Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10391 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by apache1990:
<STRONG>

Engraved on the wall is a masterful image of a Monkeylord and a Harbinger.  The Harbinger is melting.  The Monkeylord is laughing.</STRONG>

I have never played it myself but my friend insists it's Supreme Commander. That right?

In case he's right..heres an easy one.
This is a masterful image of a skarrj and a leviathan tank. The skarrj is running away from the leviathan.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »

Yeah, that's Supreme Commander.  I only played the demo, but I can relate.

And that's Unreal Tournament.  I can't be buggered to find out which one it is, but I don't know if they had vehicles in the first one.

And that Bioshock reference was a bit misleading...  Big Daddies aren't really human anymore.

On the wall is an engraving of a human and a tank.  The human is wearing steel armor.  The human is easing the tank's pain.

Mu.

• Bay Watcher
  • Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bricktop:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a dwarf and some Murderous Elephants and a demon and a wolf and a berserk groundhog and a demon-carp and a felsite thong. The elephants, demon, wolf, groundhog and demon-carp are laughing. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture and wearing the thong.</STRONG>

This is hillarious.

Anvilsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

quote:
is that nethack?

Nope, Boullion. It's Dragonsphere, an obscure but really solid and profound adventure game from 1995.

The second one is from the beginning of Ultima 6 - Iolo shoots a bolt into the gargoyle that's about to sacrifice the Avatar on an altar.

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of a human and a tank. The human is wearing steel armor. The human is easing the tank's pain.

Warhammer 40K (either Final Liberation or Dawn of War), Techpriest.

Here's a new one:
Engraved on the wall is an exquisitely carved engraving of a human, a demon and a idol. The demon is placing the human's eye on the idol.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

Here's a pair:

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of a human, a concrete pillar, and a striped yellow sportscar. The sportscar is smashing into the pillar. The human is flying out through the sportscar's windshield.

Engraved on the wall is a well-designed picture of a Malok general, a Human ranger, a red button, and red buttons. The Malok general is striking a menacing pose. The Human ranger is making a submissive gesture. The red button is broken. The red buttons are a month overdue.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by apache1990:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a masterful image of a Monkeylord and a Harbinger.  The Harbinger is melting.  The Monkeylord is laughing.</STRONG>

Objection! Monkeylords don't melt things. And even if they did, they would suck at it, just as they suck now with everything else.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

This one is probably obvious, but:

On the wall is an engraving of a human and cake. The human is falling. The cake is laughing.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »

quote:
Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of a human, a concrete pillar, and a striped yellow sportscar. The sportscar is smashing into the pillar. The human is flying out through the sportscar's windshield.

Any racing game with ragdolls... my biggest guess is DF... no wait erm, flatout?

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully renditioned image of an iron block in space surrounded by other menacing spikes of iron. The block is floating. In this block there are a human and humans. The human is screaming. The humans are scared. Outside the spikes of iron are on fire. In the spikes of iron there are humans. These humans arn't humans.

Chaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mist Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>

On the wall is an engraving of a human and cake. The human is falling. The cake is laughing.</STRONG>

Portal. Knew one at least... Simple descriptions like this seem to tend towards being a bit abridged, like this for example:

Engraved on the wall is an image of a human and a skull. The human is dead. The skull is talking to the human.

A lurker has sprung from ambush!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chaos:
<STRONG>

Portal. Knew one at least... Simple descriptions like this seem to tend towards being a bit abridged, like this for example:

Engraved on the wall is an image of a human and a skull. The human is dead. The skull is talking to the human.</STRONG>

Plane Scape Torment!! Yay

Engraved on the wall is a image of several penguin. The penguins are holding knifes in the hand. They are saying dood.

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Anvilsmith:
<STRONG>
Here's a new one:
Engraved on the wall is an exquisitely carved engraving of a human, a demon and a idol. The demon is placing the human's eye on the idol.</STRONG>

OOH!  OOH!  OOH!  THIEF!

quote:
Originally posted by Chaos:
<STRONG>
Engraved on the wall is an image of a human and a skull. The human is dead. The skull is talking to the human.</STRONG>

Planescape?

EDIT:  Damn, beaten to it.  I'll try his then:

That weird penguin joke mod for HL2.  I forget what it's called.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Chaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mist Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a image of several penguin. The penguins are holding knifes in the hand. They are saying dood.</STRONG>

Disgaea! Sweet dood!

And yes. It is Planescape.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Chaos ]

A lurker has sprung from ambush!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nilocy:
<STRONG>

Any racing game with ragdolls... my biggest guess is DF... no wait erm, flatout?

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully renditioned image of an iron block in space surrounded by other menacing spikes of iron. The block is floating. In this block there are a human and humans. The human is screaming. The humans are scared. Outside the spikes of iron are on fire. In the spikes of iron there are humans. These humans arn't humans.</STRONG>

Specifically, Flatout 2. It was the only game with ragdolls AND crashable sportscars. On PC, at any rate.

And yours is....  uh...  no, I don't think I have that one in my collection. Something in the "flaming iron spikes with not-humans" reminds me of Quake, but that's the most I can guess.

Somebody guess my other one.  ;)

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 05:49:00 pm »

Sean, you've completely stumped me.  But I might just be able to get back at you...

On the wall is an engraving of a god, a demon, a wizard, and a rabbitowldeer.  The god is pleading.  The demon is laughing.  The wizard is talking with the rabbitowldeer.

Here's a hint that will not help at all:  The god is voiced by Tim Curry.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

On the wall is an engraving of a human and a three-headed monkey. The human is pointing.

On the floor is an engraving of a ship and stones. The ship is surrounded by the stones.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20