Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10397 times)

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Heh, I just read nearly this whole thread.  I noticed an important game was missing an engraved description!

Engraved on the wall is map.  The map has markings named Heliopios, a engraving of a tank and an engraving of a spearman.  The tank is struck down by the spearman.  The spearman is making a dismissive gesture.

Schwepps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Thingy Master:
<STRONG>I'll try one.

This is an engraving of a Hero, Sidekick, and an Army. The Hero is commanding the Army. The Army is fighting a rival Army. The Sidekick is shooting the Hero in the back of the head.

Easy one.</STRONG>

Mount & Blade, of course.

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2008, 01:48:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by slMagnvox:
<STRONG>Heh, I just read nearly this whole thread.  I noticed an important game was missing an engraved description!

Engraved on the wall is map.  The map has markings named Heliopios, a engraving of a tank and an engraving of a spearman.  The tank is struck down by the spearman.  The spearman is making a dismissive gesture.</STRONG>

I don't knoow, with Heliopos, but it might be civilization.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2008, 03:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Schwepps:
<STRONG>

Mount & Blade, of course.</STRONG>

Oh, man. I got that WAY back in .630 on an old computer. Then the motherboard died somewhere around when M&B went to .810 or something. Now I'm stuck with the craptastic computer that is absolutely WORTHLESS. I even lost my Registration Key for it.

:(

And yes, Marnid and Borcha are sucktastic shots.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2008, 09:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by slMagnvox:
<STRONG>Heh, I just read nearly this whole thread.  I noticed an important game was missing an engraved description!

Engraved on the wall is map.  The map has markings named Heliopios, a engraving of a tank and an engraving of a spearman.  The tank is struck down by the spearman.  The spearman is making a dismissive gesture.</STRONG>

Yea that's a classic Civ reference, I'd say Civ2.

Tokjos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2008, 09:51:00 am »

Engraved on the wall is an image of Apes and Squid Things and a Deity. The Apes are fighting the Squid Things. The Apes are Embracing the Deity. The Deity is Casting a Spell.

I'm guessing Dominions 3.
That game rocks!

[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: Tokjos ]

ub-wub!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »

On the wall is an engraving of a Viking and a lizard.  The Viking is eating the lizard.

On the wall is an engraving of a hero and a goblin.  The goblin is making cookies.  The hero is throwing fireballs at livestock.

I'm allowed to post two engravings because I have sickness benefits.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »

The viking eating a lizard is Rune.

In Arcanum, you can be a human too, and you are also on board the zeppelin when it crashes, and also survive. The dwarf, ultimately, does not.

I know several games that most here will (most likely) never guess.

"Engraved on the wall is a glider, gliders and metallic spheres. The glider is striking down the gliders. The metallic spheres drop out of the gliders. The glider collects the metallic spheres."

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

This is an engraving of a fortress, traps, traps, traps, and a raccoon. The raccoon is striking down the traps. The raccoon is striking a menacing pose. The raccoon is laughing. The raccoon is raising an artifact.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

"The dwarf is striking a menacing pose. The menacing pose is making a plaintive gesture. The plaintive gesture is in a fetal position. The fetal position looks confused."...

:p

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zonhin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tokjos:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is an image of Apes and Squid Things and a Deity. The Apes are fighting the Squid Things. The Apes are Embracing the Deity. The Deity is Casting a Spell.

I'm guessing Dominions 3.
That game rocks!

[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: Tokjos ]</STRONG>

Oh god I love that game too.
(That's a yes)

Seagoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »

Eh, no one got it :P so I will give the answer:

quote:
Engraved on the wall is an image of deamons, humans, an Iornman and a sword. The humans are fighting the deamons, the humans are withering away. The Sword is Laughing. The Iornman is fighting the deamons, the deamons are exploding into gore.  

Answer? :

Marathon 1

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2008, 05:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>This is an engraving of a fortress, traps, traps, traps, and a raccoon. The raccoon is striking down the traps. The raccoon is striking a menacing pose. The raccoon is laughing. The raccoon is raising an artifact.</STRONG>

Haven't played it but that sounds like Sly Cooper.

What I had posted earlier...

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of a large human, a small human, and a rhinoceros.  The large human is raising the small human.  The small human is screaming.  The rhinoceros is striking down the small human.

Apparently no one has guessed it, so I'll add to it.

On the wall is an engraving of a large human, a small human, and piranhas.  The large human is raising the small human.  The small human is speaking to the large human.  The piranhas are jumping at the small human.

And one more to add:

On the wall is an engraving of a large human, small humans, and a sarcophagus.  The large human is emerging from the sarcophagus.  The large human is shooting and killing the small humans.

Ah, hell with it.

On the wall is an engraving of a large human and a polar bear.  The polar bear is making a plaintive gesture.  The large human is making a threatening gesture.

(NOTE: "Large" doesn't imply giantesque, just a big, angry guy.)

[ January 19, 2008: Message edited by: Tenebrys ]

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2008, 08:21:00 am »

Engraved on the wall is a finely-designed image of a raccoon and a dwarf.  The raccoon is speaking with theh dwarf.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Firemage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »

*coming out of lurk mode*

On the wall is an engraving of a troll, a puppy and giant ants. The troll is holding the puppy. The puppy is dead. The giant ants are surrounding the troll.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20