Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10403 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2008, 04:56:00 pm »

Oh, dammit, I think that's it! I had the game before, but SOMEONE in my family decided to get rid of it because SOMEONE thought it'd corrupt me against me faith.

... They're retarded. It WAS a fun game, though.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DreaDFanG:
<STRONG>Engraved on the underside of a table you find a representation of digging dwarves, lots of varried monsters, goblins attacking and evil elves, also a subtitle that reads "By Singular Amphibian"

Not too hard if you dont get it I have to GORE you to PULP...</STRONG>

IVAN?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2008, 04:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Xotes:
Oh, dammit, I think that's it! I had the game before, but SOMEONE in my family decided to get rid of it because SOMEONE thought it'd corrupt me against me faith.

... They're retarded. It WAS a fun game, though.

That is downright funny.  I'm sorry, atheist sense of humor.

I now challenge you all to this mighty test of old-game lore!  (Note: I've never actually played this one)

On the wall is an engraving of a hero, three crooked arrows, and a swarm of bats.  The hero is raising the three crooked arrows.  The swarm of bats is raising the hero.

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2008, 07:31:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>On the wall is an engraving of a hero, three crooked arrows, and a swarm of bats.  The hero is raising the three crooked arrows.  The swarm of bats is raising the hero.</STRONG>

Hunt the Wumpus. Note: I haven't really played it either, so it's only fair that I answer this one.

Since others posted indie games, I'll post one of my favorites too. Nobody is going to guess my last one anyway.

This is a sterling silver amulet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
On the item is an engraving of a human in sterling silver. The human is traveling.
On the item is an engraving of a humans and a shadowy figure in sterling silver. The shadowy figure is striking down the humans.

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2008, 08:53:00 am »

I'll try one.

This is an engraving of a Hero, Sidekick, and an Army. The Hero is commanding the Army. The Army is fighting a rival Army. The Sidekick is shooting the Hero in the back of the head.

Easy one.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2008, 10:48:00 am »

On the wall is an engraving of colonial dwarves, a blue Dragoon and a red King. The Dragoon is striking a menacing pose. The King is cringing. The colonial dwarves are rejoicing.
I am on a hot streak... literally.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

Final Fantasy 4, a possible reference to Kain in the underground area with the dwarves.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »

If you're talking about my engraving, there is no relation at all. There is actually no dwarves in the game of my engraving, it was simply to keep the spirit of DF in the engraving game...
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of colonial dwarves, a blue Dragoon and a red King. The Dragoon is striking a menacing pose. The King is cringing. The colonial dwarves are rejoicing.

Starcraft?

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2008, 02:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>

That is downright funny.  I'm sorry, atheist sense of humor.</STRONG>

Nyeh, can't say I blame ya. It was a DAMN good game, though. I had almost beaten it, too.

(Fumes)

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2008, 05:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>

Okami?

[ January 10, 2008: Message edited by: Mr.Person ]</STRONG>

Bingo!

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

This is an engraving of a human and demons in a calcareous ooze wall. The demons are striking a menacing pose. The human is firing a crossbow. The !!iron bolt!! explodes! The head of John Romero is withering away.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of a human, a whip, and a vampire. The human is raising the whip. The vampire looks terrified.

EDIT:

This one is subtle.

Engraved on the wall is an image of a dwarf, a goblin, and an adamantine crossbow. The dwarf is raising the adamantine crossbow. The goblin is dead. The goblin is arguing with the dwarf. The dwarf is making an obscene gesture.

[ January 11, 2008: Message edited by: PresidentEvil ]

I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PresidentEvil:
<STRONG>Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of a human, a whip, and a vampire. The human is raising the whip. The vampire looks terrified.

EDIT:

This one is subtle.

Engraved on the wall is an image of a dwarf, a goblin, and an adamantine crossbow. The dwarf is raising the adamantine crossbow. The goblin is dead. The goblin is arguing with the dwarf. The dwarf is making an obscene gesture.

[ January 11, 2008: Message edited by: PresidentEvil ]</STRONG>

The first is most likely any game in the Castlevania series. The second is any fantasy MMORPG - WoW?

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>This is an engraving of a human and demons in a calcareous ooze wall. The demons are striking a menacing pose. The human is firing a crossbow. The !!iron bolt!! explodes! The head of John Romero is withering away.</STRONG>

DOOM 2!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20