Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: Dragon Ball RPG (OOC/Applications) (Game has started)  (Read 57505 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball RPG (Sign-ups Open)
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2015, 03:32:42 pm »

Well, excuse me, but Zan is the one not answering my PM questions, so...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2015, 12:16:22 pm »

Spoiler: Finally (click to show/hide)
Finally finished up my sheet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:18:20 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2015, 01:14:27 pm »

Time to begin critique of the current sheets.

You have a typo in your history by having put 'wondering the world' instead of 'wandering the world'.  Everything else appears to be correct; though adding an additional 1 to Spirit Shotgun to apply a spread effect to it (described along the lines of 'goes out X squares before splitting across adjacent squares along the path, power dividing among the break.  Break only happens Y times.), and the .5 exertion for non-mastered techniques is an additional .5 for every 3 exertion.  Could have the techniques you know having been learned from a master with one or two self created, but that is something minor.  One thing I have to ask about is why you have techniques that do the exact same thing as others (Spirit Gun and Demon Gun have the same stats, and Spirit Gun Mega and Demon Gun Mega also share the same stats).  Might be better to have them have different power out/effects or something if you want to use all of them, or remove one from each of the two overlaps for a different skill.  Note that you can use the Human's 'Dragon's Wisdom' power on your techniques.

You can remove the 'Soul Purity' stat, as that isn't being used.  You will also want to rebalance your skills, as the way you have them currently is numbered off of the old system.  As said to Stirk, you could have a skill or two having been learned by someone else.

You will also want to rebalance your exertion/damage/charge time to the new system.  Could have flight changed to equal .1 per TU and have it be a free action technique.  May want to come up with a name for Ayeto's father.  If you can't think of one easily, don't forget that Saiyan names from the series are based off of vegetables.

Could you make the Ki battery into one of your techniques, so that you can provide what the max amount of Ki it can hold is?  You can also remove the charge time for the Ki Charging, and instead put it as a per time unit effect, with the rate of how fast it charges up the battery per time unit.  I'm going to have to review the Low-Level Ki release effect a bit more later, as for now it is a little complex to decipher.  Ki drain you might want to do the same thing as the Ki Charging, having it be an exertion of per time unit and an effect of how fast it drains, may want to keep the charge time for that one, but you can lower it by a bit, considering how each round has an average of 5 TU, which would cause it to take 6 rounds to even start taking effect (Note that you may wind up getting less TU than even 5 in fights, with would wind up extending the time til effect even longer).  As for Focused Beam, you have the exertion a bit low.  Current system would put it at 4.5, as you do have an effect for it.

Going to need to change over from the Seconds system to the Time Units system, which would involve modifying your Exertion/Effects/Charge stats on the techniques.  Looks fairly good besides that.

As I mentioned for Yourmaster, you may want to change over flight from .5 per round to .1 per TU.  For Manticore Gauntlet, may want to set it so that it is 5/charge level.  May want to have the Manticore Bullet Barrage break the Manticore Gauntlet when that technique is used, possibly requiring the Gauntlet be at the second level.

As I mentioned for Yourmaster and Andres, you may want to change over flight from .5 per round to .1 per TU.  On Time Accel and Time Deccel, you will probably want it to have it have a per TU exertion, rather than a one time thing, or have it last for X of your Time Units.  As Frost Demons can live for exceptionally long periods of time, you may want to shoot up the age by a bit.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2015, 01:17:44 pm »

Hmm...
I'm not really sure what you mean by a per TU exertion for Time Accel and Deccel.
Fixing flight and the other thing, though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »

You have a typo in your history by having put 'wondering the world' instead of 'wandering the world'.  Everything else appears to be correct; though adding an additional 1 to Spirit Shotgun to apply a spread effect to it (described along the lines of 'goes out X squares before splitting across adjacent squares along the path, power dividing among the break.  Break only happens Y times.), and the .5 exertion for non-mastered techniques is an additional .5 for every 3 exertion.  Could have the techniques you know having been learned from a master with one or two self created, but that is something minor.  One thing I have to ask about is why you have techniques that do the exact same thing as others (Spirit Gun and Demon Gun have the same stats, and Spirit Gun Mega and Demon Gun Mega also share the same stats).  Might be better to have them have different power out/effects or something if you want to use all of them, or remove one from each of the two overlaps for a different skill.  Note that you can use the Human's 'Dragon's Wisdom' power on your techniques.

I think I will end up adding the spread effect to the shotgun, though the others having the same stats was *kind of* intentional. It was meant to give me a choice between mystic and ki attacks. If you think that is too boring or whatever, I would happily change the stats to something more varied. Honestly I am a bit confused about what "Dragon's Wisdom" does. I thought it was something meant for techniques built in-game and not having anything to do with character creation.

Also, I will totally fix my stupid typo  :P. I completely forgot about the non-mastered penalty too.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2015, 02:20:42 pm »

Ateyo's father is names spinkara.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2015, 02:58:23 pm »

I'm not really sure what you mean by a per TU exertion for Time Accel and Deccel.

Each time unit passed costs X exertion to maintain the effect.

I think I will end up adding the spread effect to the shotgun, though the others having the same stats was *kind of* intentional. It was meant to give me a choice between mystic and ki attacks. If you think that is too boring or whatever, I would happily change the stats to something more varied. Honestly I am a bit confused about what "Dragon's Wisdom" does. I thought it was something meant for techniques built in-game and not having anything to do with character creation.

