Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Void•Black: A Hard Science Fiction Adventure  (Read 19794 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Void•Black: A Hard Science Fiction Adventure
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2015, 03:18:57 am »

Placing his magazine back in his stash, he got up and stretched. What to do, he asked himself, what to do. Maybe he should have a safety talk. Mostly precautionary; he knew pirates weren't likely to attack this ship. He should know. Despite what movies would have him think, pirates aren't the roguish heroes portrayed by handsome actors; mostly the crew he was with just smuggled.

Nonetheless, a nice safety talk would pass the time, and make it look like he was working hard. He went to the PA to announce that he'd be having a safety chat with all of them in the canteen.

EDIT: Edited my action to use the PA.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:42:47 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:38 am »

Placing his magazine back in his stash, he got up and stretched. What to do, he asked himself, what to do. Maybe he should have a safety talk. Mostly precautionary; he knew pirates weren't likely to attack this ship. He should know. Despite what movies would have him think, pirates aren't the roguish heroes portrayed by handsome actors; mostly the crew he was with just smuggled.

Nonetheless, a nice safety talk would pass the time, and make it look like he was working hard. He went out of his room to gather round the crew to give them a nice chat.

((Do I have access to some kind of PA? So I can like, talk to everyone at once?))
Yeah there's a PA. There are portable hand radios like the Bluetooth thing Raker clipped to his ear that you can use to communicate to other remote devices, or to make general announcements on the PA. I don't know what Raker's policy is on their use, though.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2015, 05:04:58 am »

((Even if he doesn't like it, Chainsaw would still do it for kicks :P And to generally be loud.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 06:28:04 am »

((Even if he doesn't like it, Chainsaw would still do it for kicks :P And to generally be loud.))
Yeah and you're pals with Raker, so he'd be tolerant. I think you should go for it.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2015, 07:23:55 am »

Amaani looked at the systems, relieved now, that the systems seemed to be working. After that, she thought about Peter. She wondered about his mysterious past, and how he seemed to know so much. Amaani then went to the astrogating desk, and began to wonder where they would chart course to first. Still nervous, she took a deep breath and exhaled. Then, she said a prayer. While not particularly religious, she decided this was a good as time as any, to pray for a safe voyage.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2015, 03:03:58 pm »

((Pyosting to wyatch))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:15 pm »

Waiting on SerCon, Draig, and Tiruin. I do believe Tiruin is supposed to be getting improved internet soon (yay!).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2015, 11:17:52 pm »

(I can't really think of anything for her to do while she's waiting for launch, and the turn kind of implied she was going back to sleep. >.>' Guess I'll just do that.)

Elizabeth resumes attempting to sleep it off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »

((Sorry, I've been catching 12 hour shifts like you would not believe. Been kinda out of it. Doesn't seem like there's a lot for me to do here until Tir does her posting.))

Nonetheless, a nice safety talk would pass the time, and make it look like he was working hard. He went out of his room to gather round the crew to give them a nice chat.

((Do I have access to some kind of PA? So I can like, talk to everyone at once?))
Yeah there's a PA. There are portable hand radios like the Bluetooth thing Raker clipped to his ear that you can use to communicate to other remote devices, or to make general announcements on the PA. I don't know what Raker's policy is on their use, though.

((Blackjack is chill about the use of the PA for a useful purpose. Do not use the PA when you're drunk, do not use the PA as a tool to get the last word in on argument, do not use the PA because you're bored, and do not use the PA because you're lonely and no one actually wants to talk to you in person.))

Amaani looked at the systems, relieved now, that the systems seemed to be working. After that, she thought about Peter. She wondered about his mysterious past, and how he seemed to know so much. Amaani then went to the astrogating desk, and began to wonder where they would chart course to first. Still nervous, she took a deep breath and exhaled. Then, she said a prayer. While not particularly religious, she decided this was a good as time as any, to pray for a safe voyage.

((My last post mentioned that we're going to Opal, so that's a good place to start working.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2015, 08:09:14 pm »

((Sorry, I've been catching 12 hour shifts like you would not believe. Been kinda out of it. Doesn't seem like there's a lot for me to do here until Tir does her posting.))
((TELL ME ABOUT IT. I've been working 10s for a week and a half, and there's no sign of stopping.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2015, 08:15:20 pm »

(I can't really think of anything for her to do while she's waiting for launch, and the turn kind of implied she was going back to sleep. >.>' Guess I'll just do that.)

Elizabeth resumes attempting to sleep it off.
((Oh. I assumed you didn't want to go anywhere, since I said your character wasn't feeling too bad, but you decided to hold your tummy and watch the robit. I was kind of disappointed. Please do stuff if you want to, you don't have to sit in bed.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:19 pm »

((TELL ME ABOUT IT. I've been working 10s for a week and a half, and there's no sign of stopping.))
((Totally awaiting Draig to initiate the conversation c: I'm OK with anything he has to say though [also I feel that pain. Busy busy = you get to learn how to organize your life :D]))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2015, 10:26:21 pm »

((*Grumble grumble* turn said that you were the one with questions *grumble grumble premature cantankerousness*))

Blackjack turned his attention back to the painting. He didn't know much about art, but he know what he liked. Unfortunately, this wasn't a piece that struck his fancy. He could tell that it was made with a great deal of skill and care, but there was nothing about it that resonated with him. Still, it was a skilled piece.

Raker turned back to Dr. Atreides, a familiar smiling creasing his face. "Glad you've gotten yourself settled in, doc. Adjusting to life up on a vessel can be... difficult at first, and it only gets more interesting from there on." Blackjack shook his head, his smile turning somewhat rueful. "Which is actually what I came to see you about. It isn't a small thing to spend a year on a transport, even when you've got the occasional stops to stretch legs. Some people take it well, some people don't, and some people go axe crazy. I know Chai- Sawyer will stay as stable as he ever is, but everyone else is pretty green to long haul missions. I understand confidentiality, but I'm going to need you to keep an eye on the new blood. If they start to show signs of fracturing, I can help. I wasn't born a spacer, and I know what the adjustment is like." Robert stopped for a moment, his eyes drawn back to the bed that Helen had brought. "That goes for you as well. I know you probably haven't gone many long tours in space, so don't wait to ask if you need help adjusting. This is a new crew, so there are going to be some screw-ups in the beginning, but I'd like to stave them off as long as possible. Understood?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2015, 11:13:47 pm »

((Blackjack is chill about the use of the PA for a useful purpose. Do not use the PA when you're drunk, do not use the PA as a tool to get the last word in on argument, do not use the PA because you're bored, and do not use the PA because you're lonely and no one actually wants to talk to you in person.))

This is, like, Chainsaw's to-do list. :p
Dying of laughter?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2015, 04:03:07 am »

((*Grumble grumble* turn said that you were the one with questions *grumble grumble premature cantankerousness*))
((I took the turn to say you had the initiative. Oops! x_x))

Helen followed Blackjack's words, painting the imagery in mind along with temporal resonance in predicting the schedule of a crewman in a day, repeated over time towards a month, then over time towards a year.

Her thoughts wandered towards every minute gesture he made--every hint of his judgement towards her choices--and found much insight in those tiny, unspoken indications. She had a job to do, and she nodded her affirmant to the captain.

"I'll take care of the crew as well as keep periodic check-ups with activities for their health. Completely understood Captain. This is a small ship, and monotony may get to their regular patterns. I...just have a few questions: Could I have the same rate of pay as the crew here? I've checked my finances and I'm happy with donating five thousand towards the needs of the ship. If you...would think of it this way--I'm planning to stay for the long-term with your venture, and I've been wondering about your plans with any improvements made for this voyage."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17