Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map 2: Fantastic Boogaloo  (Read 6939 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map 2: Fantastic Boogaloo
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »

The Surging Marsh. A low lying swamp, this area's water table is intimately connected to the Crystal Rill, and it experiences swells and recessions according to strength of the river. The extremely variable weather of the region leads to huge changes in water level, and so most plants have long roots which ate accustomed to being exposed and submerged at frequent, but irregular, intervals.
There's also a large amount of bug life which, surprisingly enough, tends to give us a relatively wide berth.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 05:42:27 pm »

I'm...

Why is there a rule against scythers, exactly?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

I'm...

Because poketwo kept trying to add scythers into the last Create a Fantasy Map and he was rather insistent on it despite the idea being despised by literally everyone else.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 05:51:08 pm »

Its his whole thing, really.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

[Godwin's Law invokation]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 06:34:53 pm »

You're comparing poketwo to Hitler?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 07:24:47 pm »

I'm...

Because if we let scythers become citizens of Lirona they'll steal all our jerbs.

Because poketwo kept trying to add scythers into the last Create a Fantasy Map and he was rather insistent on it despite the idea being despised by literally everyone else.

Pretty much this. The idea of banning scythers being an official rule made me go 'hue hue hue' so I put it in.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »

I AM NO WAY HITLER. I DO NOT WANT TO EXPAND MY COUNTRY NOR SLAUGHTER AN ENTIRE CULTURE AND ITS DECEDENTS.

BESIDES, I BELIEVE I HAVE A COOL IDEA FOR THEM, SHAME I COULD NOT POST IT HERE.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 07:26:27 pm »

I AM NO WAY HITLER. I DO NOT WANT TO EXPAND MY COUNTRY NOR SLAUGHTER AN ENTIRE CULTURE AND ITS DECEDENTS.

Well, your posts seem to be committing genocide on lowercase letters, at any rate.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »

lol

anyways.

the marsh is filled with all sorts of magic plants. a group of humans have made home in a cave there, and called it there home. they are known for amplifying there own magic using the plants, as well as making potions and magic objects. they have even learned to harness some the power of the arcane storms.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 08:20:41 pm »

The Highfalls: Possibly connected to the arcane storms that thunder across the land, the Highfalls are a series of reverse waterfalls along the Crystal Rill, the river climbing up sheer cliffs of dark stone. In some places, such as the Black End River, they even ascend into apparent nothingness, though it is believed by some that they instead lead to a series of magic-intensive floating islands, above the cloud layer, though this has never been proven, as attempts to rise with the Highfalls typically end in falling to one's doom.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 08:04:05 am »

Oh my god, I really love the concept of these! :))
The map in Shadowhammer's really reminds me of a series of CYOA-styled books that I read as a kid.

The Surging Marsh. A low lying swamp, this area's water table is intimately connected to the Crystal Rill, and it experiences swells and recessions according to strength of the river. The extremely variable weather of the region leads to huge changes in water level, and so most plants have long roots which ate accustomed to being exposed and submerged at frequent, but irregular, intervals.
There's also a large amount of bug life which, surprisingly enough, tends to give us a relatively wide berth.
The swamp is also the only known residence of a peculiar species of creatures simply called "Bog Dwellers".
Not much is known about these creatures, mostly because of the fact that they seem to stay underwater most of, if not all the time, using a tentacle like appendage to capture insects and pull them underneath the bog to eat them.
 No-one has ever seen any other part of their bodies surface, so most assume they are a plant of some sort.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:18:39 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 05:14:12 pm »

Oh my god, I really love the concept of these! :))
The map in Shadowhammer's really reminds me of a series of CYOA-styled books that I read as a kid.

The swamp is also the only known residence of a peculiar species of creatures simply called "Bog Dwellers".
Not much is known about these creatures, mostly because of the fact that they seem to stay underwater most of, if not all the time, using a tentacle like appendage to capture insects and pull them underneath the bog to eat them.
 No-one has ever seen any other part of their bodies surface, so most assume they are a plant of some sort.
A species of moss grows here, highly prized by the northern tribes as a medicinal herb, though they rarely tell outsiders of it. It clings to other plants and hummocks, a bright, rich green color, velvety to the touch, and hanging in great strings from trees.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 05:42:37 pm »

Nazism and genocide is Hitler's entire thing! For that reason we should let him practice both! /sarcasm

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »

Nazism and genocide is Hitler's entire thing! For that reason we should let him practice both! /sarcasm
By failing to find a better analogy, you have automatically lost the argument by resorting to Hitler-comparisons.

Poketwo is now right by default.

Heil Scyther.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4