Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10400 times)

Zonhin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Necro:
<STRONG>

I didn't actually play that game yet, but my guess is Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth</STRONG>

When I say apes, I literally mean apes. Like monkeys and gorillas.

Should I just go and say what it is?

bittersweet

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2008, 12:46:00 am »

Heres one from the vault of videogame shame.

"On the wall is an engraving of an alien and a hole.  The alien is falling into the hole.  The alien is falling into the hole.  The alien is falling into the hole."

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:00 am »

E.T. Extra Terrestrial.

Dur.

On the wall is an engraving of a rabbit and a wolf. The rabbit and the wolf are standing up. The rabbit is roundhouse kicking the wolf. The wolf is soaring away into a rock.

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Xotes:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a rabbit and a wolf. The rabbit and the wolf are standing up. The rabbit is roundhouse kicking the wolf. The wolf is soaring away into a rock.</STRONG>

Lugaru.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2008, 01:06:00 am »

Shoot, I played the demo and forgot the name of it. Ninja bunny on a revenge streak, that's what I remember. I also remember it was a damn good game, even thought it was only the demo.

Edit: Lugaru, that's it, yup.

Hmm...

Engraved on the wall is a rendition of spacecraft, spacecraft, a spaceport, and illegal goods. The spacecraft is looting the spacecraft. The spacecraft is looting the spaceport. The spacecraft is selling the illegal goods

Engraved on the wall is a rendition of a giant mining drill and a space station. The giant mining drill is striking down the space station.

Both are the same game.

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Lugaru.</STRONG>

C-C-C-Correct! Gold Star to you, my good man!

And, AlanL, if you ever get the full version and you beat the main campaign, get the bonus 'Lugaru Temple' campaign as well. It is epic!

Also, I'm gonna go shotgun and say either Privateer or Elite.

"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2008, 01:16:00 am »

I'm tempted to buy it now (and I seldom ever buy games)  :p

And no, actually, it's neither of those, although Elite probably inspired it. Hint: It's independently developed.

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2008, 01:22:00 am »

Hmm... Wazzal? It's sorta like what you described. It's from the guy that made Notrium.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2008, 01:24:00 am »

Yeah, it's wazzal.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2008, 01:26:00 am »

Damn. I really hadn't expected to get that one. S'good thing I played it when I was younger, though. I beat it several times. That mining laser is awesome!

On the wall is an engraving of a ninja and a ninja. The ninja is holding onto a wall. The ninja are naked. The ninja are wearing masks.

(Yes, the plural of ninja IS ninja.)

[ January 16, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Hint: It's from wesnoth.</STRONG>

Ahh, Battle for Wesnoth... one of the nicer little hex-based open-source strategy games on the net.  Yep.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Yes, that was DS2. Liked the game, disliked the animations.   :)

Mayhap Zork, or one of the follow-ups?

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a human and a yellow cyborg. The cyborg self-destructs. The human explodes in gore."</STRONG>

Yup, Zork II had a sequence where you introduce a dragon to a glacier. The dragon thinks its reflection is another dragon, and in its attempt to engage said reflection in mortal combat, melts the glacier and drowns.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

Alfador, was that a cunningly concealed answer to my engraving? "mortal combat"? Anyways, I think that was a bit too easy.   :)

Let's try something of a different genre...

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a flying machine, flying machines, humans, elves, dwarves, a human, and orcs. The orcs are in the flying machines. The humans, elves, dwarves, and the human are on the flying machine. The orcs are striking down the flying machine. The humans, elves, and dwarves are dying. The human survives."

[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »

quote:
Let's try something of a different genre...

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a flying machine, flying machines, humans, elves, dwarves, a human, and orcs. The orcs are in the flying machines. The humans, elves, dwarves, and the human are on the flying machine. The orcs are striking down the flying machine. The humans, elves, and dwarves are dying. The human survives."

Arcanum

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>"The human survives."</STRONG>

HUMAN? More like Dwarf who was raised by snake handlers.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20