Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10398 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

This one is brobably pretty vague, but:

On the wall is an engraving of a human, armor, and a giant spider. the human is wearing the armor. the human is striking down the spider. the spider is encased in ice.

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>This one is brobably pretty vague, but:

On the wall is an engraving of a human, armor, and a giant spider. the human is wearing the armor. the human is striking down the spider. the spider is encased in ice.</STRONG>

That could be Dungeon siege... But DS is pretty generic. Does somebody know a specific one?

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

Nope. has nothing to do with dungeon siege, actually. want a hint?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2008, 10:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a human ranger, a space fighter, seven Feyan military fighters, and a Dominator battleship. The human ranger is sitting in the space fighter. The space fighter is heavily damaged. The seven Feyan military fighters are fleeing the system. The Dominator battleship is advancing."</STRONG>

All though I've never actually played it that sounds a lot like what I've heard of space rangers 2.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

On the wall is an engraving of a human and a demon in a blood-stained bedroom. The man has fallen on his back and is facing the demon. The demon is kneeling, facing the man. The man is wearing a ridiculously out of date blazer and fedora.

[ January 08, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 01:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Linthar:
<STRONG>

All though I've never actually played it that sounds a lot like what I've heard of space rangers 2.</STRONG>

Heh, yeah, I said it was a lot more obvious.  :) Too bad so few people play that game outside of Russia...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 07:12:00 am »

btw, if you use common in-game names it's not really a puzzle anymore, roight? You might as well ask "Do you know that game?" instead  :)

Or like, guess which game:

On the wall is an engraving of the guy from Half-Life and some aliens from Half-Life. The guy from Half-Life is fighting the aliens from Half-Life.

;)

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2008, 07:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>And now for a realy obvious one:
Egraved on the floor is an image of an adventurer and a portal. The adventurer is not prepared.</STRONG>
burning crusade

On the wall is an engraving of an elf and a heart. The elf is raising the heart.

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2008, 08:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Red Jackard:
<STRONG>burning crusade

<Funny>

On the wall is an engraving of an elf and a heart. The elf is raising the heart.</STRONG>

Zelda, and it's many sequals

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

Mexica, with elves?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2008, 11:24:00 am »

Seeing how "widespread" Space Rangers 2 are in your parts, I don't think the names of the races actually meant much. But I should have probably omitted the "Dominator" name, yeah.  :)

Btw, there's a game I *know* no one here knows.  :)

"Engraved on the wall is a Sharatar Heavy Cruiser class, one thousand Sharatar Light Fighters, and a Magellan Orbital Base class. The Heavy Cruiser is releasing the thousand Light Fighters. The Orbital Base looks terrified."

The game is hardly known outside of Russia, mainly because nobody bothered to translate it into english. Despite that, it is impossible to enter ship names in russian within the game. o_O

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DuncanFrost:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a picture of a Catperson and calipers. The Catperson is searching for the calipers.</STRONG>

must be Elder scrolls series, he IS in two games.

uhh, on the wall there is an engraving of a bald man and 2 pistols, the bald man is making a defiant gesture.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2008, 11:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>

must be Elder scrolls series, he IS in two games.

uhh, on the wall there is an engraving of a bald man and 2 pistols, the bald man is making a defiant gesture.</STRONG>

Obviously this is the Hitman series :P

On the wall is an engraving of a man. The man is jumping into a pit of spikes over and over again.  The man has a very thin sword.

"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2008, 11:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Serondal:
<STRONG>

On the wall is an engraving of a man. The man is jumping into a pit of spikes over and over again.  The man has a very thin sword.</STRONG>

The original Prince of Persia?

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2008, 11:57:00 am »

Wow someone got it on the first try :P your turn (yes it is prince of persia)
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20