Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Revival  (Read 11946 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Meet the Team
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 03:30:42 am »

Oh god damn it. It's a crisis situation and all they can do is panic like complete morons. Beans is probably trying to peddle his shit again. I'll let it go for now, there are more important things to be done. Oh, hey, looks like Jim made it out.

God damn it. That crazy guy and the useless kid made it out too. My job just became a lot more annoying.

Joshua lets out a loud, weary-sounding sigh, while walking over to where Jim Henson is.

"Okay, people! This is no time for panic! We'll need to find food and other necessities, so I need you to calm down. You'll have time to see whether your friends and relatives made it out later."

"It looks like our resident radio nerd George over here found some radio chatter about 3 days hiking south, so that's our best bet for survival. Let's get moving."

For now, calm down these fools.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:44:55 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 05:15:50 am »

"I'm well thanks, Mr. Cadwell" Owen replies politely. He listens to one of the men shouting about how they should start making their way to what Cadwell heard over the radio and frowns slightly. "Uh, I don't know... Mr. Ashwood, is it? These people might not be all that friendly towards us. I mean, we've been holed up in that shelter for years, and people who didn't get in might be a bit pissed off at us." He shakes his head as if disappointed at any who might think like this then continues. "I think it might be better if we sent some people ahead to find out what they can about this place while holing everyone else up somewhere around here. Anyway, a few scouts would move much faster than a hundred people and could come back with info about the terrain along the way. If we do send some people I volunteer as one of them."

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2015, 06:44:03 am »

"Security Guy, about food, remember 'Black and Blue makes a stew, Black and Yellow Kills a fella' ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:46:07 am by LORD GOAT THE 120524TH »
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 06:49:33 am »

"That's a good point you're raising there. Still, we have only a few days worth of food and water. What if we come back from this recon of yours and find the rest of us on the brink of death?"

"Well, if this idea of yours goes through, I'll join the scouting party too."

Joshua turns towards Dale and responds to his question.

"As I said just now, it appears that we have only a few days worth of it. I'm sure at least some of us have the knowledge necessary to gather edible berries and such, perhaps even hunt some animals, if any survived the nukes, so that might increase the amount slightly."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2015, 06:51:37 am »

"Well if I may interject. After the fire dies down some of the survivors might be able to use the first floor of the vault for protection, I think. There could be enough food to last them a short while if they resort to foraging berries and other forest produce."

After thinking for a moment he continues.

"But we still should find other people, if ANYONE is alive out there for 8 years then they have to got fresh water and some kind of crops or livestock.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:53:20 am by akkudakku »

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 07:55:47 am »

Try and remember what my grandpappy said to do in order to make a makeshift fishing hook.
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 10:39:02 am »

"Right now, we shouldn't be talking about that. Those people, whoever they are, are far enough away that we'll all be dead by the time you get there. We need to focus on finding water, setting up some basic shelter, and then we can go looking for them."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »

Dale turns to Jim.
"That's what I'm talking about!"Dale gives a small smile."You ever gone campin'?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »

"Yes! Nice job, Olivia.

...Uh, I don't really care what we do. Gimme a job and I'll get it done, I guess."
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 06:53:37 pm »

"Right now, we need to find water and start working on shelter. If you go looking for water, head down the mountain. There's probably a river or stream of some sort nearby. Otherwise, I need some people to start stripping bark and branches from the trees for shelter."

Jim turns to Dale, and smiles.

"I went camping in the Sierra Nevadas with my wife a few years before the vault."

Jim suddenly looks away, shaking his head.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 07:00:48 pm »

"Look for water. Got it.
Anyone want to head down with me?"
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2015, 07:15:45 pm »

(Turn will come sometime tonight, just a heads up.)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »

"I don't rightly know exactly how to build one, but I was thinking that maybe we could make some Lean-Tos or sumthin'."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Establishing Order"
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2015, 11:59:20 pm »

Establishing "Order"

Continue to play Awakening. Occasionally mutter words of praise as someone (in-game) makes a great hit.

