Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47441 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2015, 03:57:28 am »

I agree with Nik.

When you're trying to buy something, first you need to look at the available items, see what does what, quickly change from item to item, etc. That's much easier to do when all the important info are in the same page. Having the descriptions also be funny makes that process more fun and the items easier to remember.

Plus all those other reasons Nik used, which I don't have time to list.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2015, 04:11:36 am »

What if we had a main armory page with the items having short descriptions that are funny and say what they do there, and links to seperate pages that go into more detail?
Or has that been suggested already.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2015, 04:16:01 am »

What if we had a main armory page with the items having short descriptions that are funny and say what they do there, and links to seperate pages that go into more detail?
Or has that been suggested already.
I thought that was more or less what Nik was suggesting, unless I misunderstood something. Put all nonstandard armory items in a sperate page and put most special info in the armory items in their own page and just leave something like "more functions/ammo available" or "see page for details" in the armory page.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2015, 09:20:01 am »

Now this raises a question: What counts as non-standard?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2015, 10:05:56 am »

Anything that doesn't have a price, could be considered "special" stock/is not explicitly listed and must be asked about, anything that results from a question along the lines of "So do you have anything like...", or is considered old Tinker projects of NPC's or player characters..

Example: 10 pounds of scrap metal, duct tape, Milno brand Pokin' PolesTM, Cartographer, old AM Tinker projects, May's .45 pistol.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2015, 02:36:37 pm »

Now this raises a question: What counts as non-standard?
That's easy: everything except latest GM-provided Armory list and all the "approved for Armory inclusion" items. There's a reason I was 'redundant' in declaring many items already in circulation as armory-approved - exactly for this situation in the future. Just as well, of course, I am going to approve any already commonly used currently non-standard (non-obsolete) items.

Now, what counts as 'obsolete' is a much more tricky question, of course: for example, Mk I&II should be obsolete by now, whereas battlesuits are fielded alongside assaultsuits, apparently (for now, at least). And then there's blaster weaponry and laser weaponry, the former making the latter quite obsolete... in some ways.
Hephaestus will tackle this question (I am waiting for Syvarris's and/or PyroDesu's return and counsel to start working on that) in due time.

Finally, while technically true, I don't think zero-cost "Misc" items are worth consideration here - Piecewise did a fine job collectively dumping them all behind an all-encompassing zero-item-long "Misc Category", and that might work for us just as well, to save space and reduce clutter - whether it goes on 'standard' items page or 'non-standard' one. At best we can give a few examples... perhaps even, on the "Misc"-item page  (i.e. that ?-token single entry in the category, that currently has no item page of its own - we could put to good use that one).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #276 on: August 27, 2015, 02:10:09 pm »

@Nav: You removed 30 seconds of ammo from Judas' laser rifle when Steve said we'd have about 45 seconds once at the farming section. Not terribly important, but I think it would be better if you reduced that a bit.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:12 pm »

Alright, it is reduced a bit.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2015, 04:02:15 pm »

Alright, I still can't get the wiki to cooperate, so I think it might be best for someone else to do the synopsis and summaries for missions 23-25. The summary I wrote for 23 should be a bit back in the OOC, if that helps.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »

Alright, I still can't get the wiki to cooperate, so I think it might be best for someone else to do the synopsis and summaries for missions 23-25. The summary I wrote for 23 should be a bit back in the OOC, if that helps.
I think you mean 13, not 23.
Mission 13 already has a summary on the wiki, so I'm not sure what should be done.

@Swordsmith04 Are you sure you should be botting characters before confirmed necessary?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:51 am »

I meant 13-15, my mistake.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2015, 09:51:29 am »

@Swordsmith04 Are you sure you should be botting characters before confirmed necessary?
The default result is getting stuck in a robobody. Keeping/reacquiring a fleshy body is something they have to request, and I'm assuming they'll have to pay tokens, since their previous bodies were damaged on the cellular scale.

I wasn't going through and switching everyone over to robobodies, though. That was just two-edits-in-one while I was wikiing levelups.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2015, 10:42:32 am »

Getting into a robobody is semi-permanent decision, unlike keeping whatever's left of their fleshy body. Ideally the decision is made by the time they are brought back on board, based on their 'earlier wishes' (some people want to be botted no matter what, some want to keep as much flesh as possible; OOC say should probably be fine as retconned stand-in for their wishes, since most of the time such people can't wake up to make such a decision IC at the time). I don't think we are to make that decision for the people, but thankfully wiki changes is easy to roll back (unlike ER proper).

And I don't think that cellular damage would result in absolutely necessary robotification, unless it's extreme - we have those extremely good artificial stem-cell stand-ins (not fleshknitter; 'slowly recuperate in infirmary conditions' stuff, don't remember the name). It appears, though, that it's been quite some time since people spent time in healing tanks instead of going on missions right away...
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2015, 11:02:52 am »

*clears throat*

I hereby state that should my current character suffer major physical damage on M24 and other missions to come, she should be put into infirmary to restore her organic body.

signed, Comrade P.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »

Your request for treatment plan has been noted and memorized. It may or may not be applied.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34