Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Goku vs Superman  (Read 20161 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2015, 02:23:34 pm »

Considering that Freiza was able to maintain his own vital processes with (lent by Goku) ki energy, I see no reason to assume that the stupidly OP nature of the majority of DB/Z inhabitants isn't due to replacing their normal vital energy with pure ki.

Well ignoring two things
1) Freiza was lying
and
2) Freiza is an alien with the anatomy to survive in the depths of space and while it isn't said I assume she is capable of FTL travel innately. It isn't inconceivable that she can survive from her injuries, even that extensively, so long as she has the energy to cauterize.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »

Does Goku happen to have kryptonite on him?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2015, 02:46:50 pm »

Considering that Freiza was able to maintain his own vital processes with (lent by Goku) ki energy, I see no reason to assume that the stupidly OP nature of the majority of DB/Z inhabitants isn't due to replacing their normal vital energy with pure ki.

Well ignoring two things
1) Freiza was lying
and
2) Freiza is an alien with the anatomy to survive in the depths of space and while it isn't said I assume she is capable of FTL travel innately. It isn't inconceivable that she can survive from her injuries, even that extensively, so long as she has the energy to cauterize.

Androids 19 and 20 had the ability to absorb Ki energy and add it to their own power. Since Cell also claims to be an Android but is biological in nature (cloned from many sources), it's possible that Androids 16 through 20 were also at least partly biological, meaning that 19 and 20 might have been using some biological mechanism to turn Ki directly into power.

On the other hand, Cell might just be misunderstanding his own nature; according to exposition in DBZ Kai (the original, not the dub), he woke up in a laboratory with absolutely no context as to his own creation. There's no hard definition of what "Android" means in the Dragon Ball universe; at one point, Piccolo says that they could either be cyborgs or robots.

And on the other other hand, none of the people who do any of the fighting in Dragon Ball are scientists. If anybody would know anything about Androids it'd probably be Bulma, not Piccolo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2015, 02:48:01 pm »

16 is purely technological, hence why he cannot be revived.

I assume the androids are purely technological except for Cell.

I heard 18 was wished to be a real woman... was that true?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:54:32 pm by Neonivek »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2015, 02:56:19 pm »

...Yes?  It's a somewhat major plot element in the Buu arc...
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2015, 06:02:21 pm »

Does Goku happen to have kryptonite on him?
Nope, they're just fighting each-other.

As for the talk about ki, ki is indeed derived from basic biological processes like eating but it's also taken from simply having a strong body, it's restored by rest (so similar to sleep, maybe, which we know nothing about), and it's at least partially spiritual. It's been shown in the show that having the right emotions in the right amounts can increase someone's power tremendously - not just ki, but also speed, strength, and durability, though the latter three's increases could be derived from the former's increase. See: Vegeta (Battle of Gods)

...Yes?  It's a somewhat major plot element in the Buu arc...
It is never a major plot point in any of the arcs. It can't even be called a plot point, seeing as her biological nature doesn't influence the plot in the slightest. I will say that her ki source is NOT biological because it can't be sensed by the....what are we calling them again? Z Warriors? Z Fighters? Main characters?

(Suppaman, on the other hand, Goku could whip one-handed)
Forget Goku, HERCULE could beat Superman! He broke like 16 of them with just one hand! Actually, that's the thing I like about Hercule. Compared to the Z Warriors he is absolutely NOTHING to them but he's actually a legitimately good fighter. If he were alive IRL he would actually and legitimately be the world's martial arts champion. Just compare him to normal humans instead of anime heroes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2015, 06:03:00 pm »

As far as I know, the ONLY example of a DB character coming into direct contact with lava is from episode 50 of the original DB animation

Not quite direct contact, but possibly relevant: Brolly has a scene where he's hanging out submerged under lava inside an aura bubble.

This energy disparity indicates that Ki energy violates the second law, or at least violates the energy conservation law.  As a consequence, even with horribly inefficient mechanisms in action, a well-trained user of ki energy could become all-powerful by learning to control their own metabolic processes using their own ki energy in a regenerative fashion.  Given that release of thermal energy is not observed with well focused attacks, it looks like a dead ringer for second law violation, and that you can get much bigger energy events than what you put in, indicates energy conservation violation. BOTH appear to be present in order for the observed phenomena to be seen.

Namekians don't need to eat

I propose that chi in Dragonball is not a result of digesting food. It's the result of channeling an external ambient energy. This is also why Dragonball characters are able to "power up" by meditating, and why eating isn't necessary after a battle. Sometimes a character depleted of energy after a fight can simply rest for a while to recharge. So, imagine that they have physical bodies that need food, yes. But imagine that they also have internal chi "batteries" that draw on ambient energy, and that tend to recharge over time.

Can't give any canon confirmation of that theory, but it does reconcile what we see in the show.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2015, 06:08:55 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:21:41 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2015, 06:10:20 pm »

Not quite direct contact, but possibly relevant: Brolly has a scene where he's hanging out submerged under lava inside an aura bubble.
NO MORE LAVA TALK.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2015, 07:06:26 pm »

Namekians don't have to eat solid food.

They gain their sustenance from water. Lots of minerals in water.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:08 pm »

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2015, 10:01:12 pm »

I actually do think SSG Goku could beat Superman in a fight. Assuming it provides a x100 boost to SS3 compared to SS4's x10 and assuming we're going with Death Battle, Goku would be about 13 billion km/h faster than Superman and would basically be untouchable. Not only that, but it would also be possible to instant transmission/god-version kamehameha right in Superman's face. I doubt Superman could survive that, especially if kaioken was used.

EDIT: Also, if this fight were taking place in the TTGL universe, Goku would win. If it's a case where it's ∞ vs 1+1+1+1.... it's been proven that the latter would beat the former, as shown in the fight between the Anti-Spiral and Team Dai-Gurren.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:03:15 pm by Andres »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2015, 10:05:15 pm »

There's also dende's ki based healing ability, and the namekian elder's ability to unlock "hidden potential" in others. Both would be modifications of biological processes (requring non-trivial amounts of energy) directly using Ki energy.

It really is based on the chinese mysticism idea, since the whole series is a wink and nod at Journey to the West. (Goku gets his name from this piece of ancient chinese literature, since when he was found, he had a monkey's tail.) 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2015, 10:29:56 pm »

Actually, I think Dende and Super Kami Guru's abilities are magic-based, rather than ki-based.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2015, 10:32:28 pm »

Superman wins, because he's backed by the writers and won't have to train for a season to beat Goku.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14