Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57672 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2015, 02:10:10 am »

So. How's the next turn coming along now? :P

Turns are really only relevant for combat.  I think in most cases, I'll just drop a stopping point that I want stuff guided towards in the OOC, such as below (Players around site), and just have people work towards that, with some minor interjections at different points.

Bringing forwards so can be reminded.

Relevant Players: Should note that Axal and Yusuke are still a bit out of range of the sound.  Sounds of battle; however, you will hear, though it would take a couple rounds to arrive.

Blitz: You do not need a turn to rise out of your ship.

Players around site: Pause when it is mentioned that Fuar is a frost demon/confrontation between him and the others is about to begin.  That's when I had planned on Ateyo arriving at the location.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2015, 02:12:40 am »

Here some moves, tell me what you think. Unfortunately I don't quite think I am doing them right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not going to comment on Valkyrie Shield and its variants since I don't know how clashes work.

Valkyrie Arrow doesn't follow the rules and Valkyrie Arrow Swarm would just break the game.
OP says that for every 1 damage a technique does it requires 1.5 Exertion. Even without the additional bonus damage it does 1.6/2 damage per Focus point. WITH the bonus damage it's even more OP and breaks even more rules since an additional 1 Exertion is applied to all extra damaging effects (the Destructo Disc's ability to cut anything is an example). We've got one Frost Demon and no Majinns so in effect the penalty wouldn't be that bad in-game. That it would still manage to do damage even if it gets intercepted is possibly OP on its own but certainly requires an extra point of Focus.
Valkyrie Arrow Swarm takes the problem that VA had and takes it up to eleven. At its maximum, it would fire 20 arrows, half of which would do 3 damage and the other half which would do 1 damage at a total of 40 damage. 40 damage at 30 charge time and 25 Exertion. The charge time can be forgiven considering the technique's penalty for getting interrupted, there's no defending the Exertion cost. The technique requires no less than 30 Focus plus whatever else is needed to supply each of the individual arrow's +2 damage on a 50/50 chance and their interception-resistance.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2015, 02:14:08 am »

That means post in the IC! I hunger for arpee
Black lives matter.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2015, 02:32:57 am »

-On Pree forbidding Ateyo from losing his scouter-

Fragile things aren't they?  Very easily destroyed, leaving behind valuable parts.  Parts that can easily be lost track of in the middle of a fight.  Parts that can be reverse engineered by someone who knows a fair deal about ki, and realizes that you could just have the scouter shut down when it reaches an overload rather than exploding.
"Leaving behind parts."
While I completely understand that scouters can be reverse-engineered even using what parts are left behind (roll to see how good the scouter prototype is?), I highly doubt said scientist can make a scouter that doesn't explode when it overloads if using the Saiyan scouter as a base.
The new, cutting-edge scouter that Frieza got from the Ginyus still exploded after he and Vegeta started releasing enough energy. You'd think the first thing they'd implement in the new scouters was something that would make them shut down instead of explode yet they still do, so the exploding factor is probably something that can't be solved in regards to Saiyan-type scouters.
He could certainly invent his own scouter that doesn't explode like Gero's one but that can't be made using reverse-engineered technology. (I looked up the Built-In Scouter on the DB wiki and found no mention of Gero adapting Saiyan scouters and making his own, so it's probably entirely homebrew.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:36:46 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2015, 02:37:03 am »

At its maximum, it would fire 20 arrows, half of which would do 3 damage and the other half which would do 1 damage at a total of 40 damage.

No the arrows with swarm always do 1 damage each.

But your probably right.

As for the normal arrow... it is just 1 damage with essentially a 50/50 chance of doing double. but where the "essential" damage is 2 and 3

1.5+1 is 2.5 for 2 damage is 5/8

But since they gain no "advantage" from this... I just gave them the normal calculation (But I should have given it a bit more). While I gave the perfected form the 5/8 cost
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:56:05 am by Neonivek »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2015, 03:23:16 am »

That means post in the IC! I hunger for arpee
Thou art not the only one.
That's totally proper grammar, amirite?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2015, 06:24:53 am »

Soory about the accidental super hearing, I assumed the clang from Matilda was exceedingly loud
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:52 am »

I tried to make a page in the Roleplay index for this, but I can't for some reason. Might be something with my phone.

EDIT: Actually, I'd linked it wrong in the Bay12 index. :-[ I've fixed that and I'm finishing the page now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:41:33 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2015, 01:35:39 pm »

Probably should have used this thread to mention you made it.  Also, you forgot to link it.  Do so in this thread.

Edit: And if you are going to say 'should have put that in the OOC thread', Blitz, please post that in the OOC thread rather than another OOC post in the IC.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2015, 01:43:19 pm »

But then I wouldn't be a total hypocrite! :P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2015, 01:51:59 pm »

Also I was quoting that to remind you to post IC. :P
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »

I thought maybe giving Mlamlah a chance to say something might be a good idea.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2015, 02:04:21 pm »

Right. Whoops :P
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2015, 03:11:06 pm »

Will me an yasuke arrive on an update, or will there be a cue?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »

About the whole "stranded" thing, i'm willing to let that be a lie for the purposes of plot, if Nohkan actually has a ship stashed somewhere. He's mostly just trying to talk the perceived problem of a potentially homicidal alien away.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47