Lilith taps away at her DS Screen, continuing to guide her miniature virtual soldiers through the field of battle. She had been through this combat scenario hundreds upon hundreds of times, but she still gave it her complete focus, cooing over her army like they were her children. The people around Lilith would gradually back away from her, giving her some extra space. Children were encouraged not to stare. In an unlucky move, Lilith loses one of her highest leveled soldiers. She must make a hard decision: Restart the level or continue on playing through the loss of a hero, like a real general would have to do.

Try to yell, and take control over the group.

"Everyone, PAY ATTENTION! You can mourn later, but right now, we need to shut up and survive! We need to find water and shelter now, or we'll all die."

Jim takes charge and steps forward, yelling over the commotion of the group. It would not make him popular for the moment, but right now the only shot they had at all surviving would be sticking together with some sense of organization. [7+1] His barking does the trick and the pandemonium dies down to a chatter. He explains that the immediate survival of the group depends on finding water and shelter as soon as possible. A few of the more spry people ask Jim what they need to do in order to find these things, but others are hesitant and say that they should go back and check around the entrance of the vault, in case anyone survived the fire and made it out but wasn't able to find the group.

Calm people down.
"Jim, cool your tits. Everyone is having a hard time and your yelling isn't going to help anything."

[1] After Jim's successful job of reducing the panic, Kyle talks to the last few hysterical people. Just as he is comforting a mother distraught over the loss of her children, someone lunges at him from behind. It turns out to be Archie, the resident drunkard, who Kyle had to constantly throw out of his bar late at night, in fact, he was one of the few people that ever provoked the bartender from having to pull his sawed-off shotgun off the wall. The two of them tangle in the dirt, Archie on top, "You're done making a fool of me you crook! I'll beat your head in before you take another bottle away from me!" (6 vs. 5) He grabs Kyle's face with one hand like he was trying to crush his face inwardly, while his opposite hand smashes into Kyle's left shoulder, threatening to break it. 

Approach some of the other survivors.

"Can you not see the Elder Ones are punishing us for our arrogant disbelief! They shall consume the souls of the unfaithful and spill the blood of all who oppose them! We must appease the great elder gods with blood and worship!"

[6+2] Noah runs around, holding up his book of the ones who watch over the universe, spitting out a lecture on how they can find solace in the Elder Ones. Most are able to disregard Noah as just getting involved in more of his antics, but his words attract the attention of certain people: the young, the old, the gullible, the spiritually "lost", and especially those who had lost family in the Great Inferno. It made most sense to them, that this was a message from somewhere beyond, that it was no freak fire but a sign for them, giving them a purpose to go on after they had already lost everything.

Get a lay of the land. What's the terrain around the vault like?

Zachary was one of the lucky ones who not only escaped the blaze unscathed, but quickly was able to reunite with his brother afterwards. [2] Zachary climbs up one of the nearby trees to secure a vantage point of the land. Looking around from the top he spots only the tops of trees and mountains, nothing out of the ordinary or particularly interesting. The branches of the trees is flimsy which would make poor material, Zachary is careful on his descent not to end up breaking the branches he supports himself on. The soil is hard, cold and rocky, it would be unlikely that it could support crops. The flora that does grow on the ground is hardy and not anything nutritious for a human.

"Enough with Elder Ones for now man! we can appease them later! right now we need to cover the basics, water, shelter and food.
Let find us something to drink then we can think about  gong all road warrior for the dank ones or what ever."

Lilly interrupts Noah.

Try to find "drinkable" water  (any thing with out to much mud or dead stuff in it)

Lilly pushes past Noah and heads through the treeline, looking for a water source that would be safe to drink. [9] She disappears from the sight of the rest of the group, following any signs of water. After moving through a clearing, she comes across a sight as beautiful as her old modified chopper, or that time when Leylos Vardiez, the Colombian underdog, won the MMA championship in the fourth round with a leaping uppercut; there's a whole lake in front of her stretching out from far beyond her position, and besides some plant life on its uppermost layer, the water looks clean enough to drink. Lilly is brave enough to taste it and its purity is superior to anything that she had ever swallowed back in the vault. [3] Lilly rushes back into the forest to tell the group about her discovery, but when she stops to catch her breath she realizes that she doesn't know how exactly she got here. She calls out into the forest to no response, her voice vanishing into the stale air.

