Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47383 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:31 pm »

I think we can outright replace sheeps on M19 cheat sheep page. Dead are dead and their useable inventory is gone.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2015, 03:57:41 am »

I think we can outright replace sheeps on M19 cheat sheep page. Dead are dead and their useable inventory is gone.

Eh, I find it somewhat useful for record keeping to keep the cheat-sheets intact, even with dead characters.

My thought is, under the assumption that PW has something for the couple people going salvaging to *do* besides a corpse run, to add whoever's heading out there to the Mission 19 page, and then make a Mission 20 D(deflexula) page for the distraction mission, since it will start out together

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2015, 05:42:02 am »

My thought was that the distraction and rescue will take place in the mission 19 and on ship threads respectively, since they'll be doing M19's job, but their mission is sufficiently different and has its own briefing, therefore they should have a page of their own, at least for the distraction team.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »

Zoltan Solberg's wiki description now reflects his missing eye.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2015, 12:51:21 pm »

AttrP and its counterpart template seems to have troubles with quotation marks in page name. Especially when used with standard {{PAGENAMEE}} template. Just heads up.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2015, 02:39:19 pm »

Oh? Can you link to an example of it going wrong?

Oh, it's D'usse, isn't it... I'll go look into it. My solution is probably going to be to silently setup redirects for pages with quotes in the title.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:42:38 pm by Kriellya »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2015, 03:17:48 pm »

Nope, Comrade P.'s new character.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »

Hmm, it looks like it's working fine? I think it was probably just doing the weird display error it does if the Inv and Attr page don't exist yet.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2015, 06:10:42 pm »

No, if you check the history, you'll see there is a problem
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/%22Blind-right%22_Rimma_Vetrova?diff=prev&oldid=9507
that gets fixed when the page name is manually inserted here
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/index.php?title=%22Blind-right%22_Rimma_Vetrova&diff=9513&oldid=9507

PAGENAMEE should convert the page name to the correct format. At least, that's what I understood from what I read here
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:PAGENAMEE_encoding#PAGENAME
when I was creating the template.

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/%22Blind-right%22_Rimma_Vetrova/Inv
seems to work fine when I copy-paste it to my browser, and if you look at the link to the data page itself it displays fine too. Maybe templates require the names to be in a different format? One needs them percent encoded and the other HTML encoded? Is it better to use PAGENAME instead of PAGENAMEE? I don't know. I might try experimenting later.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2015, 06:32:56 pm »

I'd love to experiment now, but it looks like wikia's main datacenter went down, sooooo... :/

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2015, 09:08:51 pm »

Okay, back up, playing around.

Hmm. Ordinary {{PAGENAME}} seems to work correctly. So I guess it's expecting the input to be HTML encoded, at least for that parameter?

Whatever, we know in the future. I'll go update the New Character template, we'll see what breaks next.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2015, 12:39:17 pm »

I was reading wikia's manual, and it turns out there's a way to link only a part of a page to another page, by doing something like this:

Quote from: sourcepage
Alice
{{Sectionstart|sectionname}}
Foo
{{Sectionstart|sectionname2}}
Bar
{{Sectionend|sectionname}}
Baz
{{Sectionend|sectionname2}}
Bob
Quote from: dest code
{{Linksection|sourcepage|sectionname}}
Other text
{{Linksection|sourcepage|sectionname2}}
Quote from: dest
Foo
Bar
Other text
Bar
Baz

Do you think that's easier/better than having subpages and transcribing them whole? If yes, I can test it to make sure it works as advertised and write more instructions.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2015, 01:04:14 pm »

It is probably is easier when everything is on same page, and reduces amount of necessary edits. And perhaps it permits more free formatting on Cheat Sheep pages.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »

It is probably is easier when everything is on same page, and reduces amount of necessary edits. And perhaps it permits more free formatting on Cheat Sheep pages.

Ditto this, though I had thought we had a concern with subsections in inventory? Maybe we just need to add a Locker subsection to the template, and have people shove crap they're not carrying in there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2015, 07:55:36 am »

I guess we should highlight paris's character creator page a bit more. Looks like not all new guys are finding it.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34