Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10394 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 04:57:00 am »

Engraved on the wall is a humanoid of some type, a guantlet, a heart, a hammer, a sword, and elves. The humanoid is wearing the guantlet. The humanoid is striking the heart with the hammer and sword. The heart is withering away. The elves are rejoicing.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Mr.Person ]

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Mr.Person ]

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2008, 09:23:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a humanoid of some type, a guantlet, a heart, a hammer, a sword, and elves. The humanoid is wearing the guantlet. The humanoid is striking the heart with the hammer and sword. The heart is withering away. The elves are rejoicing.
</STRONG>

is it Morrowind?

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

And now for a realy obvious one:
Egraved on the floor is an image of an adventurer and a portal. The adventurer is not prepared.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AlanL:
<STRONG>
Engraved on the wall is an image of a shocklance, a light armor, a Blood Eagle troop, and a 'Derm troop. The Blood Eagle troop is wearing the light armor. The Blood Eagle troop is invisible. The Blood Eagle troop is carrying the shocklance. The Blood Eagle troop is striking down the 'Derm troop.
[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ]</STRONG>

Tribes 2
Great, great game, way better than the sequel. I love running people over in the fighter.

Engraved on the wall is an image of a Clayman, a dynamite Clayman, and a Bug Monster. The Clayman is pushing the dynamite Clayman. The Bug Monster is eating the dynamite Clayman. The dynamite Clayman is striking down the Bug Monster

Engraved on the floor is an image of a Big Robot Bill and a Blue Teddy Bear. The Big Robot Bill is embracing the Blue Teddy Bear.

I lost my original CD for that game, which is a shame, because it's worth like $100 dollars now.

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2008, 10:38:00 am »

Engraved on the wall is a picture of a Catperson and calipers. The Catperson is searching for the calipers.

Fairly obvious for those who've encountered it.

Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Idiom:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a hacker. The Hacker has dropped his jammed pistol. The hacker is beating Hybrids down with a crystal shard.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Idiom ]</STRONG>

System Shock 2.  

On the wall is an engraving of green clones and a Crobo. The Crobo is shooting the green clones. The green clones are diving for cover.

Very easy, if you've ever played it.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

http://www.datarealms.com/  that was cool how about.......

Engraved on the wall is a masterfull rendition of a dragon holding a ball of light and a human locked in combat. The human is wearing the armor of his legendary ancestor.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

Damn, I know that one...  Can't remember the name to it, though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>

is it Morrowind?</STRONG>

Yeah.

Engraved on the wall is a frogman, a sword, and a mountain. The frogman is raising the sword. The mountain is opening.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

I wonder how many more Morrowind and Portal engravings we're going to get in this forum fort...

The Cube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Sean, you've completely stumped me.  But I might just be able to get back at you...

On the wall is an engraving of a god, a demon, a wizard, and a rabbitowldeer.  The god is pleading.  The demon is laughing.  The wizard is talking with the rabbitowldeer.

Here's a hint that will not help at all:  The god is voiced by Tim Curry.</STRONG>

Sacrifice!

I think.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>This one is probably obvious, but:

On the wall is an engraving of a human and cake. The human is falling. The cake is laughing.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]</STRONG>

http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=001142&p=2

Yeah, I went there. For those who don't want to click a link:

"This is an engraving of a cube and a dwarf. The dwarf is raising the cube. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. The cube is burning. The cake is withering away."

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by The Cube:
<STRONG>

Sacrifice!

I think.</STRONG>

Congratulations!  I didn't think anyone was going to get that.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

quote:
Engraved on the wall is a well-designed picture of a Malok general, a Human ranger, a red button, and red buttons. The Malok general is striking a menacing pose. The Human ranger is making a submissive gesture. The red button is broken. The red buttons are a month overdue.

This one still stands. To clarify, that's not something that actually happens in the game - at least I think not. The quest usually just cancels if you don't make it on time.

One more for the same game, should be a lot more obvious:

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a human ranger, a space fighter, seven Feyan military fighters, and a Dominator battleship. The human ranger is sitting in the space fighter. The space fighter is heavily damaged. The seven Feyan military fighters are fleeing the system. The Dominator battleship is advancing."

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by berent:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a masterfull rendition of a dragon holding a ball of light and a human locked in combat. The human is wearing the armor of his legendary ancestor.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: berent ]</STRONG>

Dragon Warrior.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>

Yeah.

Engraved on the wall is a frogman, a sword, and a mountain. The frogman is raising the sword. The mountain is opening.</STRONG>

Chrono Trigger?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20