Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Goku vs Superman  (Read 20126 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goku vs Superman
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:18:41 am »

So who here thinks Goku can beat Superman, especially now that Goku has become a Super Saiyan God?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:21:04 am »

You are aware that "Super Saiyan God" is on par with SSJ4 right? :P

Superman is really too inconsistent and Goku is too "vague".

For example Gotenks get hit by an Artillery cannon and it almost knocks him out.

What hurts this the most is Akira is TERRIBLE with conceptualizing certain things by giving it hard numbers. Goku's "Lift" in the Buu Saga is... not as impressive as it would sound.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:25:04 am by Neonivek »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:35:32 am »

I've heard that SSG provides a power multiplication ten times better than SS4. Wouldn't that make a difference?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:39:23 am »

Both vary by such a large degree it's impossible to say who'd win.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 04:56:48 am »

Somebody did a video of that actually, and while DBZ fanboys might rage about their decisions, I think I agree with their basic ideas. Their idea is that without either of them knowing the other's weaknesses ahead of time Superman ends up "winning" due to a basic thing. While Goku has the Saiyan ability to break any limit placed on him, Superman has no limits. Superman's story has always been one of infinite power pushed into an immigrant scenario, while Goku's has been one of meeting a limit, smashing his face into it, and training to overcome it.

It's like comparing "infinity" with 1+1+1+1+... Sure, they both go on forever to the point that comparisons are worthless, but if you ever pause at any given point in the addition the infinity will always be greater than the series. At "best" you get a situation where Superman is constantly beating Goku into the dirt, but is unable to ever finish him off completely because Goku keeps leveling up. The battle would never really end, but there would never be a situation where Goku was "winning" or even "equal" with Superman, because the only way for 1+1+1+1+... to equal "infinity" is for the addition (the battle) to go on for an infinite amount of time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:11:21 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 05:11:30 am »

I've heard that SSG provides a power multiplication ten times better than SS4. Wouldn't that make a difference?

Given that SS4 doesn't exactly exist... But no, that was just made up by using the typical pattern of each transformation being x10 more powerful then the last.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:36:05 am »

So who here thinks Goku can beat Superman, especially now that Goku has become a Super Saiyan God?
Should've waited for a few days to reveal that Goku has become a Super Saiyan Beyond God with cool blue aura attached?

Also SSJG is not just a power multiplication, it's totally different because it gives you god powers and that basically negates every attack without god powers. Which means that most versions of Superman are boned.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 06:57:54 am »

Should've waited for a few days to reveal that Goku has become a Super Saiyan Beyond God with cool blue aura attached?

Also SSJG is not just a power multiplication, it's totally different because it gives you god powers and that basically negates every attack without god powers. Which means that most versions of Superman are boned.

Now we are hitting what I call Literal versus Practical

For example in Buffy there was a demon who was specifically indestructible... nothing could harm him. How did she defeat such a demon? Armor Piercing Rocket because his "invincibility" was not a literal invincibility.

Also I never heard that "immune to anything that isn't god powers" part.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 07:12:57 am »

Now we are hitting what I call Literal versus Practical

For example in Buffy there was a demon who was specifically indestructible... nothing could harm him. How did she defeat such a demon? Armor Piercing Rocket because his "invincibility" was not a literal invincibility.

Also I never heard that "immune to anything that isn't god powers" part.
SSJG powers are not just another SSJ transformation with multiplier because when Goku is in this mode, his power cannot be sensed at all. Means it's totally different to the normal kind of power that everyone in DBZ uses.

The "immune to anything that isn't god powers" is a slight exaggeration, but Beerus has ignored (as in, they didn't do any damage) all normal non-godly attacks. And casually wiped the floor with every non-godly character, sometimes with only a finger flick.

Seeing as Superman gets his power from stars... eh, I'm sure he can manage to fight for at least a minute.
._.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 07:36:54 am »

Superman's story has always been one of infinite power pushed into an immigrant scenario, while Goku's has been one of meeting a limit, smashing his face into it, and training to overcome it.

I think that this is like... A okay stance to take. Although it's not the be all end all that it seems. That might be like, the original superman story idea or something, but superman has certainly not had super infinite power all the time, often his power level works exactly like Goku's, which is it's just not enough until something happens and then it is enough. Which is enough to make me think that "too vague to tell" is probably correct, just because superman is totally vague.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:23 am »

I think OP is wondering who would win a ventriloquist tournament.
Love, scriver~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 08:58:19 am »

SSJG powers are not just another SSJ transformation with multiplier because when Goku is in this mode, his power cannot be sensed at all. Means it's totally different to the normal kind of power that everyone in DBZ uses.

The "immune to anything that isn't god powers" is a slight exaggeration, but Beerus has ignored (as in, they didn't do any damage) all normal non-godly attacks. And casually wiped the floor with every non-godly character, sometimes with only a finger flick.
Just because his power can't be sensed doesn't mean that his powers make him immune to regular attacks. The androids, for instance, use artificial ki that can't be sensed by the fighters, not because it's so uber-powerful but simply because it's different.

He's ignored all those attacks because he's just that much more powerful - not because he's immune. Remember when Jeice punched Goku full in the face and Goku was entirely unfazed? Not immune - just overwhelmingly more powerful than him. Also, let's try to keep the Revival of Frieza spoilers out until it's actually released and we all have a chance to watch it. (By 'actually released' I mean released in English dub. I watched Son Goku and Friends Return in English sub because I wanted to watch it and see if the subs were ok (Aot was my first and only time watching Eng sub and it was decent (English was still more enjoyable, though)) and....they were AWFUL GOD DAMN I'M NEVER TOUCHING DBZ IN JAPANESE DUB EVER AGAIN.)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:19:42 am »

There's also the fact that nobody from DBZ fighters could sense the power level of SSJG transformation. And Goku wasn't suppressing it.

This is the opposite of what usually happens after a SSJ transformation. Means that it's a different nature.
._.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 09:42:10 am »

This has already been tested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyl97TG8jbA
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 09:44:26 am »

._.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14