Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How can I get dwarves to marry?  (Read 5865 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get dwarves to marry?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »

Note that by default something like 20% of dwarves won't progress past the "lover" stage, so keep that in mind.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »

Yes one should check that with the gaydar in dfhack.
I've noticed that dwarves seem to hook up more easily if they have the same or similar professions. Two weavers got started in a week while the Axelord never quite got into the fat Brewer that I chose for him. Might have just been bad luck, though.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 09:02:48 pm »

Note that by default something like 20% of dwarves won't progress past the "lover" stage, so keep that in mind.

Right after I read this, I started a fort with a population cap of 1...they I use dfhack gaydar to check. *facepalm*

Udib Lakishastesh ( m) likes females
Dumed Lisatdeler ( f) will marry males and likes females
Stodir Asenvunom (f ) will marry males
Zefon Athamkadol ( f) will marry males
Tobul Gatiziteb ( m) likes males and will marry females
Sarvesh Akrultat (f ) likes males
Vabok Ingtakfikod (f ) likes males and will marry females

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »

It's easy enough to mod dwarves so they only ever marry their romantic interest, who is always of the opposite sex. Adding [ORIENTATION:MALE:0:0:100][ORIENTATION:FEMALE:100:0:0] to females and [ORIENTATION:FEMALE:0:0:100][ORIENTATION:MALE:100:0:0] to males instead of whatever's there now is all it takes. They'll still ignore each other if there's blood relation involved, an age difference of more than a decade, and I don't know if this will change existing dwarves, but if you're not too attached to this world you can always whip up another one.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 02:45:51 pm »

Just got 2 of my 13 dwarves to marry so I can confirm it eventually happens xD

All I did was shrink my meeting area (from 8x12 to 5x5) and once two became lovers I stuck them in the "marriage rooms" and then they married shortly after

Finally I can now add to my fortress population!!!

ALSO I'm pretty sure if they say they "Tend to only form tenuous relationships with others" it means they wont marry and will stay lovers, I could be wrong but I may have to experiment a bit more.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 04:24:01 pm by Terff »
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:11 am »

Well atleast there wont be kids everywhere.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...
Pages: 1 [2]