Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47419 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2015, 12:00:06 am »

Hey Egan_BW. I see you added tokens for Gyromitra rescuers. While it is only fair they get 5 as well because Snapdragon got 5, did pw say they get 5? Because I have only seen him say 2 tokens.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2015, 01:55:25 am »

RC asked him, and didn't get an answer either way. I would ask him myself, but he's not been on IRC and I'm greedy enough not to go out of my way to steal tokens from myself.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2015, 04:33:36 am »

Can someone explain the category of 'Game' to me? It seems a little too all-encompassing (or ill-defined) to be meaningful, though I think I almost grok the idea behind it.

Furthermore, does the HMRC Pantheon belong to 'Background'? Sure, as cultural thing of the past, it is part of the background; but as a living faith of modern convicts, it feels more to the forefront of the story as player-driven thing - like, for example, Jim&Feyri's Medieval Tournament (which totally deserves a page of its own :P) or Notable Events. Maybe both 'Background' and some other category?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2015, 05:48:16 am »

RC asked him, and didn't get an answer either way. I would ask him myself, but he's not been on IRC and I'm greedy enough not to go out of my way to steal tokens from myself.

So..  PW says you get 2, you think you should have gotten 5, so you give yourself five.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2015, 06:22:16 am »

Can someone explain the category of 'Game' to me? It seems a little too all-encompassing (or ill-defined) to be meaningful, though I think I almost grok the idea behind it.

Furthermore, does the HMRC Pantheon belong to 'Background'? Sure, as cultural thing of the past, it is part of the background; but as a living faith of modern convicts, it feels more to the forefront of the story as player-driven thing - like, for example, Jim&Feyri's Medieval Tournament (which totally deserves a page of its own :P) or Notable Events. Maybe both 'Background' and some other category?

Categories are little iffy currently. They need to be reworked, especially "Game" and "Background". Those two are kind of dump-categories where everything else not in armory, characters or missions go.

So..  PW says you get 2, you think you should have gotten 5, so you give yourself five.

Personally I think they too deserve same payment as Snapdragon rescuers which is why I haven't done anything about it. But on the other hand 5 tokens is baseline mission payment again, and rescuers didn't get full level up, then Snapdragon rescue team shouldn't get 5 tokens but rather two like Gyromitra rescue team did. But Snapdragon set precedent for getting out earlier.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2015, 06:23:50 am »

Plus, "Qui tacet consentit". To expand on that, he most likely had many chances to voice any concerns he had, unless he somehow missed all of the great many posts that referred to the matter. Therefore, if someone has a chance to object to something and doesn't, it's assumed they give at least grudging consent.

And about categories, we could start by editing the category pages and putting a description of what's supposed to be there.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:31:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2015, 06:46:41 am »

So, that's three data points that agree with each other, then.  Two partial level ups, one partial payment.  There is one disagreement.  The disagreement is decided to be correct, and used to justify a wiki maintainer giving additional payment to his character.

Secondly, PW is busy with the mission changeover, and under these circumstances, I don't think him not saying something about what is at best, a tertiary priority for him can justify overriding what he has already said about the matter.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2015, 09:00:05 am »

Not his character. Everyone with him.
I don't exactly agree with the course of action he chose, I would had kept posting actions until piecewise responded or stop posting actions and accept unfair payment because piecewise looked busy.
But I also won't take action that would result in essentially punishing the rescue team because their players did more and risked more for the mission.
And I feel that piecewise would agree with the fact they did more.
So unless he indicates he wants another solution to this  problem, there's not much I can do about it. It's a moral conflict where every choice has a good chance of being wrong, so the best choice is to do nothing and have everyone remain content with the current situation which doesn't seem to be bothering anyone.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:07 am »

PM asking for clarification sent. Now was that so hard?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:02 am »

Yes.

And every bit of debate was necessary :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:39 am »

Alright, give them 5. I'd actually prefer to just give the other team 2 instead, but their money is probably already spent.

Boom. That's how long it takes.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2015, 12:46:39 pm »

I am working on an atrocity. It makes me so happy XD

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:11 pm »

So, I thought I should ask here since this is the wiki thread, but can someone- assuming my new character is alright stat-wise, that is- make a new wiki page for my new character?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »

Please people, your enthusiasm is appreciated, but try not to edit the wiki at the same time and create multiple pages when only one is needed:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Cthunkan
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Gestalt
EDIT: And also, I think Charisma is a physical stat? Since it's about how "cool" you are? You might want to ask piecewise about which of those are physical.
EDITEDIT: @Kriellya: Also, any idea about how you are planning to make the template work?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:58:40 pm by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

Charisma is a mental stat, I think, since it's also about knowing how to act and convince people of things. It's both Charisma and Speech from the old system.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34