Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Goku vs Superman  (Read 20148 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2015, 07:35:27 pm »

I was meaning the animated series, yes. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2015, 07:50:53 pm »

How can you defeat this guy?

It helps that the JLA fights people's whose only general ability isn't just being able to shoot beams of kinetic energy really well.

But on a more serious level. While he indeed has all those powers he still needs to actually use them.

He could be invulnerable perfectly but that is what I call the "Captain America's Shield" fallacy. Sure Captain America can block anything directed at his shield, but he still needs to actually block it with his shield. (Damn it Death Battle Link WOULD NOT be able to block the Omnislash midair)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:53:02 pm by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »

Well, amusingly, one of the manifestations of MM's "weakness to fire" has him vulnerable only to "Fires of psychic significance", which the Z-fighters can produce in fairly copious abundance.

Taking a kameameha (sp?) right in the face could be an "awakening experience" for him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »

DC Martians aren't weak to fire, it actually unlocks their hax superpowered form that's nearly unkillable called the Burning; the fear of fire was psychically implanted in them ... somehow. I forget.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2015, 08:11:28 pm »

Well, amusingly, one of the manifestations of MM's "weakness to fire" has him vulnerable only to "Fires of psychic significance", which the Z-fighters can produce in fairly copious abundance.

Taking a kameameha (sp?) right in the face could be an "awakening experience" for him.

You are aware that their attacks are force right? not heat.

Dabura is the only DBZ villain who ever attacked with any sort of heat and to my knowledge he is dead, never brought back to life, and never even got to land his attack.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2015, 08:21:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure that ki attacks generate thermal heat to some degrees. That's how Buu and Cell were killed, I think, because ki attacks in those instances worked like lasers rather than hammers, not to mention the fact that whenever someone gets shot in the back by a generic ki blast or something you always see smoking clothes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2015, 08:47:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure that ki attacks generate thermal heat to some degrees. That's how Buu and Cell were killed, I think, because ki attacks in those instances worked like lasers rather than hammers, not to mention the fact that whenever someone gets shot in the back by a generic ki blast or something you always see smoking clothes.

No Buu and Cell were killed because the beams had enough force to disintegrate them to basic components like atoms and molecules.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2015, 11:49:17 pm »

because he's a Jesus expy
He's much closer to Moses with maybe a bit of Samson.
Wondie is totally Jesus, however.

Edit: Is this man seriously shittalking the fucken Karate Kid? No. He's the best at future space martial arts, deal with it, he's amazing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:39:22 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2015, 12:37:42 am »

If you want the Martian Manhunter dead, you'll need a singularity projector or maybe a soliton device (standing waves of space time don't care what your immune to, your molecular bonds just break).  I hate the MM almost as much as I hate Goku and Supes.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2015, 01:05:49 am »

MM isn't interesting in a powerlevel way at all, I agree, but I find him fascinating as a character; he has some really interesting interactions with the rest of the DC universe.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2015, 01:20:23 am »

No Buu and Cell were killed because the beams had enough force to disintegrate them to basic components like atoms and molecules.
Buu was killed because he was hit by a Spirit Bomb, though. That attack has some special anti-evil properties which made it possible to actually kill Buu. I'm not sure if any other option would've worked, because Buu regenerated after being reduced to fine mist.
._.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2015, 02:13:06 am »

Oh yeah!

Right after Vegeta an heroed Buu, Piccolo and some other guy came over to zap up what remained of Buu so he wouldn't regenerate. Now, he still managed to do so out of the vapour but that's not important - what's important is that their ki attacks vaporised him, as in burned him so much he turned into gas. Therefore, ki attacks have heat.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:51 am »

Oh yeah!

Right after Vegeta an heroed Buu, Piccolo and some other guy came over to zap up what remained of Buu so he wouldn't regenerate. Now, he still managed to do so out of the vapour but that's not important - what's important is that their ki attacks vaporised him, as in burned him so much he turned into gas. Therefore, ki attacks have heat.

It isn't a burning effect basically what it does is separate each molecule apart.

You can see a lesser version of it when they power up. Notice how the rocks float, crumble into smaller and smaller rocks?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2015, 04:01:55 am »

While Gohan and Goku were in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Gohan tried cooking a piece of meat by throwing it up in the air and ki blasting it. He overdid it and it was burned but it definitely proves that ki blasts give off thermal energy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2015, 04:08:09 am »

Gohan also used a ki blast to cook a piece of meat back in volume 2 of DBZ, during the Saiyan saga.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14