Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10399 times)

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2008, 08:36:00 pm »

quote:
Engraved on the wall is an image of Apes and Squid Things and a Deity. The Apes are fighting the Squid Things. The Apes are Embracing the Deity. The Deity is Casting a Spell.

Dominions?

You can't not answer this one:
On the wall is an engraving of a line. The line is blurred. The line narrows. The rest of the engraving is unclear and the line's end is nowhere to be found.

Edit: reposting my previous riddles just for the heck of it. Maybe someone will finally answer them.

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of a girl and a cat. The cat is dead. The girl is weeping.

Hint: endgame spoiler

quote:
This is a sterling silver pendant. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
On the item is an engraving of a human in sterling silver. The human is traveling.
On the item is an engraving of a humans and a shadowy figure in sterling silver. The shadowy figure is striking down the humans.

Hint: there's a good reason why I made it on an artifact. It's also an indie game.

[ January 14, 2008: Message edited by: MyBeardIsOnFire ]

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2008, 10:31:00 pm »

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of colonial dwarves, a blue Dragoon and a red King. The Dragoon is striking a menacing pose. The King is cringing. The colonial dwarves are rejoicing.

Since nobody guessed it, I'll add a few lines.

On the wall is an engraving of colonial dwarves, a blue Dragoon and a red King. The Dragoon is striking a menacing pose. The King is cringing. The colonial dwarves are rejoicing about newly gained independance.

On the ground is an engraving of a naval battle. A frigate sporting a blue flag is fighting a man-o-war sporting a red flag. The frigate is retreating, the man-o-war is striking a menacing pose.

On the wall is a picture of a raiding party of natives and a colony. The natives are striking a menacing pose. The colony is cringing.

I am on a hot streak... literally.

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:
<STRONG>

On the wall is an engraving of colonial dwarves, a blue Dragoon and a red King. The Dragoon is striking a menacing pose. The King is cringing. The colonial dwarves are rejoicing about newly gained independance.

On the ground is an engraving of a naval battle. A frigate sporting a blue flag is fighting a man-o-war sporting a red flag. The frigate is retreating, the man-o-war is striking a menacing pose.

On the wall is a picture of a raiding party of natives and a colony. The natives are striking a menacing pose. The colony is cringing.</STRONG>

Colonization?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2008, 05:55:00 am »

Engraved upon the wall is the image of an amnesiac robot and an evil doctor. The amnesiac robot is striking down the evil doctor.

Hint: The robot is surrounded by the mimigas. The mimigas are rejoicing. God I love that game.

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2008, 08:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Zonhin:
<STRONG>Yes I didn't figure out and engraving. What of it?    :)

Engraved on the wall is an image of Apes and Squid Things and a Deity. The Apes are fighting the Squid Things. The Apes are Embracing the Deity. The Deity is Casting a Spell.</STRONG>

I didn't actually play that game yet, but my guess is Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2008, 08:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by KaelGotDwarves:
<STRONG>Engraved upon the wall is the image of an amnesiac robot and an evil doctor. The amnesiac robot is striking down the evil doctor.

Hint: The robot is surrounded by the mimigas. The mimigas are rejoicing. God I love that game.</STRONG>

Cave Story, of course.

WELCOME TO HELL!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2008, 08:56:00 am »

On the wall is an engraving of a forest, tower, humans and humans. The humans are chopping down the forest. The tower is striking down the humans. The humans are throwing javelins at humans.

[ January 15, 2008: Message edited by: DJ ]

Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a forest, tower, humans and humans. The humans are chopping down the forest. The tower is striking down the humans. The humans are throwing javelins at humans.

[ January 15, 2008: Message edited by: DJ ]</STRONG>

Age of Empires 2, or Age of Mythology, methinks?  I'd say AoE1 as well, but don't recall javelins to exist in that game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by briktal:
<STRONG>^^ That second one quoted: Dungeon Lords?</STRONG>

Strrriiiiiike THREE!

Nope, not Dungeon Lords.
Cast down your eyes and be ashamed, this was Severance: Blade of Darkness, proudly the best action-slasher since the dawn of time. I can't imagine a more DF'ish game, where you can grab a stool and whack your opponent to death with it.  :)

Alright, here goes another.

"Engraved on the wall is an image of a sword, a shield, and the world. The sword menaces with multiple glowing red eyes. The shield is masterfully engraved with four different symbols. The sword is striking the shield. The shield is cloven asunder. The world is ended."

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

quote:
   quote:Originally posted by Eagle of Fire:

On the wall is a picture of a raiding party of natives and a colony. The natives are striking a menacing pose. The colony is cringing.

Colonization?

Yes it is.  :)

I am on a hot streak... literally.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>"Engraved on the wall is an image of a sword, a shield, and the world. The sword menaces with multiple glowing red eyes. The shield is masterfully engraved with four different symbols. The sword is striking the shield. The shield is cloven asunder. The world is ended."</STRONG>

That is obviously Dungeon Siege II. Man, that game took so long to finish... admittedly, this was mainly because the only character I had who could survive a few boss attacks (Lothar) had all his points thrown into defensive stuff, and once the rest of the party was dead against one (usually within half a minute) it was a race between the Lothar and the boss to see who could wear the other down to nothing first. And by race, I mean crawl. Still, he always won  :D

On the wall is an exceptional engraving of a monarch, towers, monsters and an Avatar. The Avatar is slaughtering the monsters and towers. The Avatar is very slowly killing the monarch.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by KaelGotDwarves:
<STRONG>Hint: The robot is surrounded by the mimigas. The mimigas are rejoicing. God I love that game.</STRONG>

That wasn't a hint, that was all but the answer!!

My latest offering didn't get answered yet, so I suppose a similar hint is in order.

This is an engraving on an obsidian wall of a sword and a battery-powered brass lantern. The sword is glowing. The lantern is dark. The grue is striking down the adventurer.

[ January 15, 2008: Message edited by: Alfador ]

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tenebrys:
<STRONG>

Age of Empires 2, or Age of Mythology, methinks?  I'd say AoE1 as well, but don't recall javelins to exist in that game.</STRONG>

AoE2 is correct. What I described was the dreaded FLUSH.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2008, 05:08:00 pm »

Yes, that was DS2. Liked the game, disliked the animations.  :)

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>This is an engraving on an obsidian wall of a sword and a battery-powered brass lantern. The sword is glowing. The lantern is dark. The grue is striking down the adventurer.</STRONG>

Mayhap Zork, or one of the follow-ups?

"Engraved on the wall is a picture of a human and a yellow cyborg. The cyborg self-destructs. The human explodes in gore."

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>On the wall is a picture of one skeletal human and two humans. The skeletal human is garbed in black. He is laughing. The human is armored in steel. He is mourning. The other human is dead.</STRONG>

Hint: It's from wesnoth.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20