advanced tentacle demons where they have lil mouths."
-Toady One

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 12:06:00 am »

Yes, and then they lead the charge to invade Sri Lanka because the elephants are clearly Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:01:00 am »

We'd probably reduce how much mining we do as well, to prevent mining all the adamantium and releasing the Demon.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!