Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10396 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 09:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RustedAxe:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a human settlement and insect invaders.  The humans are making a plaintive gesture.  The insects arrived in just over 4 minutes and 38 seconds.

This my friends, we call a ...

:D</STRONG>

zerg?  ;)

On the wall is an engraving of a human and a hamster. The human is raising the hamster.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 09:47:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Vanigo:
<STRONG>
On the floor is an engraving of a ship and stones. The ship is surrounded by the stones.</STRONG>

Myst?  Wasn't there a 'Stoneship' age or something?  ;)

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

On the wall is an engraving of a Toad and a Snake. The Toad is riding on the Snake. The Toad is being impaled on a Spiky Ball. The snake is impassive.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Nos3y ]

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of a Toad and a Snake. The Toad is riding on the Snake. The Toad is being impaled on a Spiky Ball. The snake is impassive.

Frogger?

On the wall is fine rendition of a ranger and a Giant Space Hamster. The ranger is talking to the Giant Space Hamster.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

No clue, oh well.

Edit: The Wiki says: Giant space hamsters are fictional creatures originating in the Spelljammer campaign setting for the Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying game.

Engraved on the wall is a rendition of an ape, a human, and barrels. The human is leaping over the barrels. The ape is raising the barrel.

Engraved on the wall is a rendition of a submarine, missiles, a missile silo, a radar, a radar, and a SAM site, and a carrier. The submarine is launching the missiles. The missile silo is converting into a SAM site. The missiles are striking down the radar. The radar is speaking with the SAM site. The SAM site is striking down the missiles. The carrier is switching to anti-submarine mode.

That one might be a bit too generic though.

Engraved on the wall is a roller coaster, a roller coaster track, and humans. The roller coaster track is broken. The roller coaster is flying. The humans are panicking.

Engraved on the wall is a squirrel and teddiz. The squirrel is striking down the teddiz.

OK, I probably put too many. Oh well   :p

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ]

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wiles:
<STRONG>

zerg?   ;)

On the wall is an engraving of a human and a hamster. The human is raising the hamster.</STRONG>

Yep, the lovely zerg rush  ;)

Baldurs gate?  I remember a barbarian with a pet hamster.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AlanL:

Engraved on the wall is a rendition of an ape, a human, and barrels. The human is leaping over the barrels. The ape is raising the barrel.

I like that one. Oh so obvious though.

On the wall is an engraving of a human, a hammer, a cloud, a doll, a turtle, and a human. The human is rasing the hammer.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Mr.Person ]

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by WillNZ:
<STRONG>
On the wall is fine rendition of a ranger and a Giant Space Hamster. The ranger is talking to the Giant Space Hamster.</STRONG>

That's definitely Baldur's Gate.  Although, technically speaking, it's a miniature giant space hamster.

quote:
Originally posted by AlanL:

Engraved on the wall is a roller coaster, a roller coaster track, and humans. The roller coaster track is broken. The roller coaster is flying. The humans are panicking.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ][/QB]

That's gotta be Rollercoaster Tycoon.  Damn people, what right do they have coming into MY park?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nos3y:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a Toad and a Snake. The Toad is riding on the Snake. The Toad is being impaled on a Spiky Ball. The snake is impassive.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Nos3y ]</STRONG>

Battletoads.

My second one is probably the least obscure game in this thread. I guarantee you've all played it; I just took a rather roundabout route to describing it.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

On the wall is an engraving of a hacker. The Hacker has dropped his jammed pistol. The hacker is beating Hybrids down with a crystal shard.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Idiom ]

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

The ship with stones could be Asteroids. The one with the SAM Defcon. And the barrel monkey is Donkey Kong, of course (name wasn't mentioned yet I think).

Edit: One the wall is an engraving of dragons and bubbles. The dragons are speaking with the bubbles.

as in "speaking with the bubbles",  :)

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: dreiche2 ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dreiche2:
The ship with stones could be Asteroids.

Oh, damn!   That's pretty cruel, man....  Good work.

quote:
Edit: One the wall is an engraving of dragons and bubbles. The dragons are speaking with the bubbles.

as in "speaking with the bubbles",   :)

What, Bubble Bobble?

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>One the wall is an engraving of dragons and bubbles. The dragons are speaking with the bubbles.</STRONG>

Spyro  :)

I think...

And yeah, it was Defcon, a good albeit rather dark game.

The one with the crystal shard was system shock II.

Engraved on the wall is an image of a shocklance, a light armor, a Blood Eagle troop, and a 'Derm troop. The Blood Eagle troop is wearing the light armor. The Blood Eagle troop is invisible. The Blood Eagle troop is carrying the shocklance. The Blood Eagle troop is striking down the 'Derm troop.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ]

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:00 pm »

Nope, not Spyro... (didn't even know that one). I mean, also it's more like "speaking the bubbles", not "speaking *with* the bubbles"... ok not really speaking... doesn't really help I guess    :) It's an old game...

Edit: Oops didn't see the post, yeah it's Bubble Bobble.

Citizen of Erl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »

This is a masterful engraving of a human, a moon, a sun, and a star. The Human is shooting the sun with a rod.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20