Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47357 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »

Nah, no need to be all Nazi. Just keep the most important stuff on the top. And in my opinion, things like status effects and injuries should be as close to the top as possible, followed by armour, because they are the ones most likely to be important. Maybe someone should ask piecewise in IRC if he has any preferences.

Anyway, since it looks like there's no disagreement with the 2 part division, I'll start work on the templates and the cheat sheets for our current missions once I get back to my PC. The ones that maintain the inventories can decide how they want it to look, since they'll be doing most of the work anyway. "The ones that do the work should decide how the work should be done" I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2015, 07:34:48 pm »

Made test page for team 2: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_20/CS2#Flint_Westwood_.28Parisbre56.29
Feedback welcome.
I'll work on making the other templates once I get some sleep.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2015, 07:43:11 pm »

I like the side-by-side Attributes, it works especially well for the Cheat-Sheet, and looks pretty good on the main sheet as well. I feel the gap between them should be a bit smaller.

I personally like Aoshi's inventory sorting, it will make it easier to find the immediately relevant Items. But I don't know if the template needs to have that setup encoded into it.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:28 am »

Alright, I've started working on the new character page. It's ~half done in terms of information transfer, the formatting could use work. (in particular, I'd like to figure out how to get the table to 'stick' to the margins, so that all the tables look consistent.)

One thing I notice is that with the new organization, the 'status' field is redundant. Any suggestions for a replacement field, a new utility, or should I just remove the column altogether?

For the Dead section, I'm thinking I'll remove the 'appearance' and 'status' columns, and add in a 'cause of death' column, like the missionless dead table below it. May remove the profession as well, but I feel like there is still some use in that when the character had been on a mission.

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Character_Page
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:12:13 am by Kriellya »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 07:02:56 am »

@Paris: That cheat sheet page is looking great! I actually might consider creating wikipage for my game like Radio suggested and employing that template.

Is there a reason why you remove bulletpoints? Something breaking up?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:04:42 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:52 am »

I went with "Try to fit as much info in the screen as possible." because I find that easier to skim-read. I dunno, just my personal preference. I did it in a hurry so I did not have much time to try different looks.

Oh, I've also made the template make the letters slightly smaller than normal, once again in an attempt to try and fit as much as possible in the screen. If you think it makes it hard to read, just remove the
<div style="font-size:13px;">
from the CS template.

Like I said before, I won't be using the cheat sheet too much. I'll probably only use it if I have to come up with a battle plan and want to remember what everyone is carrying. Piecewise will be using it and the other wiki people who do all that work (thank you, by the way) will be updating it. So if anyone should decide how it looks, it's them.

EDIT: Should I put location info right below the player name or is that unnecessary info? Or should that be at the inv or attr section?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:37:25 am by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2015, 09:36:04 am »

During last on ship event pw lost track of who was where when shit hit the fan, so I suppose it is somewhat relevant info. However keeping track where everybody is tedious job.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 10:53:07 am »

Yeah, I don't think it would help much during this mission, so no reason to do it right now. We can just make different titles for different teams if we split up for some reason.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2015, 12:26:33 pm »

Constantly updating the locations of 40+ different characters? Please no.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »

How about this room number and password thing? Record it on every character's page or on separate one? Or don't record it?
Old sigs.
Games.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »

How about this room number and password thing? Record it on every character's page or on separate one? Or don't record it?

My plan is to not record it, or at least to not record the password. It depends on how PW responds to my action.

We may want to record the room #? I'm not sure.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 03:48:09 pm »

I'd say record the room numbers, yeah. If only so we can easily point out duplicates in the future.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:15 pm »

I've finished the cheat sheets, here are the pages:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_20_Gyromitra/CS
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_20_Snapdragon/CS
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_19/CS

I tried to keep only things that would be important for the mission in there.
I might have screwed something up while editing. Sorry if I messed up your page.
Tell me if there's something you think I should change. You're free to change the layout or anything else to whatever you think works best.

I'll send piecewise a PM to let him know about this.
Piecewise, if you're reading this, any feedback is welcome. Are the letters too small? Are there more things you want us to keep track of? Do you want to change anything?
If you notice anything wrong or want something changed while making a turn, just mention it in the turn with a [wiki] tag and someone should take care of it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2015, 12:03:28 am »

Lars sold his MkIII, and the Raduga is inscribed.  Everyone got a new MCP suit, right?  He'd be wearing it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2015, 04:22:58 am »

Lars sold his MkIII, and the Raduga is inscribed.  Everyone got a new MCP suit, right?  He'd be wearing it.
Okay then, I edited the page to reflect that.
Are your tokens right? Cause right now it shows 0.
Also, got the PEW inscribed with anything? And know how many coldplates  you have for it?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34