"Okay look, I'll level with you.  You're scaring people, and right now we need to be calm.  The stuff I have will make everything seem okay for awhile.  Try it, okay?  It's free."

Offer joint to Noah.

Beans interrupts Noah's impromptu missionary work by placing a hand on his shoulder and shoving a joint in his mouth. He encourages him to light up and try it out, promising that it's "high quality shit".

"Okay, okay. What about shelter though, this lot looks pretty stunned and to be honest I don't think that we'll be able to build a large enough shelter to fit us all before dark. Are there any caves around here that you know of?"

Owen attempts to remember things about the terrain.

[?] Owen thinks about the terrain when he first came here, but he was young when they came, on the way in the car ride over, he was thinking more about what his new room would look like and what new toys he would get rather than focusing on what the terrain looked like. He barely got a glimpse of it all those years ago, very few of the people here were locals, most coming from hundreds or thousands of miles away. The memories of what this place looked like eight years ago have slipped his mind, disappearing from him like tears in the rain.

I follow along, and decide to tie the Dumbells together using the towel, making a sort of Morningstar.

[8] Whatever puts his gym bag on the ground, pulling out his towel and dumbbells from the inside. With a stroke of innovation, he takes his towel and wraps the ends on the center bar of each dumbbell. Soon his creation is complete, an improvised weapon made out of unlikely materials. He gives it a swing and the towel holds, but there was no evidence that it wouldn't fall apart after hitting a solid object. He paces around, swinging his new tool. Whatever christens his invention the "Dumb-Star".
A recurring topic in vault gossip was over Whatever and Lilith, based on the speculation that the two of them would make a good couple based on their common traits: Young, attractive, unsocial, dedicated to perfecting their skills in extremely limited and impractical areas, possible psychological disorders.

Pack up the gear. Find Jim Henson and Joshua Ashwood.

"Jim, Joshua. I think, I found some traces of civilization out there. Picked up some radio chatter from south, can't tell much more, the signal is very weak, seems to be around 60 to 80 miles away. That's around... 3 days of travel. And we don't know who they are."

After a while of though.

"Too bad I didn't take the Geiger counter with me. Hope we aren't taking too much dosage. Unfortunately I don't have the gear to rig one up."

After noticing Owen.

"Oh, hello Owen, how are you doing, kid?"

Offer to help with peacekeeping operations, get my pupils to do some community work helping around the place.

George packs up his radio set after contact and reports his findings back to the security officers, and additionally offers his services to them in whatever he can do to help keep everyone calm. He tells his students to help the group do their tasks, but they are confused since large-scale community operations have not been set up by any leader figure yet.

Tucker Shawn mills around the group, occasionally pulling out his revolver, inspecting it, and reholstering it. After the fire he felt a newfound attraction the weapon; it was likely the last connection he had to his family who were much too deep in the vault to escape the fire. He could swear he heard his father telling him that the firearm was not a toy, like he had done so many times previously....

John Reed sat on a stump feeling oddly unoccupied. He was usually bustling back and forth in the surgery section of the vault hospital, attending patients day in and out for long hours. Now after a great catastrophe, every survivor had come out unscathed, or with such small injuries that he couldn't do anything for them. All of the high-tech surgical equipment and technology he once had was suddenly gone. Now, in this time of displacement and calamity, the doctor could ironically rest for the first time in years....

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Establishing "Order"
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2015, 12:04:39 am »

Kyle grabs the man's arm before rolling so he's on top hopefully causing the drunk to fall so he could elbow drop him.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:52:32 am by kj1225 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8