Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47378 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #330 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »

Ah, right, right, it's client-side. The MediaWiki API docs suggest using JSONP requests, but of course that's a security risk and just-about-requires use of the API...

Nunzillor

« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2015, 01:35:43 am »

Skills and stats are repeated twice in character pages when the site is viewed in mobile mode.  I can't fix it,  but I thought I'd point it out for those who can.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2015, 03:57:00 am »

Oh, sorry, my fault. I'm using a hidden table and apparently the phone version changes the style of the tables and unhides it. I'll fix it when I get back to my PC.

Nunzillor

« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2015, 05:11:26 am »

It's working now.  Thanks!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 28, 2015, 06:34:04 am »

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Artifact_Data

This page, but more updated, could serve that purpose.

Relevant data on that page is kind of lost in sea of other information. And purpose of that Artifact Data is more to provide list of things not researched yet, or so I believe was the original idea. I was thinking something along Weapons Statistics page. It would result duplicate data, but... Hmm, I don't know...

It would be nice to able to link directly to the used material. For example all blueradite references in blaster weapons pages so people would quickly find out what kind of stuff blueradite is.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2015, 04:41:42 pm »

I was looking at the wiki, and noticed that Milnoplate is marked as developed by "Caellath (HMRC), syvarris(?) (ARM)".  Technically, while I designed the current armory item from scratch, the idea was taken completely from Cael.  The only original concept is the addition of hexsand armor to the flight variant.

I'm wondering if I should remove my mention entirely, or just the question mark.  The former seems better, because Cael should probably be paid the royalties, and having two designers listed would be confusing.

Thoughts?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2015, 04:49:05 pm »

Maybe have "original version-Cael, updated version-syvarris"?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2015, 05:12:29 pm »

I'd say you put in enough effort to deserve credit, both for the armory mention and getting tokens from a sale. You'd have to make an agreement with cael of course, but far as I see you actually did a lo of the work with working out prices and such.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »

I think the (HMRC) and (ARM) designations serve that purpose fine.  My main concern is token payments--Removing the question mark makes it ambiguous who gets paid when it's bought.

Unrelated: Can I remove the civic defender's longcoat from the armory?  It's completely inferior to the sharksuit, and people have been buying it in preference.  I'd have already done it, except I designed the sharksuit, and therefore might be unknowingly biased.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

As said, you need to contact cael to work that out, but in my hardly relevant opinion you deserve (part of) the money.

As for the second, perhaps just add a tag saying it's outdated and replaced by sharksuit? People might still want it for rp reasons ("I think it looks cooler." Or "I don't trust sharkmist nanobots.")

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2015, 11:53:06 pm »

The word is "deprecated".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 02, 2015, 02:01:52 pm »

I don't think the rules for being payed for player designed items are on the wiki yet. Can someone please tell me what they are or link me to them? I'm planning on putting them on the Tinker page, but if there's a better place let me know.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 02, 2015, 03:27:41 pm »

I think the (HMRC) and (ARM) designations serve that purpose fine.  My main concern is token payments--Removing the question mark makes it ambiguous who gets paid when it's bought.

Unrelated: Can I remove the civic defender's longcoat from the armory?  It's completely inferior to the sharksuit, and people have been buying it in preference.  I'd have already done it, except I designed the sharksuit, and therefore might be unknowingly biased.

My intention was to split off a second "Armory" page (Back of the Armory? Custom and Rare Stuff? Something like that) and to move there any and all entries that have not been explicitly approved for Armory inclusion (or didn't come as part of Piecewise-approved item list). That would deal with Civic Defender's longcoat, as well as a large number of other obscure things.
(Then the cull of 'old approved items' would slowly follow, figuring out straight replacements and removing the officially now-obsolete items (Mk I, Mk II, etc.). )

I simply didn't have enough time to do such a large change on my own, so I put the idea on hold for now.

I'd say you put in enough effort to deserve credit, both for the armory mention and getting tokens from a sale. You'd have to make an agreement with cael of course, but far as I see you actually did a lo of the work with working out prices and such.

I agree. Perhaps we could have Piecewise allow full dividends to all people who participated in (consecutive) creation of an item in a major enough way? (Judged by some neutral third party. Maybe even have the Council do it, or some other committee. )

I don't think the rules for being payed for player designed items are on the wiki yet. Can someone please tell me what they are or link me to them? I'm planning on putting them on the Tinker page, but if there's a better place let me know.
Uh, it's 25% of the item's price, rounded up (except for 1-token items, for them it's 1 token per 2 items sold, to avoid abuse).

(Another thing I've planned to add to the wiki, but never followed through (except for the category of player-made designs for easy reference). Sorry.)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2015, 11:35:54 pm »

Updated the Milnoplate page with what Cael and I have agreed upon so far.  I offered to let him have 100%, and will fix the wiki if he changes his mind.

Is it understandable?  I tried to make the wording unambiguous.

@Nik

I didn't know we'd changed to 1-for-2.  I don't really see how it prevents abuse, considering you can still sell two one token items back for two tokens.  Also, 1-for-2 makes keeping track of when someone gets paid harder.  What if one person buys a 1 token item, and then someone else buys it too a couple of months later?  Who'll remember?

I still think we should just give fractional tokens, which are unusable and untradable until they become full tokens--like how partial bars from melting work in DF.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2015, 11:52:36 pm »

I didn't know we'd changed to 1-for-2.  I don't really see how it prevents abuse, considering you can still sell two one token items back for two tokens.  Also, 1-for-2 makes keeping track of when someone gets paid harder.  What if one person buys a 1 token item, and then someone else buys it too a couple of months later?  Who'll remember?

I still think we should just give fractional tokens, which are unusable and untradable until they become full tokens--like how partial bars from melting work in DF.
Well, that is rules abuse by intention, and it gets prevented by Nyars bat. Before that, I was talking about 'honest' abuse and skewered results - or rather, that Piecewise couldn't accept that, so this was the best deal that could have been brokered (it puts the output of 1-token items to the same rate as 2-token ones - 50% return on item price).

And the rules are generous as the are and non-fractional because it's not really expected that more than one item would ever be sold; judging by diversity of ARM arsenal, things vary a lot. Of course, some items might be more popular, but the bottom line are the unpopular ones, and treating them fairly. (While, of course, incentivising - not requiring - to create 'popular' items which are sold well.)

As a system, it's a more or less fair one towards what it tries to accomplish, and that's what matters, I guess. Any system would've been mixed blessing here.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34