Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47364 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2015, 05:16:11 pm »

So, anyone got any ideas about payment schemes for write-ups? Thing is, some missions need more work than others, both because some already have some stuff written, and because some missions are longer than others. Could just go straightforward and say 1token/2 missions, seems easiest for me, but would mean some tokens are very easy to earn, and others much harder. Or I could try and guesstimate how much work any mission write-up would be and determine pay like that, but I think I'm too lazy to do that.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:44 pm »

I think I would look at the wiki, determine which pieces need done on which missions, then offer tokens based on number of pages needing x amount of work. Use my pay as a baseline, since I was assuming a token per x amount of pages read, with a summary and synopsis presented.
This week, If you like, I'll (try to) look at the wiki and see which missions have which needs, in my limited understanding, and offer a payment plan.
I wound up with about one token per 250 pages? I think?
Which would mean that one mission set with about 250 pages spread over 4-5 missions (50 pages per mission) and needing 3-5 synopses and 3-5 summaries would pay about one token. I'd weight missions needing synopses more heavily than those needing only summaries. Simple edits could pay one token per ten synopses clarified and formatted, with the assumption that the editor is already familiar with the mission and need not read the whole thing in order to do the work.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32:32 am »

Define page. 10 posts? 25? 50?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 30, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

I'd be willing to join the reading and summarizing for dosh bandwagon.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2015, 08:50:44 am »

I was on 15 ppp. Forum default. hmm Either way, take the sum of pages found in missions 6 through 9b and divide by five.
Spoiler: maths (click to show/hide)

Also, Aoshima, feel free to verify with PW / the rest of the team, but Dester is probably the lead for M26, since he acted in that role throughout almost the entirety of M23, with the blessing of PW and support of the crew. And add Saint to the M26 roster, though we haven't met him IC yet. He's been accepted ooc.

Aigre, how it works is this: there are several sets of missions that have incomplete pages on the wiki. What we have done in the past is claim one of the sets of missions via discussion with Radio_Controlled, who oversees this activity. He confirms, and then you get to work. You read the mission, and edit the relevant wiki articles, adding or modifying the summaries (the short, one or two paragraph descriptions) found on the main "Mission Synopsis" page, and then edit or add the synopsis, found on the page for that individual mission.

Suggested things to include in the synopsis: mission goal, arrival, introduce any major npcs, a walkthrough of the major actions taken
Spoiler: trivia (click to show/hide)
, tempdeaths, permadeaths, altered states of being, major actions taken by npcs / enemies / the universe (which hates us), and the conclusion of the matter (success? failure? something like it?) as well as any artifacts or objects of interest retrieved.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2015, 09:00:25 am »

1 token for about 30-ish pages (at 50ppp) seems easy to work with. Next to that, taking missions in batches of 2 prevents very short missions of screwing with this system. Rounding can be decided by looking at how much was written already. I think that'd come to about 1 token per 2 missions most of the time, with long missions giving maybe 1 or 2 more.

And yeah, Ozarck's got the right idea about what goes into a mission's write-up. You can always look at past missions to get an idea for what goes in and style and such.

EDIT: Made a list: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Fund

Also, made it official that anyone can do these jobs. If newbies want something specifically, I'll have to think of something else.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:20:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2015, 09:43:59 am »

I call dibs on 21, 22 and 23. I'll get it done by this week.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2015, 10:06:48 am »

bah. those are missions I have familiarity with. I could probably write them up in my sleep.
I am interested in, but not calling dibs on, m10 and m11.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2015, 10:29:13 am »

I wonder, how should the current Limbo journey be apprehended? I.e., if it's recognised as continuation of M21, you might want for it to end before writing the full synopsis. Or it could be written together with M25, I guess.

Also, for some reason M21 was removed from "Current Mission Information" and considered 'closed'. While I can understand the sentiment (the thread is closed, the mission is officially over), our little Limbo adventure still needs a page and a cheatsheet (so far, I've been using M21's one, but it is missing Xael), and I think appending this "continuation of the story" to M21 and bringing it back to active missions list would be much easier than inventing a new mission number and copying almost everything over from M21 page&cheatsheet.

We're still alive there yet (even if ARM doesn't know it IC yet)! Our final fates deserve being scribed down and remembered! :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 30, 2015, 01:33:22 pm »

I was on 15 ppp. Forum default. hmm Either way, take the sum of pages found in missions 6 through 9b and divide by five.
Spoiler: maths (click to show/hide)

Also, Aoshima, feel free to verify with PW / the rest of the team, but Dester is probably the lead for M26, since he acted in that role throughout almost the entirety of M23, with the blessing of PW and support of the crew. And add Saint to the M26 roster, though we haven't met him IC yet. He's been accepted ooc.

Funny thing about that. When I start editing the page in classic mode and write [[Saint, the wiki offers me Milno instead. Well, he is a saint, but anyway. Actually, even the wiki search bar does the same thing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48:32 pm »

Ah, thought that coud be the case.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:17 pm »

"Steve Saint" will get you who you are looking for.

This link will also get you there

Nikitian, M21 is done. You are all talking about a double level up at teh end of your journeys Through the Angles. You are now on M21L (for limbo) or something like that. I don't recall that the first team into M2 got a double level up for being rescued by the second team sent in after them. And since you guys have opted to run your Adventures in Oddspace concurrent with M25, I'd saya second wiki page would be appropriate.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:32:06 pm by Ozarck »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 30, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »

Well, I'd still say M21 is not done because there hasn't been any debriefing yet. It should have been closed, but we kinda decided to push the matter and continued it (albeit in a different thread). But that's semantics, so I digress.

M21L is a fine mission designation if you ask me. Just let's see what our mighty ARM leadership has to say on using non-standard mission indices. ;)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #374 on: November 30, 2015, 07:02:12 pm »

I say put it in mission 25. Both because it makes sense, since they are happening at the same time and in the same place and because it would make things easier if they are rescued, since they'll end up being on the same thread. It's like they're just another team in mission 25, only on a different thread.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34