Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57516 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:36 am »

I hope this isn't dead, Cause it is awesome.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2015, 04:27:41 pm »

If my skills are really that much of a problem, I'll just swap 'em both out for Energy Wave and Full Power Energy Wave. I won't mind.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »

College work causing delay of game launch.  Extend appearances/backstories and discuss/refine skills characters have in the meantime.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2015, 04:34:57 pm »

Well, you heard the man.
Lets discuss backstory-related things.
And can someone actually explain want Zanz meant when he said to change Time Accel and Deccel to a per TU thing?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2015, 04:49:43 pm »

I would develop backstory but I'm not quite sure when this game is taking place. Before Vegeta's destruction? After Frieza's death? Somewhere in-between?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »

Eh. 'S not like... Well, you do need it. I don't.
Ask me a question, then, I suppose. I dunno.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2015, 04:53:41 pm »

What page is your character sheet on? I want to look at it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »

Page 9. 'S not hard to find.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2015, 05:04:22 pm »

Ok, So as a general Idea, Dr. Axal's entire backstory revolves around him being too much of a goody two shoes for the red ribbon army, and being smart enough to catch on. He steals the nearest Vehicle around, moves to different city, and starts life anew, Originally, He planned on using his intellect and resources to bring to life stolen plans for transforming humans into immortal Androids, after several trial experiments, (Involving the removal of his left hand and bionic replacement) He was urged to retain his humanity by a fashionista who was his then friend, now wife, Beryl Anklet, after she discovered his past using her connections in the upper crust.

After some deep deliberations, he ultimately decided that retaining his original body would be for the best. (especially considering the broken mannequin and window that was created when Beryl confronted him about the matter) they eventually became wed after some zany adventures that took place involving and before the destruction of the Red ribbon army. Had two children, a boy and a girl named Gerald and Hiel respectively. and settled down in west city for some odd years. In this time, He became a sort of background inventor, Creating the Dual chamber R.H.E.B (Rechargable Human Energy Battery) and palm mounted E.A.S (Energy absorbing stud) Neither of which were ever released.

His other inventions included the PokSyr, A medical tool allowing even civilians to administer medicine in an emergency, the M.A.H.E.B (Medical Artificial Human Energy Battery) and as of the game starting, he would have been working on the Spacial Realignment Engine, a device which can temporarily redirect energies powerful enough to warp Space-Time. and correct the distortions themselves. His main problem with the machine however, would require months of work to correct. His wife, Aesthetically minded, made sure that all of his creations were stylish along with being functional, ensuring that such products were quickly assimilated into the market, allowing them an early retirement at 70 if their money kept nicely.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:38:39 pm by Shadestyle »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:51 pm »

Page 9. 'S not hard to find.
You'll forgive me if I wouldn't have figured to type in 'finally' into the search bar to find a character sheet.

As for your techniques, I think they're pretty neat. For Time Accel/Deccel, though, how long does the effect last? Also, later on we'll gain more Focus to use and 15 Focus simply won't be a lot, yet your two techniques would presumably work just as well. How is that balanced?

His wife, Aesthetically minded, made sure that all of his creations were stylish along with being functional, ensuring that such products were quickly assimilated into the market, allowing them an early retirement at 70 if their money kept nicely.
Hold on, he's actually selling his ki-using android devices on the open market? Just like that? Will we be expecting flying people within the next few months/years?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2015, 05:19:33 pm »

Huh, I forgot to put that in. Hmm...
That'll have to be fixed.
As for balance... I'm honestly not sure. I meant to make it so, more than anything, that first form Fuar could keep up with the the other characters since, y'know, 0.5 multiplier.
Even 3rd form is slightly weaker than everyone else, to my knowledge.
And while 4th form is, Ki wise, stronger, he can't use any techniques.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2015, 05:29:17 pm »

His wife, Aesthetically minded, made sure that all of his creations were stylish along with being functional, ensuring that such products were quickly assimilated into the market, allowing them an early retirement at 70 if their money kept nicely.
Hold on, he's actually selling his ki-using android devices on the open market? Just like that? Will we be expecting flying people within the next few months/years?

No, That refers to stuff like the pocket syringe and human energy battery, the commercial version of the battery is a medical device that works very similarly to infusing someone with saline, a sort of artificial Ki is used to keep patients stable, similar to how the martial artist in this word can endure a lot of damage due to their Ki. The Ki absorption Device and a lot of the other things necessary to Create insane androids are firmly behind lock and key. (that and the fact that flying is not one of Axal's skills anyway.) None of his commercial products are compatible with human physiology, partially as it is too expensive to mass produce, and partially for safety's sake. a medical energy battery would be unable to be recharged, and the "Ki" would be unusable for anything but Keeping someone alive temporarily. Kind of like the Medigun from team fortress two.

Edited my post to distinguish between his commercial products and Personal ones.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:37:02 pm by Shadestyle »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2015, 05:36:14 pm »

And while 4th form is, Ki wise, stronger, he can't use any techniques.
The Fourth Form takes the base ki and multiplies it by 40, but, untrained, focus is hit with a multiplier of .10.
You can eventually grow out of that weakness, just as a Saiyan outgrows their tail weakness. I remember Frieza throwing a death ball or two plus those two death saucers.

As for balance... I'm honestly not sure. I meant to make it so, more than anything, that first form Fuar could keep up with the the other characters since, y'know, 0.5 multiplier.
You could make the multiplier based on how much Focus you put into it and the duration of the effects based on how long you charge it. Also, I suggest giving the Deccel technique more power than the Accel technique. What you want there is that Deccel is used for one-on-one battles and Accel for when you're fighting multiple people since you won't be able to cast Deccel on all of them.

No, That refers to stuff like the pocket syringe and human energy battery, the commercial version of the battery is a medical device that works very similarly to infusing someone with saline, a sort of artificial Ki is used to keep patients stable, similar to how the martial artist in this word can endure a lot of damage due to their Ki. The Ki absorption Device and a lot of the other things necessary to Create insane androids are firmly behind lock and key. (that and the fact that flying is not one of Axal's skills anyway.) None of his commercial products are compatible with human physiology, partially as it is too expensive to mass produce, and partially for safety's sake. a medical energy battery would be unable to be recharged, and the "Ki" would be unusable for anything but Keeping someone alive temporarily. Kind of like the Medigun from team fortress two.

Edited my post to distinguish between his commercial products and Personal ones.
Thanks for the clarification.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2015, 01:50:32 am »

While that could probably work, well...
I honestly have no idea how to write that, at least, not without resorting to algebra. A bit of help with that, please?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »

While that could probably work, well...
I honestly have no idea how to write that, at least, not without resorting to algebra. A bit of help with that, please?
Duration: 1 TU Per 2 TU charged
Charge time: 2 TU to Start the technique, then 2 additional TU per Stacks gained.
Exertion: 1 focus per Slow or Speed Stack.
Effects: Slows an enemy down by 10% per Stack applied, up to a maximum of 8 Stacks/Speeds up a Target by 5% Per stack applied, up to a maximum of 5 Stacks.

Something like that? Completely slowing someone would take about 16 TU, or 4 Turns, and last around 2 Turns. While your speed boost would take 2 turns and last for 1 turn, So maybe it needs to be tweaked. but the general idea is still there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47