Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Engraving Game  (Read 10404 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Engraving Game
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>

Sam and Max? (A lagomorph is a rabbit)</STRONG>

Yep. They are hilarious. The next episode comes out tomorrow!

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

Is that game really as funny as every claims it to be? It always seemed a little strange to me. Then again it kind of reminds me of Discworld and other old funny adventure games.
BTW my last two engravings were Demon Sword (NES, sorry I didn't notice we were only doing computer games) Is the man with demons chasing him through trees
The one with the man in the town with ghosts is Daggerfall

New one that is easy (or hard)  
There is an engraving on the wall. There are three goblins. The goblins stand before a puzzle. The goblins work together to solve the puzzle in hiarious ways.

"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Railick Stonemane:
<STRONG>New one that is easy (or hard)  
There is an engraving on the wall. There are three goblins. The goblins stand before a puzzle. The goblins work together to solve the puzzle in hiarious ways.</STRONG>

It's easy. Gobliiins.

Here's one that may be difficult:
On the wall is an engraving of a girl and a cat. The cat is dead. The girl is weeping.

[ January 09, 2008: Message edited by: MyBeardIsOnFire ]

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

Argh! Why did no one answer mine?!

Fine, another one.

On the wall is an engraving of NATO troops, Russian troops and Resistance troops. The NATO and resistance troops are shooting at the Russian troops. The Russians are taking cover.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>
It's easy. Gobliiins.

Here's one that may be difficult:
On the wall is an engraving of a girl and a cat. The cat is dead. The girl is weeping.</STRONG>

I can't help but think of Half-Life 2, but I'm probably wrong about that. Are console games allowed? Because I've got a good one.

On the wall is an engraving of a horned boy, a pale girl, and a shadow. The horned boy and the pale girl are holding hands. The shadow is striking a menacing pose.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »

ICO!

I never actually played it, but I played its semi-spiritual successor, Shadow of the Colossus. Fun game, that.

[ January 09, 2008: Message edited by: Xotes ]

"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

Well, that was fast. I have no idea what yours is, Xotes, so I'll just throw another out there.

On the wall is an engraving of a toaster and a witch. The witch is yelling. The toaster is cringing.

[ January 09, 2008: Message edited by: Tyrving ]

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrving:
<STRONG>I can't help but think of Half-Life 2, but I'm probably wrong about that.</STRONG>

Oh, so completely off...
Clue: it's actually a spoiler of it's endgame.

Hey Xotes!

quote:
On the wall is an engraving of a human and a demon in a blood-stained bedroom. The man has fallen on his back and is facing the demon. The demon is kneeling, facing the man. The man is wearing a ridiculously out of date blazer and fedora.

It didn't ring a bell right away, but I've played it. Trilby's Notes, right?
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

Nice! Yep, Trilby it is. He's a fantastic character, ain't he?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Xotes:
<STRONG>Nice! Yep, Trilby it is. He's a fantastic character, ain't he?</STRONG>

Wow! someone else has heard of my favorite Anglo-Aussi game reviewer/designer!

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2008, 11:58:00 am »

Engraved on the underside of a table you find a representation of digging dwarves, lots of varried monsters, goblins attacking and evil elves, also a subtitle that reads "By Singular Amphibian"

Not too hard if you dont get it I have to GORE you to PULP...

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PTTG??:
<STRONG>

Wow! someone else has heard of my favorite Anglo-Aussi game reviewer/designer!</STRONG>

Yah! All of his features and reviews and such are hilarious. His games are also fantastic. Creepy as hell, but still fantastic. ((Note, only applies to the Chzo Mythos. His other games are made of the lulz instead.))

Also, Dwarf Fortress. Durrr.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

This is a masterful image in ink on paper of a wolf and serpents. The serpents are striking a menacing pose. The wolf is laughing. The wolf is painting. The serpents are drunk. The serpents are withering away.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »

quote:
This is a masterful image in ink on paper of a wolf and serpents. The serpents are striking a menacing pose. The wolf is laughing. The wolf is painting. The serpents are drunk. The serpents are withering away.

Hrmmm... Inherit The Earth? My memory of the game is kina fuzzy, but I think I remember something like that.

[ January 10, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>This is a masterful image in ink on paper of a wolf and serpents. The serpents are striking a menacing pose. The wolf is laughing. The wolf is painting. The serpents are drunk. The serpents are withering away.</STRONG>

Okami?

[ January 10, 2008: Message edited by: Mr.Person ]

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20