Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Goku vs Superman  (Read 20164 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:11 am »

Hyperbolic Time Chamber IIRC has gravity increasing the further you're away from the entrance.
._.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:04 am »

Yah, that's what I recall, and the DB wiki agrees, so it isn't really easy to make a good claim based on gravities.  It would be nice if there were a baseline that could be used between the two, but I despair of finding one.

I'd rather find out how badly Vegeta would brutally murder (or be casually crushed by, therefore causing an even more insane training regiment so he could defeat) Supes actually.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:47:39 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:24 am »

It is pretty impossible...

Even given that it is impossible to find a baseline for Superman against himself.

In a not so recent storyline for example Superman was hit with two entire planets colliding with each other at cosmic speeds... and they treat this like it very well could have killed Superman.

Yet he has taken the "force of a supernova" before in the same continuity. Which... should be more powerful? (Then again... I calculated the force of impact and it gets crazy insane numbers that might as well be useless...)

Or in Dragon Ball Z with some attacks that will "Destroy the earth OHH MY GAWD!" but aren't very strong... and some which are VERY powerful but apparently only destroy like... a small plot of ground.

Or worse in the Buu Arc where they outright state how heavy the weights are attached to his arms and legs.

---

That said I would like to see a Superman and Goku crossover... In the sense that I think they would work well together.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:54:31 am by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2015, 09:55:40 am »

Goku teams up with Supes to finally end Darkseid once and for all?  Could be amusing, but Darkseid would needa pretty crazy power-up to fight Goku and Supes.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2015, 09:59:15 am »

Goku teams up with Supes to finally end Darkseid once and for all?  Could be amusing, but Darkseid would needa pretty crazy power-up to fight Goku and Supes.

Not really, he is already several times stronger than Superman... sometimes.

What I love is in the Superman to JLA shows an interesting progression.

But just make Darkseid the power house he is supposed to be.

Heck TECHNICALLY Omegavision could one hit kill Goku... just teleport him inside an exploding sun (Omegavision can teleport). But why he doesn't do that more often is beyond me... and since Omegavision cannot miss... except when it does. and you have a genuine threat to Goku.

The only opponent of Goku's who ever had a gimmick that could just instantly kill him was back in Dragonball.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:02:49 am by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:21 am »

Superman + DBZ crossover predictions:

If set in DBZ universe:

Bulma finds superman irresistibly attractive in his skin tight spandex, but finds Clark Kent to be a dweeb.
Vegeta finds Clark Kent to be suspicious, and "up to something." Swears the death of Superman, and praises that superman's planet was destroyed.
Gigi hates superman, but likes Clark Kent, and tells Gohan that he needs to study in school so he can grow up to be successful like him.
Goku asks Clark Kent to go with him for martial arts training, which Kent "tactfully" refuses.
Piccolo determines that Clark Kent is actually Superman, but says nothing, feeling it is patently obvious to anyone who pays attention.
Krillan is oblivious to the whole thing, but suspects that Clark Kent must be a powerful fighter after running into him (physically, like through a doorway.)
Gohan's exposure to Clark Kent (and discovery of his being superman) provides the impetus for his later creating the persona of "Super Saya-man"
Lex Luthor shows up as a cameo holding kryptonite, but gets defeated by krillan. This is how the Zfighters discover that Kent is really superman. Prior to this, Master Roshi and Luthor discuss the finer points of Penthouse and Hustler, while Hercule declares himself to be Superman.

I'll let somebody else predict what it would be like in superman's universe.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:15 am »

That is absolutely freakin' hilarious weird.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2015, 10:44:36 am »

How has superman's depicted strength varied through the years anyway? I only know it ranges from the first depictions of just being able to lift cars and withstand normal bullets to completely absurd such as throwing around planets, surviving supernova explosions and cruising faster than light.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:36 am »

Also, does this include bizarro superman?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2015, 01:35:43 pm »

Or in Dragon Ball Z with some attacks that will "Destroy the earth OHH MY GAWD!" but aren't very strong... and some which are VERY powerful but apparently only destroy like... a small plot of ground.

The way I justify it (ignoring what they say about power levels) is that there's an element of technique that we're not seeing. Vegeta destroying a big city in his first appearance is impressive to the viewer, but he's really not doing anything that amazing; he's just using regular energy blasts or whatever, and he has the endurance to do that sort of thing. However, when a later villain does an attack that doesn't look nearly as impressive to us, the protagonists are stunned by the efficiency of the attack. Piccolo's big secret weapon that takes down Raditz requires several minutes to charge up and leaves him fairly drained; later villains are able to do the same sort of move near-instantly without a noticeable impact on their energy. My theory is that they're able to do more powerful moves with less energy because they're better with the technique.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:19:11 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2015, 01:57:32 pm »

The only opponent of Goku's who ever had a gimmick that could just instantly kill him was back in Dragonball.
Destructo disks don't count?
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2015, 01:58:53 pm »

When has that ever killed anyone?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »

Destructo discs definitely count.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2015, 02:05:09 pm »

When has that ever killed anyone?

Krillin's Destructo Disk managed to cut through Frieza. Pretty safe bet it could kill Goku if Krillin got the drop on him.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14