Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57641 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »

*End of Game*
Everyone's Ki level is something like 3,000,000
Villain: And now, all of you die!*giant bomb beam*
Amnesiac Genie: Ki Armour.
And then Genie was a fuckin' tank.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »

@BFEL
I'll need to review it later.  My phone isn't very conductive to reviewing it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2015, 12:27:45 pm »

@BFEL
I'll need to review it later.  My phone isn't very conductive to reviewing it.
Ah, well basically there are two moves I'm really seeking input on. The idea behind them is to lock out enemy transformations. In a Dragonball game. So yeah, obvious review needed.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2015, 12:41:07 pm »

Transformations are 5-10 TU  untrained and a minimum of 1 when trained.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

Er... the moves I'm talking about DETRANSFORM people. Well the one does. The other makes it impossible to transform.

Indeed, I do this.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2015, 01:41:16 pm »

Yes, but if they can just re-transform in 1 TU it is basically a 1 TU stun. Maybe you should add something that makes it impossible to transform again for X TUs, to make it more useful?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2015, 02:08:08 pm »

Well, If this is turn based, then it is much more jarring, as it could put them open to an attack between His and their turn. Imagine your power level jumping about 100,000 lower, and then the person you were beating on gets a hit in.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2015, 02:23:40 pm »

Well, If this is turn based, then it is much more jarring, as it could put them open to an attack between His and their turn. Imagine your power level jumping about 100,000 lower, and then the person you were beating on gets a hit in.

Fair point, but we don't know how many TUs are in a turn. His character sheet seems to think it takes 3 turns to use, which would significantly lower its effects. It would be a lot easier to  balance things like this if we have had a fight already  :-\.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2015, 02:43:51 pm »

Andres, should note that the first post said that you sent Ateyo there to find out why Vegeta sent Raditz to that planet.  Would quote, but I only have a phone to access the internet, and a poorly made one at that.
Here's what happened...The first time I read it (several days ago), my eyes glanced over the "and ordered you to follow him" bit. The next few times I looked at it to figure out why I didn't get my section I didn't see it. When you made me pay attention to it, I finally saw that bit. I looked away for a second and I spent a full minute looking for it again. I just don't even know what to say.

Here's an idea I had that might make a good forum game:  Harry Potter game where a random one of the players is the Boy-who-lived.  if someone takes this idea, please save a slot for me.
I don't think many people here know about the Harry Potter world to get very engaged with it, but I could be wrong. If you plan on running it, I suggest making an Interest Check thread on the board first.

Appearance: He looks like a offensive cartoon character from the 50's. Or a Pokémon. He will get right to being ashamed of this right after he remembers what those things are.
And we instantly get into one of the reasons I don't like the Djinn race. Moving on...
Spoiler: Technique Review (click to show/hide)

...He could be the Majin buu of our setting?

Errr, why? He is a different race with different skillsets.
The wacky comedy relief I guess, because minstrel is apparently funny again. /joke
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:52:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2015, 02:56:43 pm »

The wacky comedy relief I guess, because minstrel shows are apparently funny again. /joke

Since a Japanese writer definably puts minstrel show stereotypes into his work, considering how popular they where there.....Actually, you are from Australia, right? They didn't have them over there either. I don't think Akira Toyama would even know what blackface is when writing the character.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2015, 03:26:46 pm »

Australia used blackface for a big chunk of its history. America wasn't the only country that didn't like black people.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 02, 2015, 09:55:51 pm »

nohkan and matilda.png
Black lives matter.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 02, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »

Yes, but if they can just re-transform in 1 TU it is basically a 1 TU stun. Maybe you should add something that makes it impossible to transform again for X TUs, to make it more useful?
Its implied that I would follow up with Hyper Entropic Field before they re-transformed. I am going full-on with the Support Character thing.

Indeed, I do this.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:16 pm »

Just to be clear, Pree sent Ateyo to Earth not to find dragon balls and not to kill all humans, but just to find out what Raditz and co. are doing on the planet, right?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 03, 2015, 03:35:13 pm »

Ateyo

Your pod silently follows the one belonging to Raditz, out of range of the alert system and the scouters.  Pree was concerned as to why Vegeta decided to send him out here and ordered you to follow him.  She's been getting a bit paranoid about whether or not your group would be discovered by Vegeta or not, but so far neither he, Nappa, or Raditz have found out.  As far as you know, at least.
I would assume so.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47