Oh, hey, I didn't notice that one was Ki and the other was Mystic.  My mistake.

Ateyo's father is names spinkara.

Okay.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2015, 03:03:09 pm »

Wouldn't that make it cost more as I got stronger?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2015, 04:47:26 pm »

When a new Ki battery is "Learned" Should I just Update the Technique, or replace it with a new one. Actually a good question would be, how do technique variations work, like, if someone knew the Kamehameha, and then learned the variant for shooting it from the feet, Would that be a brand new technique, or is there a distinction?

Reworked sheet to fit new parameters.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:00:54 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

As I mentioned for Yourmaster, you may want to change over flight from .5 per round to .1 per TU.  For Manticore Gauntlet, may want to set it so that it is 5/charge level.  May want to have the Manticore Bullet Barrage break the Manticore Gauntlet when that technique is used, possibly requiring the Gauntlet be at the second level.
5 exertion or 5 damage? I'm guessing you mean exertion. I can't really make it cost even more exertion or it would cost too much to use the MBB (at the moment it's only worth it if I fire it for 5 consecutive rounds). Maybe I can half the damage of the gauntlets?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2015, 05:21:40 pm »

5 exertion or 5 damage? I'm guessing you mean exertion. I can't really make it cost even more exertion or it would cost too much to use the MBB (at the moment it's only worth it if I fire it for 5 consecutive rounds). Maybe I can half the damage of the gauntlets?

I was talking about how you said the Manticore Gauntlet could be charged even further for the quadruple damage for the 5/chrage level.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2015, 05:28:18 pm »

I was talking about how you said the Manticore Gauntlet could be charged even further for the quadruple damage for the 5/chrage level.
Double-charging would take up another 5 TU, would eat up another 3 Focus, and would have a total constant exertion drain of 1 per round. Also, it does double-damage for two different things - not quadruple damage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2015, 08:41:18 pm »

Double-charging would take up another 5 TU, would eat up another 3 Focus, and would have a total constant exertion drain of 1 per round. Also, it does double-damage for two different things - not quadruple damage.

I was saying you use the 5/charge level for charge time as a way to define how long it would take to get the manticore gauntlet to that point.  It appears that I forgot to note in the OP that melee damage is only .25 damage as its base, thought that has the effect of allowing multiple strikes in a round at a cost of .5 focus for additional strikes and burns through 1 TU.  As you appear to having been working under the assumption that melee is 1 damage per strike.

May want to change the Manticore Gauntlet to this:

Name: Manticore Gauntlet
Inventor: Pree
Appearance: An energy orb entirely covering the hand
Type: Ki
Charge Time: 5 per Charge Level
Effects: There are three Charge Levels for this techinque.
Charge Level 1 causes this to deal 1 damage on a melee strike, but causes the Gauntlet to break on the strike.  Charge Level 2 causes an increase to 2 in melee strike damage and allows access to the Manticore Bullet Barrage.  Charge Level 3 causes the gauntlet to reduce damage for a melee strike to .5 but does not break on strike.  In addition, the damage dealt by the Manticore Bullet Barrage is doubled.
Exertion: 3 to create, 0.2 per TU to maintain level 1, .5 per TU to maintain level 2, 1 per TU to maintain level 3.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:08:55 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2015, 10:00:53 pm »

There's still the problem that it would make the MBB too expensive in terms of Focus to use. By how you put it, I'd have to spend 3(initial charge)+0.2*5(maintenance)+3(charge to level 2)+0.5*5(level 2 maintenance)+0.5(MBB)=10 exertion and I'd have to wait 3 turns to fire it.
Here's some adjustments I've made:

Name: Manticore Gauntlet
Inventor: Pree
Appearance: An orb of energy that covers the entire hand.
Type: Ki
Charge Time: 5 per Charge Level
Effects: There are three Charge Levels for this technique.
Charge Level 1 deals no damage on its own but allows access to the Manticore Bullet Barrage.
Charge Level 2 deals 0.5 damage in melee strike damage but breaks when used as such. Multiplies Manticore Bullet Barrage damage by 1.2
Charge Level 3 does not break on strike and doubles the damage of the Manticore Bullet Barrage.
Exertion: 1 to create, 0.2 per 5 TU to maintain level 1; 1.5 to create, 0.6 per 5 TU to maintain level 2; 1.5 to create, 1 per 5 TU to maintain level 3.

The primary purpose of the Manticore Gauntlet is to allow for the Manticore Bullet Barrage - an equivalent to Continuous Energy Bullets that takes longer and costs more to set up but costs less after sustained use. If it costs me 0.2*5 per round for the gauntlet and then another .5 for the Manticore Bullet Barrage, I'd be spending 1.5 exertion per turn firing it plus I'd have to spend the initial costs and charge time to make the gauntlet, so it would basically be Continuous Energy Bullets except with a higher exertion cost and charge time. Therefore, I knocked it down so it costs 0.2 per 5 TU, rather than per 1 TU.

This is how it would operate under my new design:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This accomplishes the techniques' goals of replicating Continuous Energy Bullets at a higher cost to start up but paying off after a few rounds. The Manticore Gauntlets' melee capabilities were an afterthought when I originally designed it. Maybe I should get rid of them completely and replace them with a different skill later on, in-game?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:39:13 pm by Andres »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 02:19:13 am »

So, Zan? Is this still on?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47