Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47382 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2015, 04:36:02 pm »

We add {{delete:reason}} or something simialar on the extra page.

Then presumably, I delete those pages sometime in the future. Should really get around to that when I get to a real computer again...

Just one thing: Check if deleting a page also deletes its history. If it does, then it might be better to not delete them to preserve their history record. At least for inventory and status pages.

Yeah, one reason I've been wary of deleting is the fear that something we could still need/want later might get accidentally lost, while just letting pages marked for deletion sit there doesn't really get in anyone's way. Though it's less tidy I guess.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2015, 04:53:40 pm »

The few pages I have marked for deletion and remember seeing are mostly totally unnecessary. Like duplicate level of unnecesary.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2015, 04:05:32 pm »

Paris: I think you should alter your character sheet javascript tool more towards new players. Old players who are playing have pretty much all handled the conversion already.

Hide "Points assigned" and "Enchanted capacity" columns and add a "Level up" checkbox controlling their visibility. And maybe add max and min values for "Initial level" fields to prevent changing them beyond permitted. Perhaps control those limits through the same checkbox?

And highlight more when numbers don't match. Bigger font, bold, colors...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »

Sure, I've been thinking about something like that myself, some sort of radio selector that changes mode. I was thinking character creation should be the default (maybe also add the option to output the results in bbcode and wikitext so that they can be easily copied), with a level up option also being available (I could alter the template to add HTML labels to the wiki so that someone can put a link to their character page and have a php or Java script load the info EDIT: Oh, or I could just make it add an easy to parse HTML comment, that would probably be much easier), while the converter remains on the page it is now for historical reasons (perhaps with a few upgrades of its own, if they are early transferable). Also changing the font and general layout of the thing, make it the black-and-limegreen combo that I like. Maybe also make it so that hovering over a stat or skill tells you a bit about it.

Just haven't really had much motivation to do that instead of other things. But it would be a good opportunity to get some practice with php/HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

If you have any more suggestions, please share them. I'll try to make a small list with all the features I and other people want and post it here for poet review when I get back to my PC
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:48:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2015, 07:20:58 pm »

Could I get a wiki gnome to add some text to the Gauss Rifle page? Council-approved variant with 3x the mag and 3x the rate of fire for 4 tokens, no overcharge, 2 tokens/mag, otherwise the same. Call it Repeating Gauss Rifle I guess.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2015, 01:10:34 pm »

I did some work changing the Character Calculator page and learning a bit more about HTML/CSS. I feel like I'm ready to start working on the new page, where I'll basically just rewrite it and the scripts in it to make it less of a mess and add a button or two that will switch modes, hide stuff and maybe load data from the wiki or export data in wiki-friendly or forum-friendly form. I might break it into multiple pages to make it easier.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2015, 02:40:58 pm »

I must say, those colors hurt my eyes...
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2015, 03:06:01 pm »

Really? I love them. But it's just my personal preference. I'll make the grayscale version the default one and add a button to change to the one I like.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »

How about now?

It's got a toggle button that selects either the white or the black style by changing the class of the body, with the default style being the white one. It saves the chosen style in a cookie so that you don't need to change it every time you visit the page. And you can easily add more styles via css (and adding them to a switch statement in the javascript part), if anyone wants to do that for whatever reason.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

It's perfect. Thank you, Paris!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2015, 12:55:41 am »

Yeah, better now.

But Anompalous Planetoid? That one popped up into my eyes.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2015, 07:16:21 am »

Yeah, better now.

But Anompalous Planetoid? That one popped up into my eyes.
Yeah, there were a lot of spelling mistakes. I passed it through a spell checker. I'll continue with splitting it up to a Character Creation page and Level Up page.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2015, 07:25:38 am »

on my monitor, both the white and the black are a little intense. Black is a bit better though. Could just be me, too. I am a little light sensitive.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2015, 07:44:55 am »

on my monitor, both the white and the black are a little intense. Black is a bit better though. Could just be me, too. I am a little light sensitive.
I don't know, I'm going with what I like and I'm not a really artistic person. My expertise in colours extends in "black is a nice colour, green is a nice colour, so putting two nice colours together will make something nice". Plus, the black and green reminds me of my first computer monitor, a big bulky thing that could only show black and green, which is also what Steve's green voice reminds me of.

If you have a better idea, then I can either give you access to the CSS file so that you can create whatever style you like, or, if you're using firefox, you can right click on the page, press inspect element, select the <body> tag and then mess with the CSS properties on the right until you get what you want and then post those here so I can add them as a style.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2015, 08:15:09 am »

One color scheme I like is Darkling theme of the forum. I have css for it somewhere...

Here.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34